Server running very slow !

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

It seems this problem is being ignored under the generic heading of "Rush Hour"

Because this is a very serious problem for those that having it, this should have it's own thread.

This server lag has basically resulted in me abandoning my #1 airline ( CP Air ) in S4.

It was fine for the first few days but as the airlines got bigger with more planes flying the problem became much worse.

I know I'm not the only one.......so does anyone else have a problem with very slow performance of Airline Empires ?

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

It seems this problem is being ignored under the generic heading of "Rush Hour"

Because this is a very serious problem for those that having it, this should have it's own thread.

This server lag has basically resulted in me abandoning my #1 airline ( CP Air ) in S4.

It was fine for the first few days but as the airlines got bigger with more planes flying the problem became much worse.

I know I'm not the only one.......so does anyone else have a problem with very slow performance of Airline Empires ?

Yes, I haven't played AE in a long time, and am noticing a lot of delay.

However I do feel you are over-exaggerating to say the least, it's hardly a "serious problem".

Stating that it's led to you abandoning your airline makes me think you have little patience and are expecting sympathy.

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Waiting 1-3 minutes for the new window to open which is most of the time, when I'm trying to do almost anything........change routes, aircraft, set up a new route for instance is hardly looking for sympathy.

It makes it nearly impossible to run a large airline.

And if I can't do that properly what's the point ?

I'm pretty competitive and if I don't have the #1 or #2 airline it's usually in the top 10........if I'm feeling any sympathy it's usually for the other players that try to compete on my routes.

I'm hoping Yuxi will be able to find out what's causing my lag problems

PC Will

PC Will

• 505 posts

Waiting 1-3 minutes for the new window to open which is most of the time, when I'm trying to do almost anything........change routes, aircraft, set up a new route for instance is hardly looking for sympathy.

It makes it nearly impossible to run a large airline.

And if I can't do that properly what's the point ?

I'm pretty competitive and if I don't have the #1 or #2 airline it's usually in the top 10........if I'm feeling any sympathy it's usually for the other players that try to compete on my routes.

I'm hoping Yuxi will be able to find out what's causing my lag problems

That was the tone I got from your first post.

FYI, the lag is not just affecting you. It's affecting me and probably many others.

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017

Custom built PC:

ASUS X99 Motherboard

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

It's that bad for you too ?

I can click to open a window for a new route and then literally go do something else for 2 or 3 minutes ( like make a coffee ) ......come back and my screen has almost finished loading.

PC Will

PC Will

• 505 posts

It's that bad for you too ?

I can click to open a window for a new route and then literally go do something else for 2 or 3 minutes ( like make a coffee ) ......come back and my screen has almost finished loading.

It's not quite 2-3 minutes, it's more like clicking on a route to change price and having to wait 1-2 minutes for it to load the route page.

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

Custom built PC:

ASUS X99 Motherboard

josh1780

josh1780

• 2 posts

I remember having pretty bad lag towards the end of S4 a couple weeks ago. It was mostly an issue when adding routes but it got to be very annoying. Since then I've started two airlines in S4 and R7 and haven't had any issues yet. I wonder if the size of your airline has anything to do with it. It wasn't until my airline had over 3,000 daily flights that it started to be a real issue and it seemed to continue until the world ended.

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Stop spamming and ordering thousands of planes and the server might run quicker...

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Some people keep talking about spam

I like spam.

Monty Python even made a song about spam. 

Spam spam spam spam .......spam spam spam spam,  spam spam spam spam

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

AE purrs like a kitten for me ^_^

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

TheGreatOP

TheGreatOP

TheGreatOP

• 193 posts
  • Skype Name:TheGreatOP

It's S4, which means it doesn't matter

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Damn......it's happening again only in S1 this time.

I was hoping that starting in a new world would make a difference and for the first couple days it did, I could open the windows for adding routes, makes changes etc. in a few seconds.

Tonight it's really slowing down again......30 seconds to over a minute to open a window.......and it's getting worse.

I get this airline to #1 in S1 and now here we go again.

I need your help Yuxi.

TheGreatOP

TheGreatOP

TheGreatOP

• 193 posts
  • Skype Name:TheGreatOP

Damn......it's happening again only in S1 this time.

I was hoping that starting in a new world would make a difference and for the first couple days it did, I could open the windows for adding routes, makes changes etc. in a few seconds.

Tonight it's really slowing down again......30 seconds to over a minute to open a window.......and it's getting worse.

I get this airline to #1 in S1 and now here we go again.

I need your help Yuxi.

That's basically what happens when you have more than 2000 aircraft and a not-that-fast internet in AE, though I can only speak for East Asia, and connection to AE here seems to be slower than the rest of the world, so I presume that having this problem could be only me.

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

I wouldn't know what your talking about.

I have a very fast desktop computer.....Intel i-7, 16gb ram, ss hard drive etc........ with a really nice 25 mbps high speed internet.......my setup is probably in the to 10% of everyone playing AE

And I'm not even up to 50 aircraft yet

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Don't worry, when S4 resets and your airline shutdown, everyone else won't have to suffer from the lag you have caused anymore.
But seriously, how many windows are you opening concurrently?

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts

Lots of accusations there iquit...........explain why your thinking this.

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      
Like Queen Stevphfeniey I cannot say that im waiting at all for any page to load on AE. Seems like New Zealand likes AE since my pages seem to load instantly, all the time, every time.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Iquit..........I open one window at a time.

And you think I'm causing the slow server performance.......I'm trying to work with Yuxi as to why I'm having this problem.

So seriously.......how about you get serious and be constructive instead of making false accusations.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

And you think I'm causing the slow server performance.......I'm trying to work with Yuxi as to why I'm having this problem.

So seriously.......how about you get serious and be constructive instead of making false accusations.

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY COMMUNIST MOUTH, YOU DEVIL WORSHIPING MEMBER OF ISIS!

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I don't want to hear about what you have to say about the server running slowly. AE for me is slow because I have s***ty internet...so you must have s***ty internet too...

Also, what's your problem with waiting half a minute. Have you got any patience at all? That's when I pick up my book and read a page.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users