Photo

whats the best start?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Justme70

Justme70

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
I have started an airline in different worlds with different aircrafts(small and large), different distances (short and long),aircrafts of the same family, but also of different families. Did all time the beginners guide. But how much profit I make/made, how I am in the green.. maintenance costs remain a problem..everytime,and other costs. One aircraft low costs,but also low profit...more aircrafts more profit,but more cost. So it stay always the same problem...you can't make big money without cheating i guess. Everyone say use the start guide or tell about starting a airline,but the beginners guide is far out of date...its basic..only handy for the first game month,but then the costs come(never read what you most do then!)..guide not make you rich! There isn't a good answer in the forum about what to do after you have the airline a few months. Sorry about the lot of questions,but every new player use the wiki-guide,make money first one or two months and then suddenly see the money decreasing.

What is the best world? What is the best aircraft(s) to start with? What is the best content to play? The best route/range...short or long? And is a starting fleet from one plane family really the best way?

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

Most of your airlines have multiple types of plane and will hence be crippled by maintenance costs.

Your airline in world O1 looks the strongest - try getting another 737-300/-400/-500

If you want, give me Shared Control to the airline in 01:
Then I can log in and see if I can give any advice
I won't make any changes without your agreement.

Justme70

Justme70

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
Thanks..i do.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

At the beginning, I would suggest leasing ATRs or Dash 8s. Fly short routes and you'll build up a good amount of money in no time. Then increase size of planes to whatever size you wish (while keeping $50M to fall back on.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Don't start at a major airport. You can make just as much money, at the start if a game, flying For example, from London Stanstead as Heathrow?

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

Taking a look, your airline is healthier than I originally expected.

* I have only looked around, not made any changes.
 * The tips below are not intended to be the absolutely most profitable approach, but will help your airline become more profitable than it is
 * I know anyone can read these, but there is nothing special or secret below; by all means pick different routes if you prefer.

Costs:
 * You can cut salaries to slightly below the Industry Average figures without costing too much in staff turnover (look under Airline Options, Human Resources tab). Technically you could pay everyone $7, but that's a bit of a cheat.
 * Also reduce the Reserves percentages to say 5% for everyone. The staff numbers will gradually be reduced, without any need to use the Downsize button.
 * The single ATR-72 is a bit expensive to have just 1 of in terms of maintenance costs. Given you now have it, there's not enough cash to easily get rid of it.
 * Extend all leases up to 10 years. This will save $50-70k per plane per month.

Routes:
 * These generally look ok
 * If you want to fiddle prices away from the defaults, some routes like AMS-MXP could have much higher prices given the low supply of seats relative to demand.
 * This is not essential

Options for new planes:
 * One 737-400 is already coming; make sure it gets flying as soon as you can manage after delivery (8 hours from now)
 * Routes are free from VIE onwards to lots of places 700-1200 miles distant with gate costs around $120k; these should be nicely profitable

* Certainly take out a single $5m bond (taking 2 is an option, but for now just try 1)
 * Only new planes are available in this game world, as the world has only just started

* Option 1 is to lease another 737-400 for about $3.3m on a 10 year lease
 * Perhaps put this onto route VIE-AMS, then move the ATR to routes from VIE to smaller airports (that have no current airline flying those routes)

* Option 2 is to lease another two ATR72-200 for about $1.1m each (again on 10 year leases)
 * Then again look for more routes from VIE to medium size or small airports

Justme70

Justme70

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
Thanks all again. And Mobeer thanks to look in my airline,i work on it! I'm learning little by little more and the information is more than welcome.

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

one pice of advice i can give is to join a small world whenever a new one starts, they are slightly easyer for new players like us

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

If you have been here for less than 90 days I recommend joining the Sandbox world 

Justme70

Justme70

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
I try different worlds and sandbox sure the easiest way to play, but only because you have more starting money.. so your first red profits isn't a problem. Small world is indeed less hard to play, but I think it doesn't so much matter what world, if you make a good start .. tactical ,aircraft, good route / ticket price. And about that good start I was curious,but i understand that not everyone is
telling his/her secret. lol

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

but i understand that not everyone is telling his/her secret.

its not so much we are keeping secrets, as we are trying to help the player develop there own playing style, and skill, so that they arent just playing by a set of rules, that once they run out they are stuck.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

I recommend doing this:

1. Extend your starting aircraft lease to 10 years, or use it temporarily, and order new aircraft on lease. If your world is late enough, I recommend the Airbus A319.

2. When you come in, reduce staff salaries to just below industry average(but don't be ridiculous)

3.After this, add an IFS. Make all food options 4 star and charge as follows.

Breakfast=$28

Lunch=$40

Dinner=$45

In each case, offer 3 options.

4. There, you have one of the best combinations of profitability and quality for any IFS in AE.

5. Use this formula to find out how efficient your aircraft are(FF/Pax numbers), and then divide the speed by this result. A good result is around the 6 mark for jets, and around 8 for turboprops. So the ATR-42 won't be a very god choice in that regard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users