Photo

My guide to AE

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

To operate a successful airline in AE, just follow this guide, and your airline should be fine.

First tips

1. To get an idea of how to operate well, take a look at some good airlines in your country.Easyjet and Thomson are a couple of many good examples. However, please note that around 95% of passengers decude based on price in AE, not the quality of the airline, although this does have an effect on your pricing,

First step.

Go into the IFS bar. Just note that the headers when you enter are clickable.

Attached File  a good ifs.docx   173.5KB   59 downloads 

2. Create an IFS similar to the one shown above. It is your choice whether you wan't average quality free snacks or paid high quality snacks, but the free option will be slightly detrimental to profitability.

3. Create a route through the route research. Look at the picture below.

Attached File  spam ifs.docx   186.71KB   34 downloads

Later on, when your airline has the money(you start with $7 million), you may wan't to order additional aircraft, or look on the used market. The used market has older aircraft, but at this stage, you don't have the capital for owned 787-10 aircraft. 

Make sure every route has enough demand to feed the aircraft you are using. The route above, for instance, isn't going to feed an A380. But make sure the aircraft can take off from BOTH airports. If you stick to this, your airline will become successful very quickly. However, you may wan't to cut the payroll and reduce reserves at the start, as payroll is one of the things many startup carriers struggle to cover, my recommendation is to reduce all reserves to 10% and to reduce pay rates to just below industry average. 

4. Select the right aircraft. While spelunking the used market, don't buy every aircraft you see, click on the type link(the model), to see some statistics of the aircraft. To figure out whether an aircraft is efficient enough, use the formula fuel flow divided by passengers, then divide the speed of the aircraft by the result. A result of above 6 suggests a highly efficient aircraft if the aircraft is a jet, however, turboprops are usually much more efficient than this. 

Falcon444

Falcon444

The World Serpent™

• 185 posts

I belive there are guides and tutorials for this...

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

What if I don't want to run my airline like that?

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

Then its quality 

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

Very interesting...a few spots missing, though.

QITdCef.png

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Very interesting...a few spots missing, though.

Such as.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Well then, go make an airline with scam ifs and get yourself first place. I can see you have no awards, well, neither do I.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well then, go make an airline with scam ifs and get yourself first place. I can see you have no awards, well, neither do I.

He's alluding to koala-ty airlines.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

koala-ty airlines.

What on earth are those. Besides, this guide was meant to help new players, not attract criticism like this.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

The link labelled spam ifs is not showing spam ifs, it shows the route research page.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Koala-ty = Quality.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Koala-ty = Quality.

Can you please leave this guide alone. It is meant to help new players, not be spat on by existing players, HAKE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users