[Berubium] - WorldGroup - Skookum Air

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

In R6, I have an airline based in Vancouver, BC, Canada called Skookum Air.  Here are the details:

Airline Name: Skookum Air  http://ae31.airline-...e3r6&player=312

IFE and IFS description (include the number of stars): Depends on the route & plane.

• Short haul 2 stars.  Props & CRJ jets have audio on board & passengers get complimentary snacks, newspapers, & headphones.
  • Medium & Long haul 3 & 4 stars depending on class & route length.  Narrowbody & widebody jetliners have modern AVOD with flight tracker software (later years will feature wifi).  A choice of 2 quality complimentary meals would be available on longer flights as well as blankets.  C & F classes also are given complimentary pillows & comfort kits.
  • All Skookum Air IFE & IFS is free.

Average Utilization:

• Props & CRJ jets about 80-90 hours per week.
  • Narrowbody jetliners about 90-100 hours per week. (typically more just for the first few game months)
  • Long-haul widebodies about 110-120 hours per week.

Hubs:

• Currently only YVR (Vancouver).  This will be Skookum Air's largest hub & most flights will originate from here.
  • Will likely expand to YUL (Montreal) & YWG (Winnipeg) but these hubs won't be as expansive as YVR.
  • May also create a smaller hub in YQB (Quebec City) or elsewhere in Canada, but it will not be much larger than 6 or 7 gates.
  • I will not hub at YYZ (Toronto).

Fleet:

• Small fleet of Bombardier Q200 & Q400 for local flights.  May also pick up aome CRJs as they are very common & practical here in Canada.
  • A319 & A320 for Canada/USA/Mexico/Caribbean mainline destinations (I will also have a few B737-600s for the first few years, but they will likely be divested by 2005 or so once A319 deliveries are where they need to be).  I prefer not to have too many aircraft families.
  • Long haul will be B767-200ERs for lower demand routes (or 2x daily frequency for some heavy routes).  A340-200 for higher demand routes & longer distance ones.
  • Once the airline is running smoothly, I expect to have 5 or 6 aircraft families.

Cabin Configuration:

• All are rated 'in the green' for legroom as a legacy carrier should be.
  • Only my widebodies have a 3 class configuration.  For example, my B767-200ER config is 4f, 24c, 203y.  I am considering shaving a row off the Y config, but nonetheless, that config has a legroom rating of 71.
  • All narrowbody planes are dual class.  My most common plane is the A319-100 with 14c, 108y.  That has a legroom rating of 81.  My A320-200 config is 16c, 132y for a legroom rating of 75.  Both of these are almost exactly the same as the real life Air Canada configs.
  • My prop planes are also dual class, which isn't as common in real life, but still exist nonetheless.  My Q400s are 6c, 64y (yes the c ratio is a bit less than my other configs, but it realistically fits well into the plane). 

Expansion Plans:

• While not aiming to be the biggest or richest airline, Skookum Air still intends on being a significant player in the skies.  Like the real life strategy of Vancouver, Skookum Air will try to be the bridge between North America & Asia, while also providing frequent local service & service to select European & Caribbean destinations.

All in all, Skookum is & will be a legacy carrier.  In certain high-demand markets, despite high service levels, Skookum Air will price itself competitively to attract passengers.  Skookum Air does not consider itself the national carrier of Canada as it is primarily focused on Canada's 3rd largest metropolis (and 2nd busiest airport in the country), Vancouver; however it will fly to all reaches of the Country (and beyond).  Flights will only depart from a select few cities (aka my hubs).  No intention of spamming here.  Rather, my intention is to have a plausible airline and hubs that actually have connecting passengers.  Also, ALL routes will have daily or better frequencies (at the moment, there are a few routes with less than that, but that is only until more planes are added to the fleet).

I would like to connect with my alliance members hubs or have them connect with mine.  I also like the idea of being in an alliance where members actually communicate with each other.  Too many times, I have played in worlds where members of my own alliance try to undercut or spam many of my routes.  Too many people join an alliance for the sake of being in an alliance.  I would prefer one that actually makes sense.

I also have a few other airlines in R-delta.  They range in size from a legacy carrier with 5 hubs and 300 aircraft to a small carrier with 28 aircraft.  I don't have the time or desire to manage a monster airline with thousands of planes.  Besides, later in the game, I keep myself occupied with fleet renewal, IFE, IFS upgrading, changing route frequencies or aircraft types where appropriate, etc.  I'm not the kind of guy to create a route & then just leave it for eternity (especially if it departs from YVR).

I look forward to being a part of your endeavour & also to any suggestions that you may have...

Jesse

Berubium.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Dear Bebubium,

Thank you for applying to WorldGroup! I apologize it took so long for a person to respond. Over the next few days, the WorldGroup team will be reviewing your application and we will let you know of the outcome once we have it.

Thanks,

nxwm2001

cUDPatH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users