Photo

Design your aircraft

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Aircraft (132 member(s) have cast votes)

How many engines? (Select one)

1. Voted Twin Engine (79 votes [59.85%])

Percentage of vote: 59.85%

2. Tri-jet (23 votes [17.42%])

Percentage of vote: 17.42%

3. Voted Four Engine (30 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Type of engine? (Select one)

1. Voted Turbofan (62 votes [46.97%])

Percentage of vote: 46.97%

2. Propeller (13 votes [9.85%])

Percentage of vote: 9.85%

3. Turbojet (57 votes [43.18%])

Percentage of vote: 43.18%

Engine manufacture?

1. Voted GE (CFM , GEnx) (50 votes [31.06%])

Percentage of vote: 31.06%

2. Voted Rolls Royce (85 votes [52.80%])

Percentage of vote: 52.80%

3. Voted Pratt & Whitney (26 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

Type of body? How many seats (Select 2)

1. Widebody (51 votes [23.61%])

Percentage of vote: 23.61%

2. Voted Narrowbody (22 votes [10.19%])

Percentage of vote: 10.19%

3. Voted 50-100 (Regional) (17 votes [7.87%])

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

4. 100-200 (Medium) (17 votes [7.87%])

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

5. 200-300 (Medium- Long) (30 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

6. Voted 300-450 (Long) (38 votes [17.59%])

Percentage of vote: 17.59%

7. 450-600 (Jumbo) (16 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

8. 600-900 (Superjumbo) (25 votes [11.57%])

Percentage of vote: 11.57%

Type of wings? (Select One)

1. Voted Raked (46 votes [34.85%])

Percentage of vote: 34.85%

2. Sharklets (47 votes [35.61%])

Percentage of vote: 35.61%

3. Airbus old wingtips (A320) (3 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

4. Voted Widebody winglets (747, MD11) (36 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

greboat

greboat

AE's African Member

• 40 posts
If you were to be able to design a aircraft what would it be like? You can include more options than the poll like range, type of material, fly-by-wire..etc. Also what would it be called and for which manufacturer or would you own your own company. What time period would you want it to be in and which customers (ex.United, Easyjet, Emirates). Leave your ideas in the comments!

10pu5om.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I would develop a 19 seat boxy turboprop for regional cargo and passenger flights as well as marine protection. A fuel efficient and cheap prop. Another plane would be a 36 seat STOL aircraft, in the market for replacing SF-340s and Dash 8-100s and -200s.

greboat

greboat

AE's African Member

• 40 posts
Good idea! I would have a true replacement for the 757. A 249 seat twin engine with a choice of next gen engines from GE and Rolls Royce. It would also include the winglets on the 737 MAX and have a range of 3,700 nmi

10pu5om.jpg

american123

american123

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts
How about a triple decker plane. It would probably have six engines and have like 750 seats. I know. I'm crazy.

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

How about a triple decker plane. It would probably have six engines and have like 750 seats. I know. I'm crazy.

But how is that any different from when boeing anounced that the 747 would be partialy dubble decked, everyone thought that they were crazy, but look at it now, airbus has built an even bigger truly dubble deker plane.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

They should make 8 breast short-haul aircraft that accommodate around 200 people (in 1 single class)

Just like A310 but shorter.

.Julicos.

.Julicos.

Concorde Fanatic

• 15 posts

I would make an supersonic aircraft similar to Concorde but with much more large capacity 300 passengers aprox. and engines a bit slower than Concorde on 1.5 Mach and also much more focus on efficiency, special electronical systems that will control the fuel flow very carefully.Also use of newer and stronger alloys to incereance the operational life of the engines (Concorde's engines had very small operational life incereasing maintenance).The engine will be controled by computer systems that will make every possible to reduce sonic boom and also the design of the exaust nozzle and placement of engine will reduce it.Also they would be 4 sets of landing gears behind with big double wheels so the most airports can withstand it ,that will make the braking safier and better.

Xo6QpHW.png

The design is very rudimentary i maked it on some mins.

Sory for my english they arent my native language.

.Julicos.

.Julicos.

Concorde Fanatic

• 15 posts

The future on airliners are speed and fuel efficiency.I am sure that we will not see bigger airplanes than A380.

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

The future on airliners are speed and fuel efficiency.I am sure that we will not see bigger airplanes than A380.

I have recently been working on designing a supersonic flying hotel that would have two or three decks and would have 500Y/91C/20F. And would have different rooms in the interior. It would be 2500 mph. And would have lots of range. Tourists would get on the plane, sleepover a day and then land somewhere touristic and explore there. Shortly like a cruise.

Dawn│Dusk Inactive Member │ World Alliance Executive Member

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

it is imposable to reduce the sonic boom, if you are passing the sound barier you will always get a build up of sound waves as you accellerate towards mack 1, the volume of this barrier is not effected by the speed of accelleration, or how much nois the plane is producing, butmainly by the airpressure around the plane, the lowwer the quieter.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

This plane would have problem flying over mainland Europe because of the sound restrictions, just like concorde does, the only possibility is to reduce the speed to Mach 0.98 - 0.99 before they reach the speed of sound

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

This plane would have problem flying over mainland Europe because of the sound restrictions, just like concorde does, the only possibility is to reduce the speed to Mach 0.98 - 0.99 before they reach the speed of sound

Concorde used to fly just below speed of sound across Britain, deliberately flying around Ireland so they wouldn't break windows etc. while fly over the speed of sound. Then it flew around Canada and I forget how it landed in JFK. As you say though, only BA, AF, KLM or Iberia could realistically fly one, just to the US. Then again, it could fly Cairo - Lagos over the Sahel or something...

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

restrictions... this is not a prevention for my project!! :rant:

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

.Julicos.

.Julicos.

Concorde Fanatic

• 15 posts

We can reduce sonic boom if we incereance altitude level that the airplane will supercruise higher than 58,000 ft of Concorde.Also we can make flights ex. England-Australia or France-China (East China) the nations that will most flight will be are undeveloped and it could pass from imalayas that are inhabited.Also if the pacific flight restrictions of Concorde can unsurped we can make USA-(China ,Australia ,Japan) flights without stops on Hawai.Also England-South Afrika are possible most african nations are undeveloped to be affected by sonic boom.Fuel efficiency is a very big concern.

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

i think you may be slightly miss understanding what the sonic boom is, you only incouter is in the plane, and within 1km of the plane, and only when you pass throught mack 1

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

i think you may be slightly miss understanding what the sonic boom is, you only incouter is in the plane, and within 1km of the plane, and only when you pass throught mack 1

mach not mack and who cares if windows break and people get stabbed by the glass :whistling: .

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

mach not mack and who cares if windows break and people get stabbed by the glass :whistling: .

Well you would, when your plane got grounded  :sulk:

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

Well you would, when your plane got grounded  :sulk:

well we can fly in space where nothing will happen to the plane.(The planes engines will not work and the passengers will die of pressure.)

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

well we can fly in space where nothing will happen to the plane.(The planes engines will not work and the passengers will die of pressure.)

yeah i still don't understand this project though

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I see that none of you are engineers.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users