Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

... apparently for quite some time now!

Very strange!

I only discovered this after finally owning all my aircraft - then checked the qaircraft leases section under Finance.

I am apparently paying monthly leases for 10 aircraft which I do not operate or own. 

Which begs the question - for the aircraft in question, is the actual owner paying the leases also?  Or is he or she getting a free ride? LOL

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   
AE glitch.

QITdCef.png

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Don't believe that this is merely a glitch - I qould be willing to bet that if all players were to buy the aircraft they are leasing, a lot of players would discover that there are planes they do not operate but are paying leases on - I actually checked this by going to three different game worlds (O2, Ralpha, and S-3b) and buying out all my leases - in all three of them i found a few aircraft that I quote - do not operate - unquote, but in the finance section showing aircraft leases i am showing that there are a few planes that I am paying leases on, but cannot buy or terminate leases on - in other words, i am not the owner!  So how is it that I am stuck with lease payments on aircraft i do not own? 

The only way to discover this is to attempt to buy out all your aircraft.

Thus I am pretty sure this is a lurking bug which has been present for some time, but since the majority of players never buy their aircraft, means that they have not been aware of it.

But it may be the case that there are several players who, like me, are actually paying leases for planes they do not currently own.

Thus I hope to gain yuxi's attention to check into this.

If I had to guess the source of this error, I think that in the course of trying to lease used aircraft, when several players are trying to obtain the aircraft at the same time, the code is unable to track parallel activities and correctly assign ownership.

Thus the code may actually assign ownership to one player and actually charge the lease payments to another player.

This would unfortunately, be a spectatularily difficult bug to fix, so I hope I am wrong, but I have that awful feeling ...

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I've been looking through my owned aircraft airlines, almost all of them, and I have issues on none of them. 2 suggestions:
- Check your Income Statement. Are you being charged on that for leases?
- Go to 'Gates', click Resync Slots. Might help, as this reboots the system.

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

You're paying your leases in peas now.... ? My my you're lucky, if only every airline had this opportunity.

Also, your username somewhat concerns me... :/

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

I guess hayhaa's third account wasn't as stealthy as he thought.

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

I guess hayhaa's third account wasn't as stealthy as he thought.

Funnily enough, as soon as I saw the username, I thought the exact same thing... as I'm sure several others did.....

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

@thatcomputerguy aka will: peas, eh?  lol - Well, sure, a couple million dollars in monthly leases as compared to 98 billion in cash and climbing - I suppose I AM paying in peas!

At any rate I only brought up the topic because I figured that I can't be the only one to experience this problem - after all, I am hardly - *cough* - anyone special.

@fabulousirish:  I presume that - like me - you at some point buy up all your aircraft leases?

But do you also buy and/or lease used aircraft frequently as they become available? or do you mostly buy or lease new aircraft mostly?  As I stated in the 3rd post, I suspect that the source of the problem is likely to stem from the fact that several aircraft on the used market tend to be grabbed at the same time, and since most software was not designed to be parallel agnostic, that there may lie the source of the bug.

Which is why I hope Yuxi sees this thread so he can investigate what might be a lurking bug.

Should this indeed the nature of the bug as i suspect it is, then it is very likely that there will exist a number of players who unsuspectingly end up paying leases for aircraft that went to another player, and yet they may never discover it - should those players never buy up their aircraft leases.  After all, the only sure way to find out is to buy up all your existing planes and then subsequently discover in the aircraft leases tab under finance that you are still paying leases.

Obviously not all players will find this to be the case, but some players will.

Also. Resync slots does not clear up the problem for me.   And even if it did, how then would I ever get back all that money paid out over all those (game) years!? <grin>

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

I most probably have seen something like this before, but can't be bothered to highlight it since there are many more severe problems with AE.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Aye, iquit, I read ye meanin' verra well <grin>

While not that serious, it is a little annoying to be a'payin' for that which is not of yorn. lol

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Logging in a few minutes ago into O2, it appears that one of the phantom leases is ready to expire!

OH WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO!

On the one hand, I shant like it very much to lose one of my precious aircraft!

Oh, but wait!  I do "not operate" said aircraft, and thus have no reason to care should said lease actually expire!

BUT! How horrible that the unsuspecting registered owner - who presumably has gainfully employed said aircraft - should face the imminent prospect of losing the aircraft suddenly without warning - and with zero chance of lease renewal his- or her-ownself.

So to wit - I receive the notice that the lease is set to imminently expire, and the actual owner remains blissfully unaware that the plane will disappear from his or her coffers without warning, should I fail to renew the lease LOL

Perhaps if the actual owner were to respond to this post, and beg me to renew the plane upon that person's behalf?

My next post I will state the aircraft id and which aircraft it is - mayhaps the actual owner could kindl regester a claim? (Holding my breath)

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      
19798 Viscount 810 11 years 3/21/1965 3/21/1975

$83,164

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

In R-Delta I did have an issue. Can't remember whether the aircraft was new or used, but I bought it and when I was retiring the plane, the system told me I did not operate it. Looked at the operator, they didn't have ATRs in their fleet. Went to the Issue Tracker. Nothing I could do. In the end I scrapped the plane, losing $5 million probably in the process, which is quite high when you've just set up. And I tend to buy up most planes 10 years or so into a world.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

@fABULOUSLYiRISH:  You were able to scrap a plane that didnt belong to you (how positively evil! lol)

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

@fABULOUSLYiRISH: You were able to scrap a plane that didnt belong to you (how positively evil! lol)

It did belong to me. I was paying for staff, base cost and more. I couldn't sustain that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users