Netherlands Amazing Service To MH17 Victims

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*

• Guests

I know it seems pointless stating a topic on this, but I think this subject deserves attention.

Today, about 40 bodies have been sent to The Netherlands today for further investigation and identification. Well, upon arriving, The Netherlands seemed to do an impeccable job with these bodies arriving.. just purely amazing.  Each body had its own casket and 6 Dutch Armed Men, then, each casket received its own limo... where the bodies were gracefully delivered from the military base. The most beautiful part of this iconic event was that people lined up from start to end on the route of the limos. Simply Amazing. The Dutch have it right, that is all I can say!

Having visited the Netherlands, I really should not be surprised, because this country was by far one of the most organized, ritzy and lovely countries (Compatible to Switzerland).... Go Nederland!

http://www.chicagotr...,6934182.story 

article-2702482-1FE6D06200000578-308_964

And also, RIP to all victims of The Taipei plane crash and Israel/Gaza conflict.

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

You'll NEVER see this in America. :P

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

It was nice to see this

• Guests

Agreed. Nothing happened to this extent for 9/11, 800 or Lockerbee :P

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I'll just say, 189 Dutch people were on board, a lot of the nation would know someone who was killed. It was the least these innocent victims of a foreign war deserved. My heart also goes out to the 700 Gazans who have been slaughtered by the Israeli military (I'm not saying Hamas are angels either).

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

The Good people dies, while the bad one roaming the earth to kill the good one, oh Earth....

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

A very respectable tribute by the Dutch. It's a shame that all this has happened. 

Not to hijack the thread, but things similar to this happen very often in America. In fact, when a police officer is killed in active duty, this happens-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyOzAEBD8Q

Edit: Didn't want off topic comment having large video on thread

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

• Guests

A very respectable tribute by the Dutch. It's a shame that all this has happened. 

Not to hijack the thread, but things similar to this happen very often in America. In fact, when a police officer is killed in active duty, this happens-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyOzAEBD8Q

Edit: Didn't want off topic comment having large video on thread

The last thing you did lake was hijack the thread :P .. You madr a great point! Fallen officers and soldiers get a highly organized ceremony.. Only wish it was for every event. This really gave me so much respect for the Dutch ... And I am feeling quite offended that the Pro-Russian Seperatists treated humans like that :(

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 566 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

Whilst the majority of passengers may have been Dutch, when the servicemen were carrying those coffins, they didn't know whether the body inside was Dutch, American, Australian or Malaysian. Regardless of race, gender or age, it was a beautiful mark of respect for humanity. Something the dogs who killed them would never understand.

Selene

Selene

AE Player

• 25 posts

I am glad the relatives of the victims were shielded from the media cameras bij a shroud. I guess they learned from the temporary monument at Schiphol airport where papparazi were photographing each and every person that came to pay their respect.

The entire country participated, even the windmills were put in mourning position with the top sail placed just past the highest point.
3_44089.jpg

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

Agreed. Nothing happened to this extent for 9/11, 800 or Lockerbee :P

Nothing happened for 9/11 because:

1. Putting roughly 3,000 people in their own hearse (already in caskets) would be way too costly 

2. You'd be lucky to find enough body parts of one person to put in a casket (MH17 bodies were intact, thus making it easier to put into caskets)

3. Then you have the factor that the Netherlands only had to handle 193 bodies, not 2,996 bodies

4. Even though people didn't get any 'special treatment' some victims had the NYC mayor (Rudy I think) go to their funerals.

TW800 is a different story as to why bodies didn't receive anything since all the bodies were found and intact (as far as I know). Lockerbie was in Scotland not America by the way. 

• Guests

Nothing happened for 9/11 because:

1. Putting roughly 3,000 people in their own hearse (already in caskets) would be way too costly 

2. You'd be lucky to find enough body parts of one person to put in a casket (MH17 bodies were intact, thus making it easier to put into caskets)

3. Then you have the factor that the Netherlands only had to handle 193 bodies, not 2,996 bodies

4. Even though people didn't get any 'special treatment' some victims had the NYC mayor (Rudy I think) go to their funerals.

TW800 is a different story as to why bodies didn't receive anything since all the bodies were found and intact (as far as I know). Lockerbie was in Scotland not America by the way. 

Yes but the bodies from Lockerbie were shipped back to America :P

Selene

Selene

AE Player

• 25 posts

Selene

Selene

AE Player

• 25 posts

A small correction: The Netherlands is taking care of all the bodies found in the wreckage, not just the Dutch ones. Also, not all bodies are intact, sadly there are many bodyparts scattered through the wreckage which will complicate identification.

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

A small correction: The Netherlands is taking care of all the bodies found in the wreckage, not just the Dutch ones. Also, not all bodies are intact, sadly there are many bodyparts scattered through the wreckage which will complicate identification.

Still 298<2,996

• Guests

Still 298<2,996

Still they ould hae done a bit more for the victims.. again our GDP is 10x higher than Nederland  too.. 

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

Still they ould hae done a bit more for the victims.. again our GDP is 10x higher than Nederland  too.. 

So put everybody from the Twin Towers into a casket and a hearse on-site just to drive less than 10 minutes to the closest hospital/morgue 

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

GDP does not necessarily mean the US is richer. I'd be confident the US has lower % surpluses, although this is :offtopic: . Let's not focus on what could have been done, and rather what is being done for MH17.

• Guests

GDP does not necessarily mean the US is richer. I'd be confident the US has lower % surpluses, although this is :offtopic: . Let's not focus on what could have been done, and rather what is being done for MH17.

Thank You Hake :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users