Photo

Dynamic Political Restrictions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Dynamic Political Restrictions (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this something you would like to see in game?

1. Yes (17 votes [68.00%])

Percentage of vote: 68.00%

2. No (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. Voted Unsure (6 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

I have a suggestion for future versions of AE that I believe should be implemented, if possible or not already in your plans.

Political restrictions in game worlds are based on around 2010 or so. I would like to see restrictions and other aspects of the game change based on the date in game. For example, I run an airline in Ukraine, and two of my hubs are at Donetsk and Simferopol. Earlier this year, Simferopol became part of Russia, and Donetsk Airport was destroyed. For this specific example, around the time this happens in game, I should lose those airports as destinations. (And if you plan to make aircraft more dynamic, I should lose some at each airport due to destruction of them/possibly seizure.)

As another example, airlines in the Soviet Union should be limited to the Soviet Union/allies, neutral countries, and Western airports that were allowed service to the Soviet Union until each Soviet republic's independence date. On that note, I think there should also be a restriction on aircraft types. For example, prior to independence (~1991), Soviet airlines should not be able to buy Western aircraft, and Western airlines should not be able to purchase Soviet/Russian aircraft to the same date (maybe longer, since to date the only Western airline operating a Russian aircraft is Mexico's Interjet. I'm not sure if there's a political reason for that or not, however.)

I could list multiple other valid and important historical examples here, and for that reason I think this is important enough to be considered for addition to AE 4. This would allow for more realism in the game and I believe would make the game a lot more interesting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Yes, political restrictions in AE 4 will be completely overhauled to take historical changes into account. :P

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Yes, political restrictions in AE 4 will be completely overhauled to take historical changes into account. :P

Alright, I had a feeling it was but I didn't see much on it, maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Thank you.

Does that also include aircraft, however?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Does that also include aircraft, however?

Are you talking about the use of Soviet aircraft by airlines in Western countries? That's being considered for later down the line. Were there actual political restrictions preventing that or was it something else like lack of certification or prohibitive maintenance costs?

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

Would these dynamic Political restrictions include perhaps countries ( Most of Africa)  banning SAA flying through them or coming into them through South Africa's Apartheid era? ( Those would then be certain countries that banns airlines based in SA that cant fly through/to them for a certain amount of time in AE ) (1948 - 8 June 1991)

Just curious as I would love to operate a airline in South Africa during those times when it will be so challenging.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Would these dynamic Political restrictions include perhaps countries ( Most of Africa) banning SAA flying through them or coming into them through South Africa's Apartheid era? ( Those would then be certain countries that banns airlines based in SA that cant fly through/to them for a certain amount of time in AE ) (1948 - 8 June 1991)
Just curious as I would love to operate a airline in South Africa during those times when it will be so challenging.

I assume we'd need very dynamic coding to shut off airspace, so however nice it may be it'll be rock to implement.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Are you talking about the use of Soviet aircraft by airlines in Western countries? That's being considered for later down the line. Were there actual political restrictions preventing that or was it something else like lack of certification or prohibitive maintenance costs?

I know for the UK at least Soviet aircraft are actually banned from the G- register though a few Soviet aircraft have been operated in the past by British companies by using the EI- register so a fair bit of research may be required for that to be implemented wisely. 

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

I'll need to do research on Western airlines operating Soviet aircraft, but due to the political relations at the time, however, it's likely the US Government would block such an order even if it wasn't outlawed to begin with.

However, on the reverse, (Soviet airlines owning Western planes), there was a ban on it until 1988.

This article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interflug) explains a little more about that. Under "Late 1980s and German reunification".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts

Don't forget Mongolia, Yugoslavia and China.

zahrul3

zahrul3

AE Player

• 36 posts

Are wars included?

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

Civil Wars like or terrorism wars with like ISIS type organizations ? like in Syria at the moment or Ukraine etc?

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

I am fine with this, but destroyed planes... The game needs to send you a message about the plane might get destroyed if you continue flying there. If the planes are seized then the ability to pay for them to get them back?

i-air (R7)

i-air/i-air connection (S2)

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Crashes. Are. Off. The. Table. GC Map does not have waypoints to fly via AFAIK, thus making it impossible.

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

I'll need to do research on Western airlines operating Soviet aircraft, but due to the political relations at the time, however, it's likely the US Government would block such an order even if it wasn't outlawed to begin with.

However, on the reverse, (Soviet airlines owning Western planes), there was a ban on it until 1988.

This article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interflug) explains a little more about that. Under "Late 1980s and German reunification".

Indeed. Vietnam was embargoed from having American exports until 1994, I believe. Iran still has embargoes on it I think; so if anything, it should only be reasonable that an Iranian carrier can take planes on the used (which Iran Air has done to varying success).

noelair%20banner.png

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Iran is barred from using aircraft previously used by an American airline and made with more than 10% American parts.

As a result the majority of their aircraft are Airbuses and older refitted Boeings, but Tu-204s are gradually replacing the fleet.

And I think plane losses should be an aspect of this game, it happens in the real world. It should be randomized and uncommon, but can increase with airlines who overuse their planes, use very old planes, or on account of historical events. Wasn't that something that is planned to be added, as well?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Crashes. Are. Off. The. Table..

They were never on the table either.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Iran is barred from using aircraft previously used by an American airline and made with more than 10% American parts.

As a result the majority of their aircraft are Airbuses and older refitted Boeings, but Tu-204s are gradually replacing the fleet.

And I think plane losses should be an aspect of this game, it happens in the real world. It should be randomized and uncommon, but can increase with airlines who overuse their planes, use very old planes, or on account of historical events. Wasn't that something that is planned to be added, as well?

Sort of, but fractionally very small. When you factor in plane crashes from major airlines (lets say airlines with more than 10 planes)... It's rather marginal and insignificant.

duboka909

duboka909

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

general air, a west german airline used 4 yak-40s. in spiegel article says, that general air was the only western airline, which unsed a soviet aircraft...
http://www.spiegel.d...d-41406424.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users