Photo

Airlines growing like hell

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

glennnorway

glennnorway

• 3 posts

Hi,

i am very new to this game, but already a big fan! but i have a question. i'm now in the R5 world, my first time outside a sandbox world, and i do not understand how people can have airlines worth $5,977,968,152 and a fleet of almost 200 planes in just over 1 year. everybody starts with the same 7m and a maximum of 3*5m loans right? is it possible to cheat? cause it sure looks like it! 

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

Hi,

i am very new to this game, but already a big fan! but i have a question. i'm now in the R5 world, my first time outside a sandbox world, and i do not understand how people can have airlines worth $5,977,968,152 and a fleet of almost 200 planes in just over 1 year. everybody starts with the same 7m and a maximum of 3*5m loans right? is it possible to cheat? cause it sure looks like it! 

because they're the ****ers who like to spam

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

Hi,

That's because the big airlines are established players, and have an established strategy. Not all the airlines grow at the same pace as yours. And how can you be new if you joined in the December of 2014?

Venator77

Venator77

• 109 posts

User's Awards

That's because the big airlines are established players, and have an established strategy. Not all the airlines grow at the same pace as yours. And how can you be new if you joined in the December of 2014?

It's possible he has not been around since then.

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Hi,

Those are new players who still don't understand the easiest way to take a gold valuation trophy is to sneak into a world 15 years before it resets.

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

Look at my airline in R5 i've only got 15 planes at the moment and i'm in 45th place... i've been playing since monday you just have to know your airports.

Aegean Turkish Airlines 

edit: also know your planes very well and know what you need for a route for example at the time in the game right the 767 300 and 200 are practically cheat codes... in 2015 the airplanes are aging death sentences.

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

I find it ridiculous too. Like, for World S3-A (which is almost over BTW,) I've seen so many airlines like Air Luxor, Continental Airlines, and JinAir having a rapid growth, buying everything on the market at an incredibly fast rate. It's like, "How the heck are you guys still getting a profit, when all of your money's being blown on ordering more planes at an out of control speed?"

But back on topic, I'm somewhat seeing the same too in World R1 and R5, and yet I'm still growing at a controlled pace, with about 37 DC-7s and I'm at Rank 33. Same can be said in R5 being at Rank 37 with 23 jetliners. I think it's stupid on how others spam the market, ordering planes at an uncontrolled rate. There would be no way I could keep up if I had 2000+ planes being delivered all at once.

uddNEMA.jpg

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts

I'm the #1 airline in R5 but there's no cheating involved.

Just a matter of knowing all the different ways to increase your profits and being good at math.

Players that only use so called "spamming" to win will lose to me ( or any good player ) every time.

I've given advice in the forums and tried at times to give it to other airlines in the games I've been in........but it's surprising how many players don't want to accept advice and instead just keep making poor choices.

Actually, there's a couple of airlines in R5 that have kept pace and have been # 2 and #3 for a while now.

There both good players or they wouldn't be where they are and no one else is even close.

If they keep it up for a long time one of them will win R5 because very shortly I will shut down WestAir........have to go back to work.

Glennorway........if you want to become really good then learn everything you can from the forums........and know math.

One more tip once you get good at making money........

When your starting out in a new game world and you know how to grow fast but run into the cc credit crunch that only allows you to lease 20 aircraft.........don't take out that 2nd loan that lowers your credit rating to 20 leases.

If you get it right you can cruise right through this critical chokepoint without needing a second loan and get a jump on the competition by bringing on more models of aircraft sooner.

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts

Look at my airline in R5 i've only got 15 planes at the moment and i'm in 45th place... i've been playing since monday you just have to know your airports.

Aegean Turkish Airlines 

edit: also know your planes very well and know what you need for a route for example at the time in the game right the 767 300 and 200 are practically cheat codes... in 2015 the airplanes are aging death sentences.

What are you talking about ........the 767 is a cheat code ?

It is pretty good on longer distance routes during it's era but it definitely is not the best overall money maker when it was being built.

In the game world were both in ( and I'm #1 ) the 767-300ER was the last model I took on, the first was the lowly 737-400 which often makes as much profit as the 767 at half the cost. 

And shortly after the 767-200 came out the A300-600 came out which was a more profitable aircraft to fly on larger routes up to 4,300 miles.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

At a certain point you realize the only point of on-hand money is to expand. 

nWcLJH0.png

gertjatsa

gertjatsa

Enthusiast

• 61 posts

User's Awards

At a certain point you realize the only point of on-hand money is to expand. 

Yeah exactly. If you keep enough money to pay salaries, pay gate leasing, pay aircraft leasing and maintenance, then the rest can go on purchasing new aircraft for your fleet. No other use for it.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

What are you talking about ........the 767 is a cheat code ?

It is pretty good on longer distance routes during it's era but it definitely is not the best overall money maker when it was being built.

In the game world were both in ( and I'm #1 ) the 767-300ER was the last model I took on, the first was the lowly 737-400 which often makes as much profit as the 767 at half the cost. 

And shortly after the 767-200 came out the A300-600 came out which was a more profitable aircraft to fly on larger routes up to 4,300 miles.

Yeah, I agree on 767, wtf was that cheat code comment? 767 is among better planes but nothing exceptional.

There's mostly no cheating in AE, most older members and better players just know the right way to pump their profit early in the game and spam (over-expand) later.

Expanding to 200 planes in one year is low, if there's a big used marked 4-5 years into the game the number for an efficient player can be more like 1000 in 1 year. :P

And 5 billion in valuation is still basic, wait until the end of a world and some players might have valuation of several hundreds of trillions, i.e. entire current world economy (70-100 trillion) a few times over. Ridiculous, I know, but in AE right now there's no better economic model for earning or taxing players, and collecting money matters, there's no better way to count your accomplishments and stuff. :) It should be more rational in newer versions of AE, as developers promise.

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

I find it ridiculous too. Like, for World S3-A (which is almost over BTW,) I've seen so many airlines like Air Luxor, Continental Airlines, and JinAir having a rapid growth, buying everything on the market at an incredibly fast rate. It's like, "How the heck are you guys still getting a profit, when all of your money's being blown on ordering more planes at an out of control speed?"

But back on topic, I'm somewhat seeing the same too in World R1 and R5, and yet I'm still growing at a controlled pace, with about 37 DC-7s and I'm at Rank 33. Same can be said in R5 being at Rank 37 with 23 jetliners. I think it's stupid on how others spam the market, ordering planes at an uncontrolled rate. There would be no way I could keep up if I had 2000+ planes being delivered all at once.

That's because they're active players, and also, they make so much money, that as soon they order planes, they will get the money that they lost within a short period of time

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

1st. It's not my airlines.

2nd. Most of their Plane are cheap ass turboprops or some regional s*** that crashed every 2 months. I could get 200 cheap ass aircrafts in 6 months.

3rd. Strategy.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

2nd. Most of their Plane are cheap ass turboprops or some regional s*** that crashed every 2 months. I could get 200 cheap ass aircrafts in 6 months.

Yeah, that too... Maybe not always, but some players get that count up by a lot, myself included, especially when they want a "realistic" network, higher reputation (frequency), or there's just not enough big planes on the used market and you want to fly more.

I usually don't buy really small planes, but some standard regional like ATR or CRJ, oh yeah. 30 of my ATR72s make money like 5 747s, and that's just fine, what's wrong with that? They're more expensive to run per passenger, but they are cheap to buy and maintain initially. And when you want to flood small routes or care for reputation, and when you don't care about gates at domestic airports, why not? They're awesome.

I don't get that comment about crashing. Nothing's crashing in AE, and IRW maybe in your part of the world, I haven't heard about any serious regional airliner crash in Europe for I don't know how long so I don't see how they're crashing? Or unsafe? What was the point? (and if some amateur jackass does something stupid in his Cessna to brag in front of his friends and crashes, that happens but I don't care about that very much).

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Yeah, that too... Maybe not in always, but some players get that count up by a lot, myself included, especially when they want a "realistic" network, higher reputation (frequency), or there's just not enough big planes on the used market and you want to fly more.

I usually don't buy really small planes, but some standard regional like ATR or CRJ, oh yeah. 30 of my ATR72s make money like 5 747s, and that's just fine, what's wrong with that? They're more expensive to run per passenger, but they are cheap to buy and maintain initially. And when you want to flood small routes or care for reputation, and when you don't care about gates at domestic airports, why not? They're awesome.

I don't get that comment about crashing. Nothing's crashing in AE, and IRW maybe in your part of the world, I haven't heard about any serious regional airliner crash in Europe for I don't know how long so I don't see how they're crashing? Or unsafe? What was the point? (and if some amateur jackass does something stupid in his Cessna to brag in front of his friends and crashes, that happens but I don't care about that very much).

Nothing wrong with buying small props. It just that regarding this topic, he ask how could players get 200 aircrafts in 1 year. I just said, they could do it because the smaller plane is way cheaper to leased and they got delivered at faster rate at around 1 or 2 weeks per plane, compared to 3 to 4 weeks for wide-body.

mixo

mixo

• 4 posts

I'm the #1 airline in R5 but there's no cheating involved.

Just a matter of knowing all the different ways to increase your profits and being good at math.

Players that only use so called "spamming" to win will lose to me ( or any good player ) every time.

I've given advice in the forums and tried at times to give it to other airlines in the games I've been in........but it's surprising how many players don't want to accept advice and instead just keep making poor choices.

Actually, there's a couple of airlines in R5 that have kept pace and have been # 2 and #3 for a while now.

There both good players or they wouldn't be where they are and no one else is even close.

If they keep it up for a long time one of them will win R5 because very shortly I will shut down WestAir........have to go back to work.

Glennorway........if you want to become really good then learn everything you can from the forums........and know math.

One more tip once you get good at making money........

When your starting out in a new game world and you know how to grow fast but run into the cc credit crunch that only allows you to lease 20 aircraft.........don't take out that 2nd loan that lowers your credit rating to 20 leases.

If you get it right you can cruise right through this critical chokepoint without needing a second loan and get a jump on the competition by bringing on more models of aircraft sooner.

I will take any and all advice you're willing to offer.

glennnorway

glennnorway

• 3 posts

Thanks for advices guys. My main problem is getting the cc and ccc rating, and have to wait leasing new aircrafts, and in that time, other players already have 50 aircrafts... and yeah, I'm recently active. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users