• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

aoumd

aoumd

AE Player

• 94 posts

User's Awards

7    3    2    2    2   

Has there been any consideration of adding every passenger's favorite part of the cost of flying, BAGGAGE FEES, into the next version of AE?

Maybe a menu that allows you to select:

1) Fee for carry-ons in overhead bin, a field or drop down menu to select an amount, and a VERY HIGH degradation of reputation for every dollar the fee goes up from $0.  Maybe even a slight negative effect on passenger demand outright?  (Most US airlines don't charge for bin space, but Ultra-Low-Cost-Carriers like Spirit and Frontier do...and have reputations among the flying public accordingly in the real world).

2) Fee for first checked bag, a field or drop down menu to select an amount, and a moderate degradation of reputation for every dollar the fee goes up from $0.  Maybe a slight bump UP in reputation if the first checked bag fee is $0?

3) Fee for second (or more) checked bag(s), a field or drop down menu to select an amount, and a minimal degradation of reputation for every dollar the fee goes up from $0.

Income-wise, you'd assume a high percentage of passengers carry on bags so the rate of customers who would pay the fee would be high, then a moderate amount of customers who check one bag, then a small number of customers who check two or more bags.  There are probably figures out there about how many customers do each.

Any thoughts?

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

It's been suggested before, but I'm honestly unsure if it's happening. Once a few of the profit loops are closed in AE4 I see no reason it shouldn't exist. Not sure about the cabin baggage one...

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

This should exist. It will help ULCC runners like myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users