• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

So this one is going to be mainly for the British members of AE who know the situation

with Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport.

• Work with TUI to come up with profitable, low frequency Transatlantic services.
  • Work with expanding airlines in UK such as Monarch to establish a base with one or two aircraft operating key holiday destinations with an almost-daily service.
  • Work with Wizz Air to expand to Germany, Czech Republic and the Balkans.
  • Possibly Wizz Air to establish a base; Possibility of a weekly Dubai service.
  • Work with Links Air & FlyBe to expand on domestic/regional services
  • KLM Cityhopper to start a twice-daily service to AMS using smaller F-70 - Serve Sheffield to complement Humberside services
  • Raise funds to invest more into FAARS connection road to M18 - work done within a year or two
  • Possibly establish own airline serving niche markets on low frequency using chartered aircraft.

What would you do?

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

WorldWide Ltd. CEO

WorldWide Ltd. CEO

Worldwide International CEO

• 182 posts

I would work with expanding airlines like Monarch to establish flights to seasonal holiday destinations and also work with TUI and Thomas Cook to introduce flights to American holiday destinations.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I would lower fees because some airports are quite close and are competing for services. I would find someone to serve New York 3 weekly or so (Monarch?) and otherwise it is fine.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Shut it down.

GingerKidxD

GingerKidxD

• 6 posts

I would work with expanding airlines like Monarch to establish flights to seasonal holiday destinations and also work with TUI and Thomas Cook to introduce flights to American holiday destinatio

So this one is going to be mainly for the British members of AE who know the situation

with Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport.

• Work with TUI to come up with profitable, low frequency Transatlantic services.
  • Work with expanding airlines in UK such as Monarch to establish a base with one or two aircraft operating key holiday destinations with an almost-daily service.
  • Work with Wizz Air to expand to Germany, Czech Republic and the Balkans.
  • Possibly Wizz Air to establish a base; Possibility of a weekly Dubai service.
  • Work with Links Air & FlyBe to expand on domestic/regional services
  • KLM Cityhopper to start a twice-daily service to AMS using smaller F-70 - Serve Sheffield to complement Humberside services
  • Raise funds to invest more into FAARS connection road to M18 - work done within a year or two
  • Possibly establish own airline serving niche markets on low frequency using chartered aircraft.

What would you do?

I would work with expanding airlines like Monarch to establish flights to seasonal holiday destinations and also work with TUI and Thomas Cook to introduce flights to American holiday destinations.

I would lower fees because some airports are quite close and are competing for services. I would find someone to serve New York 3 weekly or so (Monarch?) and otherwise it is fine.

Thomson would not place a 787/767 On a long haul route from DSA intact i doubt any airline would offer Long Haul from there, I think they need to look more at the Low Cost airline side of things, Maybe look at Cargo/GA/Private Aviation, The Catchment area for DSA is too small. I think it would be worth Thomson removing flights once the Partnership contract ends and moving the DSA based aircraft to LGW or LTN or even CWL. DSA is a lost cause in its current state.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
I would realise the lack of potential for DSA and try to stop Thomson from leaving (it's going downhill yearly) focus on cargo and GA with a small ammount of scheduled/charter flights

banner_signature_northern.png

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I'll just point out, 700000 passengers is a good amount of annual traffic no matter what way you cut it :P . Some airports (like Teeside or Humberside) have fallen much lower than that.

Airbus A320

Airbus A320

Flying Fanatic

• 116 posts

User's Awards

I would try to get links to Amsterdam with KLM Cityhopper, as well as Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Southampton and London through Flybe, Links Air or Eastern Airways. Long haul flights are commercially unviable: even the larger airports in the North such as Newcastle can only take one or two long haul destinations.
The problem with Doncaster-Sheffield Airport is that there are too many large airports in a small sphere on influence, meaning the majority of people living in the Doncaster region are more likely to fly from Manchester or Leeds. I think that the best that DSA can do is to have a few domestic and major European connections, as well as charter flights to the Mediterranean.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I'll just point out, 700000 passengers is a good amount of annual traffic no matter what way you cut it :P . Some airports (like Teeside or Humberside) have fallen much lower than that.

Humberside are really on the up, Thomson are back next year and SAS are running a nice service although it its suspended at the moment until the new windfarm factories open soon - Humberside are growing slowly but surely, DSA is being turned against by Thomson :P

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Humberside are really on the up, Thomson are back next year and SAS are running a nice service although it its suspended at the moment until the new windfarm factories open soon - Humberside are growing slowly but surely, DSA is being turned against by Thomson :P

Thomson recently added an extra weekly frequency to its Sharm El Sheik flights although got rid of the beloved-by-worksop Kos...But they are introducing Zante this year.Wizz Air have introduced Riga & Bucharest as well as upping frequencies on Warsaw, Vilnius & Wroclaw flights. DSA also recently acquired Domestic services by Links Air which are already have frequencies increased with new destinations likely to follow by September.

DSA is also on the up...finally.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Thomson recently added an extra weekly frequency to its Sharm El Sheik flights although got rid of the beloved-by-worksop Kos...But they are introducing Zante this year.Wizz Air have introduced Riga & Bucharest as well as upping frequencies on Warsaw, Vilnius & Wroclaw flights. DSA also recently acquired Domestic services by Links Air which are already have frequencies increased with new destinations likely to follow by September.

DSA is also on the up...finally.

The UK is doing well for S15 Newcastle for example will be have the following new routes: Santorini, Hurghada, Antalya, Malta, Kefalonia as well Marrakesh and Dubrovnik - although the majority of these routes are served already, new carriers will be adding to these routes and a couple of new ones from Thomas Cook look promising. Thomas Cook, Thomson and Jet2 are upping it at NCL next year however we are loosing the 757s Jet2 are increasing frequency on most of these routes as well as bringing in three new aircraft.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

If I ruled Britain, i'd half the number of airports with service, because, Australia has only a handful of airports with commercial mainline/regional service, and we seem to get on just fine...

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

But Australia has a much lower density. Halving the amount of airport might seem simple, but how's it going to affect the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish?

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Pfft, sell them to the Russians

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users