Photo

Missing gate slots!!! - NEED HELP!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JDubman

JDubman

• 51 posts
I tried putting in non #'s for ticket price, such as *,/,-,, etc. clicked create route. It then says the route has been created, and it also says SBQ(mighta been SBL or SQB) error. The problem is that the route is non existent in the route menu but it still treats it like a route, and therefore occupies one slot in my gates. At first i wasnt sure if it was true, so i tried it like 3 times.

As a result, i am now not able to use 3 slots in denver, 2 slots in reno, and 1 slot in salt lake ;)

Can miller give these slots back to me? If you need proof, i guess i could show u that my routes to and from these cities and the gate slots at the concerned cities don't add up.

[Edited on 11.2.2005 by JDubman]

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
HMMMM....interesting bug. Could be a good way to keep the competition out of an airport...

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
lol, you should'nt be messing with the MySQL databases! ;) It was a MySQL/SQL error you got.

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
  • WLM ID:foreignis@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:ForeignWas
place the ac you have the route on up for sale. it should clear them.

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
No don't do that...while I'm making brownies.

JDubman

JDubman

• 51 posts

Originally posted by AeroLinear
place the ac you have the route on up for sale. it should clear them.

That's actually a good idea. I will try it later though, because i don't want to screw around with my routes and load factors (if i close routes, it screws up the load factor when i open the route up again)

SparkyF

SparkyF

• 107 posts
  • WLM ID:Scott_Mcintosh@hotmail.co.uk
Thats a strange Bug!

a380

a380

• 45 posts
Is there any way to fix this? I accidentally crated today a route with a "," behind the price. I noticed the ",", but before I realised that, I had already pushed the create route button. Slots gone, no route actually created. :cry: I even sold that aircraft, didn't help.

Could someone be so nice and help me, I'd really, really appreciate it.
Posted Image

ID: 10565

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Dont try to cheat. That solves the problem. :P
Aer Solas

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Dont try to cheat. That solves the problem. :P

My thoughts exactly. Stop trying to figure out how others are using the gate bug to their advantage.
Posted ImagePosted Image

a380

a380

• 45 posts
Thanks for reading my post, let me just make it a bit clearer: I accidentally found this bug I wasn't aware of, because I made a typing mistake. And I want to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. If I was trying to "destroy" slots, why would I have posted here? Just to draw attention?

But you're right, this could be used for cheating, but it is worth nothing as long as those slots can't be used again. Especially at an airport with no gates available. That's the reason I actually don't want to know how to regain those slots. That's also why I almost immediately regretted posting that message because of the possible answer I actually don't want to know. So I think, it's better to let TW to fix this bug, so that routes with mistyped prices:
a) Can't be created (No "Create route" -button)
:P Show up in the routes-list and can be closed again (Of course they will make then profit or no profit)

But I'm sorry, because I think I didn't clearly enough tell you in my fist post that I'm not trying to cheat. :)
Posted Image

ID: 10565

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users