R1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

StockMaster

StockMaster

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

Hi all,

Pretty new to the game, but do have long experience playing other airline simulations.

Just wanted to ask two questions about alliances:

1. If I am running two airlines on one server, are the allowed to join the same alliance or do they have to be completely seperated? (I know at least one online game has this rule)

2. What does it take to get an alliance forum? How do we best go about it?

Thank you all for your help

StockMaster

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Most of the forum alliances survive by having members with more than one airline in an alliance. There isn't a set qualification for getting an alliance forum other than "prove it won't die in a few weeks". 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

1. If I am running two airlines on one server, are the allowed to join the same alliance or do they have to be completely seperated? (I know at least one online game has this rule)

They can be in the same alliance, but they can't have a significant number of overlapping routes.

2. What does it take to get an alliance forum? How do we best go about it?

You must have at least 5 players in the alliance. To request an alliance forum, send me a PM with the alliance name and any subforums you want within the alliance forum (including any passwords you want to impose on member-only subforums).

StockMaster

StockMaster

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
Thank you both for the helpful responses.

Yuxi, I will pass on the information to the alliance founder and get him to contact you.

also, thanks for providing us with such a great game! :)

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

They can be in the same alliance, but they can't have a significant number of overlapping routes.

How literal is this statement intended to be? I can't vouch for same-member airlines operating within an alliance, but a fair majority of in-game alliances I run into compete on a large number of routes. If it's best business practices, it makes more sense. :P

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

How literal is this statement intended to be? I can't vouch for same-member airlines operating within an alliance, but a fair majority of in-game alliances I run into compete on a large number of routes. If it's best business practices, it makes more sense. :P

don't use it to bully people off of routes. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users