I guess I'm dumb... but how does this work?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Guest_Harske_*

Guest_Harske_*
  • Guests
Fellow aviation enthusiasts...

Please go easy, I assure you I've done ample searching on this around the entire site tonight since joining. I see a million posts on how people's airlines are doing and about some bugs and issues and such, but I see nothing on here as to how to get started. I don't see any links to run a program or download anything. Is there a download I'm not seeing? I can't for the life of me figure out how this works.... someone please guide me on getting started! Thanks in advance...

John

Fez

Fez

• 8 posts
http://www.airlineem...et/newuser.html

Guest_Harske_*

Guest_Harske_*
  • Guests
Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, I get a series of errors when I try to fill out the info in the supplied link. Isn't there an easier way?

Fez

Fez

• 8 posts
This should help...

http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=1790

Guest_Harske_*

Guest_Harske_*
  • Guests
Fez...

Thanks for the input and help. I have tried various combinations based on your help and the content of the link provided, and nothing has worked. I've invested about 3 hours of my life into trying to get this to work, and need to know something before I continue beating my head against the wall. Is this game worth the headache? I have probably every other airline sim out there, and am just not satisfied. What I'm looking for is Railroad Tycoon with aircraft. Can you (or anyone) give me their opinion on this game, and how things work besides the trouble I'm having?

Thanks...

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts
Fill out the form completely in the link in reply #1. Make sure you have a valid e-mail address. Then, go check that e-mail address, you should have a validation link.

You mention error messages. Perhaps you could copy & paste the message here so that we can help you out? Also, when/where you are getting these messages, browser info, etc so we can troubleshoot.

The game is all text-based and on the web, no download required. There is no graphics/pictures/etc, this isn't a Railroad tycoon-style game. Also, all competitors are other people, and there is LOTS of competition, and its difficult to get going.

Is it worth it? Yes. Is it extremely addictive? Heck Yeah.

[Edited on 12/20/2005 by jetamerica]

Guest_flyter_*

Guest_flyter_*
  • Guests
no it isn t , espacially not if u start now.
competion doesn t allow u to earn money.

And even if u succeed the game doesn t make fun.
But hey u can get a workaholic,

It makes adddicted , but if u look sober to it, this is wasted time, even for a game

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
you don't like it, then leave. No need to trash talk the game on it's own forums.

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts

Originally posted by flyter
no it isn t , espacially not if u start now.
competion doesn t allow u to earn money.

And even if u succeed the game doesn t make fun.
But hey u can get a workaholic,

It makes adddicted , but if u look sober to it, this is wasted time, even for a game

Sorry, but if that is the case, why are you lurking in these forums?

Maybe we should start a new support group: "AEA: Airline Empires Annonymous"

Guest_flyter_*

Guest_flyter_*
  • Guests
i just said my opinion,

i appreciate that this is a free game created in the free time of miller.
but if hes alone with u non-critical addicted that will helps nobody.

And if a newcomer asks if that game worths his time all of u know that he won t have fun at this point of the game,
and eveb if make it the game will need a restart as soon as he got a competiable fleet.

I like the basic idea of the game, but it isn t about fun or even buissness simulation,
it is for the kick of some workaholics, i stopped to manage my airline cause of too much work, too much stupid work.

But if u don t ell him the truth, just be so kind to tell him about handling the unfair competion and the "bugs".
or just be so kind to explain who competion on a single route works.

i almost forgot to answer why i am here

i whatch what is the airline is making i once owned and i wait for the restart of the game, the funny periode when i will "work" as advisor

[Edited on 12/21/2005 by flyter]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users