Photo

Lift ban on China<--->Taiwan flights after a certain year?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

elysia

elysia

-

• 41 posts

Since the relationships between the two countries are now relatively better and there are indeed scheduled flights between the two countries (https://www.google.c...yuan to beijing), why not lift the ban?

According to wiki (I know some people will say wiki is an unreliable source, but... oh well) the flights began in July 2008. So the lift can be from 2009 onwards in-game.

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

I've already suggested this before :P And Yuxi said...

Actually the China-Taiwan restriction is more complicated and cannot be implemented cleanly under the current political restrictions infrastructure, which is why I've held off on this for so long.  :P

See here: http://www.airline-e...hl=china-taiwan

cUDPatH.jpg

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
B-but... Hangzhou Airport already has a terminal for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan... How is it complicated to do a small code and make Cross-Strait flights after 2008? You made 20-ish countries available to do stuff with each other after 2000 but can't code two countries to just fly with each other. Wha???

Duncan

Duncan

*Returns to profit*

• 333 posts

Anyone can fly to Hong Kong and Macau at anytime...it's the partial openness for cross strait flight between China and Taiwan that has presented an obstacle for coding.

hGHxJjo.png

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

B-but... Hangzhou Airport already has a terminal for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan... How is it complicated to do a small code and make Cross-Strait flights after 2008? You made 20-ish countries available to do stuff with each other after 2000 but can't code two countries to just fly with each other. Wha???

Any of the devs can correct me, but if I recall correctly, AE in its current form is similar to Mac OS 9 prior to the unveiling of OS X (i.e. spaghetti code). So, yes, it can be very, very complicated to code in what may appear to be a very simple fix.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users