Photo

political restrictions

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

But I can't fly from Paris Charles de Gaulle or any other airports in Europe. Is that because of Brexit? And what's the purpose of opening a hub in the EU if you can't fly out of it?

The UK is still in the EU. You can fly between any 2 EU airports, or from the UK to outside the EU. Otherwise, play in an open world.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

jimmyboing

jimmyboing

• 2 posts

There's faults in this - New Caledonia and Reunion should both be considered as within the EU.

jimmyboing

jimmyboing

• 2 posts

The same for French Guiana

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

They're part of France and hence can use the benefits of that :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Mizund

Mizund

• 2 posts

So  I have this problem where my home country is in Egypt. But now at this point I am having issues finding flights to other airports outside of Egypt, because of political restrictions. Does making a hub affect these political restrictions, or does it not. I really am at a dead end in this airline, because political restrictions are keeping me from adding new routes. I bought a new aircraft and when I wanted to fly it. I couldn't find a route that allowed me to do it, because there were political restrictions. I ultimately ended up selling the aircraft, because It would make me bankrupt if I just left it sitting there, and it not bringing in any income.

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

No, making a hub does not affect your political restrictions status. 

KriZ

KriZ

Worlds best member :)

• 18 posts

I fully agree with a lot of people in this discussion, this "political restriction" does not follow the EU Open Skies treaty at all by not allowing flights from a secondary country you did not base in, yet is still in the EU to a country outside of the Union should be allowed, as it is clearly such in real life and would make way more sense.

If you want examples of this, simply take a look at Norwegian who operates using a Irish/UK/Norwegian/Swedish/Danish AOC yet still flies from Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona and Italy to the US. It makes no sense to only lock this treaty inside the European Union.

Aircraft I have flown on!

Airbus A319

Airbus A320

Airbus A321

Airbus A320neo

Boeing 737-600

Boeing 737-700

Boeing 737-800

Embraer 190

Embraer E190-E2

CRJ-700

CRJ-900