Photo

I'm developing an airline management game

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Hi! I am a huge airline management game fan from Norway. A while ago i started developing my own game. It's pretty unlike online slow-played games like this one; mine is more dynamic, and everything happens without any pauses. I guess you could call it an arcade airline management game :)

So, why am I here? Mainly because I'd like input on my game. Ideas. What would you like to see in such a game? The game is based on a world map, with lines symbolizing your routes, and actual plane sprites moving across the map. Of course in a much higher tempo than what would be realistic.

I'll maybe provide you with some screenshots soon, if you are interested :)

I'm really enjoying the development.

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

Hi! I am a huge airline management game fan from Norway. A while ago i started developing my own game. It's pretty unlike online slow-played games like this one; mine is more dynamic, and everything happens without any pauses. I guess you could call it an arcade airline management game :)

So, why am I here? Mainly because I'd like input on my game. Ideas. What would you like to see in such a game? The game is based on a world map, with lines symbolizing your routes, and actual plane sprites moving across the map. Of course in a much higher tempo than what would be realistic.

I'll maybe provide you with some screenshots soon, if you are interested :)

I'm really enjoying the development.

I dont think you are allowed to advertise other games here but it sounds fun, can i have some screen shots please?

i-air (R7)

i-air/i-air connection (S2)

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

I dont think you are allowed to advertise other games here but it sounds fun, can i have some screen shots please?

Oh, I really wasn't aware of that. I read a post where different users discussed their favorite airline manager game, so I thought this was appropriate. 

I'd love to share screen shots, however, I'll close the post if it turns out that I'm doing something illegal according to the forum rules.

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Sorry for multiposting. I'll upload some screenshots..

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

:)

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

i would assume that your game is not completed yet as it is seriously lacking in cities, but a few questions, are you going to be putting real planes or imaginary planes? I see 2014 in the date, so when does the game start?

i-air (R7)

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

i would assume that your game is not completed yet as it is seriously lacking in cities, but a few questions, are you going to be putting real planes or imaginary planes? I see 2014 in the date, so when does the game start?

It's not really completed, no, but I wasn't planning on adding even more cities. If so, I would probably have to add another level of airports, so the map wouldn't get too crowded with airports. (Right now, only the biggest countries with airports are shown when zoomed out, and the smaller ones will appear once you zoom in). I could then possibly add another level, with even smaller airports.

And to be honest, I was only planning on adding maximum one airport for each country.

What do you mean by real planes or imaginary planes?

The game starts at the current date (17.09.2014 right now) :)

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

This looks very interesting..I assume its a offline game?!

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts

This kind of reminds me of Plague Inc. but with airlines. Cool :D

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I dont think you are allowed to advertise other games here

Players are welcome to share their own projects in the Member Projects forum, so I'll go ahead and move this. :)

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

It's not really completed, no, but I wasn't planning on adding even more cities. If so, I would probably have to add another level of airports, so the map wouldn't get too crowded with airports. (Right now, only the biggest countries with airports are shown when zoomed out, and the smaller ones will appear once you zoom in). I could then possibly add another level, with even smaller airports.

And to be honest, I was only planning on adding maximum one airport for each country.

What do you mean by real planes or imaginary planes?

The game starts at the current date (17.09.2014 right now) :)

Oh ok, i was hoping for historical planes, and when i mean real planes or imaginary planes i menat that will you be using A320's or something that is completely made up

i-air (R7)

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

sorry kind of messed up the quotes...

i-air (R7)

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Players are welcome to share their own projects in the Member Projects forum, so I'll go ahead and move this. :)

Thank you very much!

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

This looks very interesting..I assume its a offline game?!

Yes, it is. I've thought about making it a multiplayer game, with competing airlines and stuff, but that's not a priority now.

This kind of reminds me of Plague Inc. but with airlines. Cool :D

Yes, it is kindoff inspired by it :)

Oh ok, i was hoping for historical planes, and when i mean real planes or imaginary planes i menat that will you be using A320's or something that is completely made up

Oh! So far, I haven't though about different types and models of airplanes. You are able to upgrade the speed and the passenger capacity of your planes, though.

____

If someone wants to join me in the development, and provide ideas and feedback, I'll gladly welcome you. You'll of course be able to try the game in its current state then :)

__

I can also tell that the income of a commercial flight is calculated with a very complex formula, based on variables from each country on the map such as GDP, population and tourist popularity. I'd like to have some help improving this.

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

I will volunteer as tribute :D

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

+1

nWcLJH0.png

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

I'll gladly check it out :)

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Change the font ;)

ADWAM.png

EivMeyer

EivMeyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Change the font ;)

Yeah, I'll consider that ;) Haven't thought too much about the design yet.

btw. 

Newest addition:

Countries that get mad at you (for some reason, for example because you transported terrorists to their contry or so), may now scramble jet fighters to try and eliminate your planes. You'll have the ability to put up anti air guns on land whereever you'd like with your player.

So now it's more of a airline sim slash tower defence game :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users