Travelhouse abusing its 'power' and threatening me

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts
Hi all,

well, today I was checking my routes and then I found out that Travelhouse was flying a B747-400D on two of my routes: GOA-ATH and GOA-BFS. Both at a ticket price of $1 (one dollar). I think that this kind of things should be forbidden.

Last round there were also topics about this subject (with different airlines) and I think that it is just abusing the power of an airline. Just because he/she makes a lot of money doesn't mean that you can screw up the game by flying $1 routes. There are people here who just want to have fun and this kind of idiots screw up the game for them.

I will just continue these two routes because my hub helps me getting enough passengers on these routes, but other airlines on the routes will disappear soon I think and that is just not fair.

Edit:
After I posted the text above I saw that this message was in my in game message box:

travel house air 2005-12-27 09:40:49 FRA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay off FRA or I will take all your GOA away from you.

Well, I suppose that this is totally sick...

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by Zirk
Hi all,

well, today I was checking my routes and then I found out that Travelhouse was flying a B747-400D on two of my routes: GOA-ATH and GOA-BFS. Both at a ticket price of $1 (one dollar). I think that this kind of things should be forbidden.

Last round there were also topics about this subject (with different airlines) and I think that it is just abusing the power of an airline. Just because he/she makes a lot of money doesn't mean that you can screw up the game by flying $1 routes. There are people here who just want to have fun and this kind of idiots screw up the game for them.

I will just continue these two routes because my hub helps me getting enough passengers on these routes, but other airlines on the routes will disappear soon I think and that is just not fair.

Edit:
After I posted the text above I saw that this message was in my in game message box:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I suppose that this is totally sick...

Well, you massed on FRA - GOA

Then not till after I returned with a few return hits you decided to remove it, so I removed my hits.

Then you thought, OK I will try again.

Problem is:

1. My Alliance partner and I are on this, route, you make my one leg go into the RED, so I acted.

2. I stand by my comments, GET OFF this one route and I will remove my other GOA legs.

Simple - Your Call

But if you want to play, then let's say Ho Ho Ho and have a Jolly good time.

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts
I don't know what you are talking about.

I had a Q400 5x at GOA-FRA, but it was only making about $3,000 so I decided that that Q400 could make more money on another route and thus I placed it on another route and placed a Q400 1x at GOA-FRA.

So, what do you mean with 'you massed on FRA - GOA'? Before my Q400 I had 5x a 328 on that route and I just try to fly all my routes at the highest frequency, so nothing special about this route. Next to that, other airlines are flying with much more capacity on GOA-FRA.

I will not drop FRA as it is just part of my routes, I think that you should just learn to live with it and getting a big(ger) airline with fair play and not with threatening other airlines and 'hitting' them because they 'hit' you. They probably don't even know that you are on that route and they are certainly not doing it at purpose. They just want to have a new route or more capacity on a route. Do you think that I never have an airline that gets on one of my routes and that I think: "too bad, now my DOP drops"? I have that all the time. Just because you are big doesn't mean that you can threaten people and 'hit' them all the time.

Just think about this, because it seems fair to me...

Edit: By the way, how old are you anyways???

[bewerken aan 27/12/2005 door Zirk]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I don't know what you are talking about.

I will not drop FRA

Hmmm Thick is what you are, read what I said (You Massed on FRA - GOA) today you placed that, made my ONE single flight go into the RED.

Simple facts you massed on FRA / GOA , Now you remove that and I remove my ones on those that I placed in return. You say you will not, then thats your call, you can suffer from not thinking 1st.

You stand to WIN more than I do around GOA as I am returning my gates from NON-HUB locations but if you persist on this one route these gates will be placed to good use, and I will protect my alliance member also who is also in the RED on this route because you entered it.

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts

Origineel gepost door travelhouse because you entered it.

I entered this route (real-life) weeks before today already so I don't know what you are talking about. I just changed from 5x 328 to 1x Q400, so from 5x32 to 1x74 ==> 160 to 74, so what are you complaining about, you should have a higher profit now.

I guess you are just searching somebody to blame... There are 8 (eight) airlines on that route so why would it just be me. I have and had one of the lowest capacities on that route already: 3%. So why should I close my 1 (one) frequency remaining? Perhaps you never experienced the phenomenon that a route has (almost) too much capacity: well this is it.

You and your alliance member (Air Daisy) are having 77% of the capacity on that route. Your alliance member just has a profit in the red on this route because her ticket price is too high I guess. Please search the cause at yourself first, because this whole situation wasn't caused by me in the first place.

mandala499

mandala499

• 27 posts
To hear:

Coming from someone who wrote:

I took it as the threat but then again, I will now call you to the table and state this.

and

It seems you associate with one that just loves this kinda caper, not to say places stupid amounts on routes to annoy others and this is bad to other players so, watch your own words you post as it dosnt show to well towards your integrity.

and

Pointless stating any election crap, its to stop players posting and throwing slander at others. The forum is a place to talk/report and share ideas, not start up an election.

Makes me wonder what am I missing...

Tsk tsk tsk.. Double standards I sense... This is after all.. Airline Empires, not Travelhouse Empire...

With Zirk asking...

Edit: By the way, how old are you anyways???

and you saying...

3. I adjust my prices all the time, as when you obtain a larger market share unless you re-set the price you will not gain the added value of the DOP, thats what this game is all about.

With your network so big that it can crash people's computers when they want to load your route network, I wonder... do you really work? or do you pretend to work when at the office?

Mandala499

[Edited on 12/27/2005 by mandala499]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I had a Q400 5x at GOA-FRA

Oh no you lie also, read what you said, you said ( I had a Q400 5x at GOA-FRA )

Oh well have it your way, I will play in GOA you have a few hours to sort it out.

End of subject, not posting in this post again.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

do you really work? or do you pretend to work when at the office?

Mandala499 this is not your BEEF so stay out and keep your nose clean.

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts

Origineel gepost door mandala499
Makes me wonder what am I missing...

I am thinking the same mandala499, because I don't understand what travelhouse is thinking either.

Origineel gepost door travelhouse

I had a Q400 5x at GOA-FRA

Oh no you lie also, read what you said, you said ( I had a Q400 5x at GOA-FRA )

So, then I just said the same = I wasn't lieing in my opinion.

Origineel gepost door travelhouse

Why not, I posted this here so that I could here other peoples opinion about this. I think this is just a weird and wrong situation from your side and I am starting to believe that I am not the only one who thinks this.

Again, I upgraded all my routes with 328 to Q400, including my GOA-FRA route, but as it wasn't making much money with 5x Q400 on it I decided to decrease capacity to 1x Q400. Before my 5x Q400 I already had 5x 328 on it.
Edit: so I actually have less capacity on this route than I had before.

[bewerken aan 27/12/2005 door Zirk]

mandala499

mandala499

• 27 posts

Is that a threat? Well Travelhouse, you're on almost everyone's BEEF... but at least not everyone is as inconsistent as you in their principles.

Let me see...

Seems that these type of messages are happening to us all, I can recall TorqueWrench making comments about appropiate game play, and Not Acceptable Ways will be tollarated, this is one TorqueWrench and AE sould also throw into the bag. (Unacceptable Hate Mail)

Quote above courtesy of: http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=5857

Yet... this thread shows you're committing such things... Now where's that word again...

Uhmm... hypocrite perhaps? Unless my understanding of English is so bad that perhaps these "Unacceptable Hate Mail" and "Not Acceptable Ways" is what you support in that particular quote. If so, then pardon me for my misunderstanding.

Mandala499

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by mandala499

Is that a threat? Well Travelhouse, you're on almost everyone's BEEF... but at least not everyone is as inconsistent as you in their principles.

Let me see...

Seems that these type of messages are happening to us all, I can recall TorqueWrench making comments about appropiate game play, and Not Acceptable Ways will be tollarated, this is one TorqueWrench and AE sould also throw into the bag. (Unacceptable Hate Mail)

Quote above courtesy of: http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=5857

Yet... this thread shows you're committing such things... Now where's that word again...

Uhmm... hypocrite perhaps? Unless my understanding of English is so bad that perhaps these "Unacceptable Hate Mail" and "Not Acceptable Ways" is what you support in that particular quote. If so, then pardon me for my misunderstanding.

Mandala499

Hmmm Some players who are not involved do get themselfs into a twist.

Seening your a little slow in understanding it all - Let me point it out, WHY I said its not your BEEF.

This player massed onto a FRA - GOA route today as a result, was not able to set a price and my DOP on this was RED Figures. So, I returned the little issue by placing $1 on a few of his routes, (Well within the Game) So, then this player remove from FRA - GOA and I was able to set a price to get my original return. To show good faith I removed my $1 routes (Simple)

Now, I read this Post, and I quote like you like to do:

this kind of idiots

Well would you like me to call you an Idiot, so I acted like anyother person who is refered to as the lesser.

So, now I posted, if you want to mass, then suffer, (Simple)

Sure this post is getting out of hand a little and like TorqueWrench said:

Not Acceptable Ways will be tollarated

100% agree, placing $1 fares is within the game, lots do it, but calling another player an Idiot 1st IS NOT.

There you have it. Take it anyway you like but (Reverse it) and you be the one in my position and I am sure you will see different views.

[Edited on 12/27/2005 by travelhouse]

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts

There you have it. Take it anyway you like but (Reverse it) and you be the one in my position and I am sure you will see different views.

[Edited on 12/27/2005 by travelhouse]

If I was in your position I wouldn't have threatened anybody in the first place and I certainly wouldn't have set the ticket price at $1 since it not fair for the other players. If I had an airline as big as yours I would just be thankful for the profit that that particular route still gave me instead of wanting the old profit back again since that is just not possible when more airlines are coming on the route,
BUT I was already flying the route and I actually decreased my capacity before I received your in-game message so I don't understand why you are still complaining: your profit on this route should be even higher than before.

mandala499

mandala499

• 27 posts
Travelhouse,
Perhaps when you quote it should be a little bit more complete so I can remember which one was it.

Seening your a little slow in understanding it all - Let me point it out, WHY I said its not your BEEF.

and... you're still on everyone's beef though... But hey, that's your right to, so, if you support $1 fares, I really don't see why you'd complain about your particular route DOP going into the red for whatever reason in the first place. I fail to understand that increasing capacity on a route which affects your route DOP is a bad thing because that is competition, you do it to them and at the same time they do it to you. I'm sure your actions have caused someone's route DOP to fall into the red before... So what's all the fuss about?

This player massed onto a FRA - GOA route today as a result, was not able to set a price and my DOP on this was RED Figures. So, I returned the little issue by placing $1 on a few of his routes, (Well within the Game) So, then this player remove from FRA - GOA and I was able to set a price to get my original return. To show good faith I removed my $1 routes (Simple)

Since the last 2 sentences was written in past tense I thought it had happened. I just checked it and, err... no... wonder why the past tense? Did you expect everyone to just bow to whatever you demand? or was it ANOTHER past example? If so, which example is it? It's very confusing to try and really understand what you're writing if you don't explain yourself well. I find the posts of some non-English speakers here easier to understand.

Now since you say that...

and that you agreed... So... if you say that...

100% agree, placing $1 fares is within the game, lots do it, but calling another player an Idiot 1st IS NOT.

why is calling another player an idiot is not? Surely it counts as one of the "Not Acceptable Ways" that as you said Torquewrench said is to be tolerated. Now, can someone point me out to the rules on what is and what is not acceptable in the game, airline to airline messages, the forum and the U2U so I don't make a fool out of myself... or am I missing something again in what you said ?

Perhaps that'll save us both from further misunderstanding or the potential from future accusations that one of us is reversing whatever one says... Please, it's one of us that's confusing, let's throw the confusion away.

Coz the only thing I found so far is:

This is an online aviation management sim forum, so act like if you where managers.

cut down on the insults and vulger langauge unless you want to join the banned users club.

Take it anyway you like but (Reverse it) and you be the one in my position and I am sure you will see different views

If I am in your position I wouldn't throw such messages in the first place. What Zirk did is competition and its part of this game... I don't see anything wrong with it. You could have just stated why you sent him the message as part of the game instead. And as a participant of the game, it's also then my beef too, because I'm part of the game.
---

Zirk, she ain't making more money on those routes or restore her route DOP coz as I hit this send button because she's still on $1 on those routes.

Mandala499

[Edited on 12/27/2005 by mandala499]

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
the three of you, we have in game emails, administrators, and U2U for a reason, Use 'em please.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

If I was in your position I wouldn't have threatened anybody in the first place and I certainly wouldn't have set the ticket price at $1 since it not fair for the other players. If I had an airline as big as yours I would just be thankful for the profit that that particular route still gave me instead of wanting the old profit back again since that is just not possible when more airlines are coming on the route,

:(:P Well, since you aren't in the same position as Travelhouse, maybe you will soon remember that AE is a business simulation and not a kindergarten game of Candyland. Business is business, not personal. If you don't like the competitors aircraft with $1 or $0 fares on your route, then leave the route or take a loss. There is nothing wrong with putting $0 or $1 ticket prices on a route to gain market share or take it away from others as long as your airline is continuing to make a profit. That is part of business.

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
This is just sad...play the game for the sake of playing the game. Have fun with it, there's no need whatsoever to have bickering back and forth in addition to threatening one another. Just play the game and treat everyone else as a fellow aviation or business enthusiast here for the exact same reasons you are...

luv2spot

luv2spot

• 26 posts

Originally posted by drv4truk

:(:P Well, since you aren't in the same position as Travelhouse, maybe you will soon remember that AE is a business simulation and not a kindergarten game of Candyland. Business is business, not personal. If you don't like the competitors aircraft with $1 or $0 fares on your route, then leave the route or take a loss. There is nothing wrong with putting $0 or $1 ticket prices on a route to gain market share or take it away from others as long as your airline is continuing to make a profit. That is part of business.

HEY PSA

Aren't you calling the kettle black? You are one of, if not the most abusive of this 0$ 1$ crap.

Axis

Axis

• 72 posts
I fight with travelhouse all the time, but she usually wins :( just get over it

mandala499

mandala499

• 27 posts
Player A & B are dominant players on a route.

Say A does something or is accused by B for doing something which makes B's route DOP goes into the red... So what? as PSA said... it's a game.

But no, B has to write a "get off the route or I'll invade your base" message, and A ends up writing it up on the forum...

A claims he/she's a victim, B claims he/she's deserves a profit on the route.

What drv4truk wrote is correct, in that if you can't compete with $1 or $0 routes, take a loss or leave the route... but what makes this case funny to me is that the dominant player gets ticked off by a smaller player and starts dumping $1 fares because her route DOP goes negative... then goes to try and justify her move by saying so... which sounds like kindergarten stuff (borrowing drv4truk's term)... This is a game of competition, it's not about sharing so everyone can have a profit... and it's not a place where being trodden upon by a bigger player is forbidden... Who needs to have a reality check on AE? Both of them I guess...

Have a happy new year everyone... hope everyone goes back to their real lives on that night... :(

Mandala499

Jazyf1

Jazyf1

• 135 posts
Well if you get sick of the big airlines to what they do....just price dump to $1 fares...it's easy they lose money to you know....and dont give in because they are big...or do what I did put 5, A346's on that kind of route;)

Maybe some smaller airlines should go together and do the same thing...but alot of A/C and $1 ticket fares;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users