Nexmark (Minor addition to) Logo/Livery [S3A]

S3A

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

Well, after a long, deep search for a name for my next airline (I even have a backstory for it :P), I've settled on Nexmark Airlines for my airline's name (I was thinking of 1980s-90s Asian airlines, in terms of branding, like Skymark, EVA Airlines, etc.)

Long story short, I've based my logo loosely on the logo of EVA Air (tail part, name in bottom left hand corner, with a different font, mind you), but am stuck on creating a symbol for the airline. That's where I need help with the logo. The first part of my request is for someone to help me finish my logo, since I'm a terrible artist. I was trying to think of something that screams "sharp" and "looking forward" in the context of the late 80s/early 90s.

Here's my current logo:

9tl6yt.jpg

Background on the Logo: Basically, I looked at Taiwanese aviation history, and looked at how the liberalization of the air transport market occurred (I put a lot of effort into choosing where I set up my airlines :P). My analysis (mostly looking at EVA Air, the most successful Taiwanese carrier set up post deregulation), led me to realize that until the mid-to-late 90s, the Taiwanese government required global experience and large financial capital before letting someone set up an international carrier. EVA Air was born from Evergreen Maritime's desire to branch out to the skies. Therefore, my airline's backstory is that it's backed by another Taiwanese shipping conglomerate, Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation. Since EVA roughly uses Evergreen Maritime's colors, I went with Yang Ming's logo (at least the current one, I couldn't figure out if they used previous logos). The font is Oceanic Drift with no italics, but no bolding, available here: http://www.dafont.co...anic-drift.font (DaFont is my go-to source for custom fonts for my logos)

I was thinking of some sort of design on the tail, either in current logo colors or white (or some other color, if you can come up with something that would fit) would do the job nicely.

The second part is a request for a livery on a A300-600 (I was surprised to find out that Jetabout has A300 template kits), in the style of an 1980s/early 90s livery.

Thanks in advance,

Amtran

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I'll pick this one up, unless someone has something specific they want to do.

I might to do it as Ineed to keep active

Signature%203.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Bob, I'll take your A300 template once your done XD

cUDPatH.jpg

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Bob, I'll take your A300 template once your done XD

Please Bob's template making is like AE 4 :P

Signature%203.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Please Bob's template making is like AE 4 :P

Bob is just like me then ^_^ (757-200 template from me due just after AE 4 launch)

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Attached File  Nexmark.png   423.41KB   0 downloads

Signature%203.png

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Nice livery, I like it, though it is an A340. :lol:

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

For some reason that pagoda logo on the tail makes my eyes hurt :/

cUDPatH.jpg

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

:huh: I was going to paint this on a 777 :P

Agre's 777-300 is so nice...The A340 distorts the colors abit

Signature%203.png

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Is there some reason why no one on AE uses the JetAbout templates anymore? Just curious, because it seems that those have fallen out of favor. The only real reason I suggested the A300 was because I plan on using the A300 (especially the -600) as the bulk of my fleet, especially after I read that thread regarding frequency and route reputation. I'm alright with the current livery, but if anyone else is still working on one, I wouldn't mind. I was planning on starting a blog press release center, with the second post being an time-period specific extolling the virtues of the A300 and its two engines, as part of my modern airline that uses the A300 to save money, to allow for better service than the tri- and quad-jet carriers. (Very minor nitpick, but the name wasn't all-caps /nitpick done. :P)

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Most people actually use Jetabout templates :P Just the ones the majority use have gone through Agre for shading and layering.

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Will is right; most people don't just draw up a livery on a regular template; they use Agre's templates because the parts are separated onto different layers and the aircraft is shaded.

cUDPatH.jpg

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Thanks for the livery Nexus, though I decided in the end to try out livery-making for my own. Here's the result (hasn't been shaded yet):

vcwh9g.jpg

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S3A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users