• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Now, as far as I know, Jetways, Stands and other gate types should be available for AE4. In relation to this, I was wondering if this idea could be added in game:
Basically, instead of this gate system where anyone can lease a gate for a set price and keep it for 75 years in R0 for example, I propose that someone selects the amount of gates they lease and then they must select the length of a contract. A simple 1 year contract would probably be the most expensive. I think contracts should last up to 15 years or so until they come up for review. At this point, you can re-sign this agreement or close down operations. So, Airline A signs a contract with Airport X to lease 2 gates for $10,000 monthly, with 1 gate costing $5,500 maybe. After 5 years, Airline A wants 2 more gates at Airport X. They might get 10% off if it us added to that contract. After 15 years, Airport X means to renew its contract but then a computer informs it that Airline A also flies to Airport Y, 25 miles away. Because of this, Airport X charges Airline A 5-10% extra. Basically, loyalty reduces prices.
Discuss :P (or not)

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

The 50 slots thing needs to go. If you're operating a very very small local airline that operates small 10 seat aircraft to small airports, you're wasting 48 slots or something like that by that.

XFlight

XFlight

AE Know It All

• 205 posts

On top of this, I have been thinking, it would probably be more realistic to do the gates in hours not slots. If and airline have a 25 minute turn around time vs a 90 minute turn around time, the 90 minute turn around should no take up equal amount of slots as the one with the 25 minute turn around. This has probably been suggested before and if it has, I am not aware of it, but I though it would be a nice add on to this.

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

I believe that AE4 will have a slot-based system; no more 50 slot gates. I do not think that it has jetbridge, stand and other gate types. I think that it may be too complicated to implement that, and it will delay AE4 from 3015 to 400000AD. ^_^

cUDPatH.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I believe that AE4 will have a slot-based system; no more 50 slot gates. I do not think that it has jetbridge, stand and other gate types. I think that it may be too complicated to implement that, and it will delay AE4 from 3015 to 400000AD. ^_^

That early? :huh: Well, maybe we should bring the gate discounts of 5% or so. Nothing major, but it seems more realistic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users