Photo

Tips for newbies and/or veterans

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

As you know efficient airplanes are a must have. There is a formula to calculate how efficient a plane is. On the aircraft information screen divide the fuel flow of the current engines you have/want to use by the number of TOTAL seats in any configuration. The lower the number the better. Not many people know that the Hawker Siddeley Trident 3B is more efficient then a 737-200 Adv., 727-200 Adv etc., etc.. This is towards people who do not know how or want to know the efficiency of an airplane. STAY AWAY FROM 707'S AND DC-8'S!!!!! THEY ARE ONE OF THE MOST INEFFICIENT PLANES IN THE GAME!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

cdavis188

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts
Veterans are retired moderator or data collectors anyway so they are experts.

Dawn│Dusk Inactive Member │ World Alliance Executive Member

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Tower777

Tower777

AE Player

• 29 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

I use that other formula: speed * seats / fuel flow. The objective it's the same that cdavis188 told us above: get efficient planes.

CourtingPsych0

CourtingPsych0

Ryan Air - Ceo

• 87 posts

i use seats, range and fuel flow for how i pick my aircraft 

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

For the OP, if you don't factor speed, you're missing something pretty substantial.

A plane with a ff/pax of 100 and a top speed of 500mph is much more efficient than a plane with a ff/pax of 90 and a top speed of 400mph.  

Berubium.png

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

Even inefficient planes can be profitable when flying routes without competition. Some of the early long haul jets have very high fuel consumption, but if they fly a distance others cannot then they still turn a good profit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users