Photo

DAL doesn't allow flights

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ivoryjedi

Ivoryjedi

• 6 posts

DAL seems to have open gate and a reasonable runway size, but aircraft that are more than capable of flying routes in can't seem to be added.  For example, YYZ-DAL has no airlines on it and is only just over 1000km away, but the Trident 3B - which should be more than capable of the trip - or the 737-200 cannot be flown on this route.  Similar story with YYC-DAL.  Is there a bug with this airport?

yorchi

yorchi

AE Player

• 43 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

"Routes from DAL are limited to serving airports located in the states of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. However, flights using aircraft with 56 or fewer seats (maximum certified capacity) are exempt from this restriction. You cannot configure aircraft that could potentially have more seats, such as a 737-800 with a maximum of 189 seats, with 56 seats in order to avoid this restriction."

Source: http://www.airline-e...-agreements-r13

Ivoryjedi

Ivoryjedi

• 6 posts

That explains it.  I have never seen this document!

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

On this subject, I think I read that 56 seat DC 9s were flown New York - Love Field. Shouldn't we be able to as well?

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

On this subject, I think I read that 56 seat DC 9s were flown New York - Love Field. Shouldn't we be able to as well?

Yes; Legend Airlines flew all-business class DC-9s out of DAL for a brief time, with AA subsequently configuring Fokker 100s in a similar one-class layout to try and drive Legend out and protect their hold on premium traffic. The whole lasted about a year, with Legend filing for bankruptcy and ceasing operations by the end of 2000 and AA's competing service lasted about a year longer I think. 

Ivoryjedi

Ivoryjedi

• 6 posts

But in this game, I believe we are restricted to aircraft who's total seats can't exceed 56.  So we wait for RJs...

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well,a HS 748 or ATR 42-600 can easily operate services. I have never flown a plane there as far as I know and I've never had a US based airline.

Ivoryjedi

Ivoryjedi

• 6 posts

I did an experiment with the Gulfstream I-C and it has the legs and isn't too slow.  Doesn't make a huge profit but it is profitable. 

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

The 56 seat restriction used to be based on your config, but it got abused, so it got removed (ie people changed configs after starting routes).

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

I think the Wright Amendment is probably getting repealed in October of this year as well....so that will be something exciting to watch.

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

Yeah, but the repeal isn't a full repeal, anyways. I'm pretty sure the law that repealed it also banned international flights in its wording.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rα

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users