Photo

So I bought a plane that I can't even use. What could I do?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dino_guy123

Dino_guy123

• 2 posts

Hi, I recently bought an Airbus A300-600 (which requires a runway of around 7,000 feet), and my main airport (if that's what you call it) is Southampton (this means all routes must start from Southampton), Southampton has a runway of roughly 5,000 feet... well, sh*t, I now have a large passenger aircraft idly sitting in a warehouse.

Is there anything I can do except for slowly cry in the corner whilst thinking of the huge dent in my wallet I've just made? :P

klaasvinkie

klaasvinkie

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

fly from another airport in the uk ;)

Snolanda

Snolanda

• 1 posts

Fear not. You're HQ may be Southampton, however this doesn't mean that all flights must originate from there. What  the political restriction states is that all of your flights must originate in the country of your HQ. While Southampton is unfortunately never going to be able to land a A300-6, Im sure there are other airports around that could happily accommodate it.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Sue Airbus.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Fly from another airport.  You do not have to fly from your hq airport. pick another airport.  

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

why would you make an airport than can't even take on widebodies your main airport?

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

Try it anyway and upload the result to youtube

nWcLJH0.png

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I do it almost exclusively. To reduce competition.   If competition cant fly in  because the runways too short. its their problem.   And you make more cash. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users