Photo

Paradox Games

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Really a big letdown for Paradox in my eyes. I personally those greedy bastards will just sneak in Cold War DLCs in HOI 4 instead of a nice game dedicated to it...

12ca1c99cc.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Really a big letdown for Paradox in my eyes. I personally those greedy bastards will just sneak in Cold War DLCs in HOI 4 instead of a nice game dedicated to it...

If they do that I will loose faith in Paradox as a safe haven from the likes of EA. I guess its inevitable really, that's the way the industry is going and paradox have to keep up.

ADWAM.png

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

I was looking forward to being able to upgrade/change components of ships. Granted, HOI 3 had mods that more or less let you do that after launching a ship (Historical Plausibility Project, for one), but maybe they'll add that proposed EvW feature to HOI 4?

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Stryker8686

Stryker8686

AE Player

• 65 posts

User's Awards

Looks like some of the coders from HOI are creating a Cold War game.

http://www.project-kennedy.com/

http://www.indiegogo...project-kennedy

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

I wish the best to them. Maybe some of the major Paradox youtubers will notice, and publicize the project. I really hope this takes off.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

From the looks of the fundraiser, I doubt it will :/

But we really, really need a cold war grand strategy game! :cry:

12ca1c99cc.png

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

So this died,

Here. Have a photoshooped map of my Australian Empire! ^_^

Australian%20Empire%20Map.jpg

12ca1c99cc.png

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

So in case anyone is interested, Crusader Kings II is currently 75% off until 10 AM Pacific Time tomorrow morning.

a0149d3efa.jpg

Hydrogeek

Hydrogeek

• AE Moderator
  • 235 posts

CK2 is an insanely good game, In my humble opinion :P .... (Says someone who has bought the vanilla version, plus 4 or more expansions and shitloads of unit/nationality DLCs....) - I think I'm at nearly $100 sunk into the game over the last year plus...

SkyGroup Admin

[/size]

AE Global Moderator

our beautiful little girl Brooke Renée was born 10/15/12 @ 4:49 PM! She's currently over 17 38 pounds and counting and 4 years old!  :wub:

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

I actually bought CK2 on Steam during that 75% off sale in March. I played some Victoria 2 a few weeks ago, about 1867 right now, with the Pop Demand Mod, started as Argentina, ended up stopping Chile in its tracks, had a war with the Peru-Bolivia Confederacy for some cores I had, took half of Paraguay, then puppeted them and Uruguay (who joined as Paraguay's allies, despite the fact we had 200+ relations. Ended up turning Argentina into an 19th century liberal state (political and some social rights) by having a high militancy government, without even electing a liberal government. I'll get some pictures up here eventually.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Im currently in the process of forming Norway in CKII

ADWAM.png

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

I actually bought CK2 on Steam during that 75% off sale in March. I played some Victoria 2 a few weeks ago, about 1867 right now, with the Pop Demand Mod, started as Argentina, ended up stopping Chile in its tracks, had a war with the Peru-Bolivia Confederacy for some cores I had, took half of Paraguay, then puppeted them and Uruguay (who joined as Paraguay's allies, despite the fact we had 200+ relations. Ended up turning Argentina into an 19th century liberal state (political and some social rights) by having a high militancy government, without even electing a liberal government. I'll get some pictures up here eventually.

How does the PDM mod run for you, it slows down the game emmensly when I've tried it. It's great, but the slowness just annoys me too much to be able to play :P

So I usually just go with the /gsg/mod instead. Currently playing France :P

I have restored the European borders to the point where I am pretty much satisfied. I will have to finish off the Netherlands, which will probably be a project that lasts for a long time, with all their colonies. And after that dismantle the Brits. As I have already begun todo by taking Wales and the South along with Northern Quebec.

I've got a pretty decent foothold in Africa and now the task is just to connect the three parts. Not sure what to focus on next. Indochina, Arabian peninsula?

I had Italy as a puppet which was absolutely stunning. Unfortuanly they became a GP which ended my reign over them. Whereas I felt obliged to declare war on them for Savoy back. Venice is a puppet still, however.

An odd thing also occured whereas the tiny bit of Morocco not taken by me was taken by the USA :P

V2_MAP_FRA_1884.10.29_2.jpg

12ca1c99cc.png

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Honestly, I haven't gotten past 1880 with PDM with any game yet, so I imagine it might slow down in the end game. One of these days, I'm going to play a Paradox mega campaign, I just haven't figured out WHO exactly (maybe Scotland, I could do quite a bit of colonization with Scotland, as long as I avoid sinking a quarter of my treasury into a colony in Panama :P).

Yes, that really is how Scotland ceased to exist.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

Honestly, I haven't gotten past 1880 with PDM with any game yet, so I imagine it might slow down in the end game. One of these days, I'm going to play a Paradox mega campaign, I just haven't figured out WHO exactly (maybe Scotland, I could do quite a bit of colonization with Scotland, as long as I avoid sinking a quarter of my treasury into a colony in Panama :P).

Yes, that really is how Scotland ceased to exist.

I would really love to do one of those myself, Italy and the Roman Empire has sprung to mind. :P

But I think converters and stuff makes the game really, really bad, especially on the EU4-> Vic2 bit. :P

Hopefully in the future they will make exporting between games easier, like they have done with EU4 and CK2 :P

12ca1c99cc.png

egwrhw3rhwrh

egwrhw3rhwrh

Boeing Master Race

• 318 posts

User's Awards

So Mexico's greatness started when it won the war with Texas. Then, it obliterated the already-broken USCA (Save for El Salvador). Then, USA started the Mexican-American war since I wouldn't give him his states. Luckily, I played my cards right and was allied with Britain and called him up immediately. Another plus, as the CSA rose up against the USA, so basically he was fighting on 3 fronts. We ended up winning the war. And after a series of wars, nabbed some of his states.

I rested for awhile to develop my sphere of influence. I was able to sphere Hawaii, and annexed him later on. I wanted to have something Liberia-esque, so I attacked some African nations (I forgot their names.) 

Suddenly, this thing called communism came along, and some nations were affected like Colombia. Since I was too lazy to go to war, I decided to let it pass. Then I noticed that Spain became communist. Luckily, he had no allies and was horribly weak, so I invaded him, steamrolled his provinces, nabbed Equatorial Guinea, Philippines and Cuba thereafter. Then, I puppeted him after several years. I proceeded to colonize what I can of Africa.

Then I noticed that CSA broke my alliance with him and hopelessly lost a war against the USA. He was a s***ty ally and became a filthy communist. So I decided to puppet him and I steamrolled him all the way to his capital. 

Then there was this war Britain started with France (It ended up being a great war). I seized the oppurtunity and added the wargoal to dismantle him (since my borders in Africa looked ugly because of his colonies.) and ended up succeeding, gaining more Asian colonies in the process (note that Colombo was some French ally and Bengal... I don't know how I got that.)

So China split into pieces sometime in the game. Since Britain was sided with the Anhui Clique, I decided to side with him too, despite me wanting to support Nationalist China. So then I was dragged into this war with Anhui against Japan, Nationalist China, Beiyang China, and Danubian Federation. I blockaded Japan and Danubian Federation and again, steamrolled China. Because this became another great war and I don't like the idea of Japan being a great power, I added the wargoal to dismantle Japan. And so my side won, and Japan became poor, backwater, fascist state.

And so I decided to rest.

Sorry%20for%20the%20horrible%20Spanish.%

dmYeOVn.png

egwrhw3rhwrh

egwrhw3rhwrh

Boeing Master Race

• 318 posts

User's Awards

Also, credits to Og for that amazing map ^_^

(I forgot to put it on above post, and was lazy to edit.)

dmYeOVn.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

where do you get those maps? ^_^

ADWAM.png

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Screenshot%202014-05-16%2022.16.22.png

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

In regional news, Europe was too filled with kebab

So Serbia escaped.

eu4%202014-05-25%2012-01-18-29.png

12ca1c99cc.png

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

After I dealt with the Breton Irish High King, then the Welsh one, I noticed that this happened.

7aeEAPr.jpg

I started out in modern-day County Clare, before assassinating diplomatically consolidating my power into becoming the Overking (Duke) of most of southern Ireland. My true rise to power was in the Third Crusade, which, incidentally, rose from the First Crusade. One of the Irish Overkings in the northwestern parts of Ireland gained control of the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the First Crusade. Somehow, after he was forced out, his dynasty married with the locals and became what is now Ireland's Shia Maghrebi minority, in the former Emirate of Tír Eoghain, which was promptly taken over by me. The Pope gave me a bunch of money for it (really, it was easy, but the money more than made up for the costs in taking it over).

I soon usurped the title of High King of Eire from the former overlords of Ireland, the Bretons (and later Welsh), who had taken it upon themselves to beat up on the Norse Gaelic High King. Somehow, though, while I pushing out the Welsh from their last few counties in the Dublin area, the Mongols invaded England. Really, I don't know how I missed that. Ireland is current the most powerful of the Celtic nations, with Scotland right behind, and Wales and Vannin (Norse Gaelic kingdom ruling over the Scottish Isles).

Oh, and I have a small republic-vassal in Trapani, Sicily. My current ruler was a Duke of Sicily through my father's marriage to the former count of Trapani, so when I inherited Ireland, I gave my former land to the local mayor. The one count in northern Scotland is part of the HRE.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users