Photo

Skytrax-like organization in AE

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Skytrax-like organization in AE (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea

1. Voted Yes (24 votes [64.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.86%

2. Voted No (13 votes [35.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.14%

How many people would you wan't in the board in a normal world of 300 airlines

1. 30 (8 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. 60 (1 votes [2.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

3. Voted 15 (11 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Voted Everyone (10 votes [22.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

5. Voted Other (14 votes [31.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Do you think the system could be adjusted

1. Voted No (24 votes [63.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. Voted Yes(please explain) (14 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Do you think this would help make AE better.

1. Voted Yes (17 votes [45.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.95%

2. Voted No (18 votes [48.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

3. Maybe. I have doubts(please explain)) (2 votes [5.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

I've noted that AE lacks a system to rate your airline. The reputation bar isn't detailed enough, and only yourself can view it. So I was thinking that a system should be added to AE where players can come into a world who already own an airline there. However, if their ratings are biased(giving their spamline a rating of 5 star for instance), they get kicked out immediately. Plus, airlines will be rated on the following. Their total stats will be divided and rounded at the boards discretion:

Financial health= rating/10

Route network and diversity=rating/10

Aircraft age= rating/5

On board food pricing vs quality=rating/15

On time performance and utilization=rating/10

The result of the adding up will be divided by 10 to get a rating out of 5, which will be the "skytrax" rating.

However, the rating for individual stats can be decimals, but the star rating must be a round number. Only 10% of the world's airlines can join.

For example, this is my judgement of my airline(http://ae31.airline-...3r6&player=1915)

Financial health=4/10

Route network and diversity=3/10

Aircraft age=3/5

On board food pricing vs quality= 8/15( I have a very expensive 2 star IFS with 5 star food and snacks)

On time performance and utilization=7/10

So, according to me, the total rating of my airline is 25/50. At the discretion of other members, the result would be rounded to either 3 star or 2 star rating. However, the norm would be for this:

0<r>12: 1 star skytrax rating

13<r>24: 2 star skytrax rating

25<r>34: 3 star skytrax rating

35<r>44: 4 star skytrax rating

45<r:5 star skytrax rating

Airlines must apply for a skytrax rating assesment, and will be judged accordingly. The norm above will almost always be followed, however, exceptions may be offered depending on how close to a certain rating you are. This means you could be moved down or up in certain zones.

I hope you understand what this post is saying, and apologies for such a long post.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

No.

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Why? Care to elaborate.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Oh I can't even think where to begin on why this idea would not work. 

But to keep it short, lots of people crying over 1* airlines. 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

It would be funny when airlines with 1* is the biggest one in the world.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Yep. You don't get assesed automatically, you apply for an airline assesment. Hence, the spamlines would be stupid to apply for an assessment.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Besides, if you can give me 30 reasons why this would not work(30 different reasons), then I will take your point. But I doubt you can produce that many. If you do, you receive $1,000,000,000,000. 

Actually, you don't, cos I don't have the money.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

1. People are arbitrary

2. People can be bought

3. People are biased

4. People are stupid

5. What defines a good airline? (see number 1)

6. Why are we even allowing people to manage this? (see number 2 and 3)

7. Since people are obviously incapable of handling this task, why are we wasting resources on something as superficial as airline ranking.

8. We already have airline ranking (see number 7)

9. Server space that could otherwise be used to improve actual game functionality would be wasted on this program that would rank airlines off of some arbitrary scale.

10. Who would code this system?

11. The answer to number 10 is, presumably, Yuxi, who already has to split time between AE development and making money to not starve. Are we going to compensate him for developing and implementing our every whim? I didn't think so.

12. Who would test this system?

13. When would this system be implemented?

14. Current polling (as of 10/29/14) shows that a majority of users don't this this would improve AE (granted, this could be nullified with numbers 1 through 4).

15. It's universally recognized that Skytrax is a joke (related to number 2)

16. Why would we want a joke organization that nobody really takes seriously simulated in AE?

17. AE already has a trophy system for members that fall under criteria (I'd actually rather modify this system than implement a new one)

18. See: TNT and Will101's posts. Obviously the community is not mature enough to handle this sort of thing. You can already see it in the press release and gallery sections of the website. People will rate things one star for lols.

19. Why only include 10% of airlines? 

20. Who would decide which airlines would fall under that 10%?

21. Presuming that we use people to do the rating (a board like you mention), how would we ensure that they are independent (see numbers 1 through 4)?

22. Who would be elected or appointed to this board and again, how can we ensure that they have no vested interest in any of the airlines up for rating (positive, negative or otherwise)?

23. Number 22 could present several options for maintaining the independent standard these boards should live up to, each however present their own problems (I can go into this more if requested).

24. I mentioned in number 17 that we already have a system for rating and rewarding players which already uses quantifyable in-game data, I want you to give me reasons why this isn't good enough (granted I don't think it's good either, but I feel like that discussion would be more productive than this one).

25. Honestly I'm running low on reasons, but there are 5 more out there. And that brings up another issue. By having somebody come up with 30 reasons, it's obvious yr a reactionary. Reactionaries typically aren't good for the progress of any organization.

26. To sum up several points made above, why should we waste time on something as arbitrary and ultimately pointless as this?

27. AE4 is already way behind schedule (I've been told 'it'll be released sometime next year' every year for the past 4 years).

28. As I understand it, AE4's scope is already more or less fleshed out, it's just actual coding that has to take place.

29. There will be no more development (barring bugfixes) in AE3.1, the current version of the game.

30. You wasted my goddamned time, which is more reason to vote no on this. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Due to the different playing styles, any subjective rating done by human players will be a source of constant arguments about bias. Officially sanctioning a board for this is just asking for trouble...

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

I did mention that people who rate on rational biased views will be automatically removed from the board. Also, only 10% because if everyone became a board member, then they would have an airline in that world. On the other hand, if people not in the world did it instead, and this was applied, then people wouldn't go and give their spamline 5 star, or a FSC carrier 1 star. Just remember, in real life, there is only 1 1 star carrier(Air Koryo)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Face it, it's a bad idea.

And I want my ****ing money, punk :hmmph:

The Best Discord Server

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

You never placed the money. I said, I don't have a trillion dollars. Besides, I think it's time to let the poll continue, and Yuxi will lock the topic if it needs so be.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I did mention that people who rate on rational biased views will be automatically removed from the board.

How do you determine what is a "biased review"?

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Giving a spamline a 5 star is clearly biased, it should be one of the first things that is checked, if the system is implemented.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Giving a spamline a 5 star is clearly biased, it should be one of the first things that is checked, if the system is implemented.

How do you determine what qualifies as a "spamline"? It's a word invented by a group of players who happen to like one particular playing style.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

See point number one I made.

The Best Discord Server

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

What is a spamline. An airline that is unrealistic in every way, but not as unrealistic as a docline, which I am sure you know.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

What is a spamline. An airline that is unrealistic in every way, but not as unrealistic as a docline, which I am sure you know.

Not every way, but many ways. I could have a 5* IFS, fly to nice airports and pay my workers too much, but if I base Russian jets into Gatwick with a 20 hour until, I am a spamline.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Hmm....

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      
Spamlines is Airlines that is owned by people who are hated by Trolls in this website.
No matter how good your airline is, it would still be spamlines because those people just don't care about other people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users