Photo

To All Players in O1 with Hubs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rubiohiguey

rubiohiguey

AE Player

• 63 posts

There seems to be a recalculation bug in O1 (and maybe in other worlds too) about revenue from connecting pax on a route to/from your hub, when a competitor adds capacity or matches your price.

I have noticed that my LF and revenue drops. When I access the route, it's on .e.g 75% direct, 5% connect, total 80% LF. I just hit SAVE and it recalculates correctly, 75% direct, 25% connect, and my revenue goes up accordingly.

I have noticed it happens on very many routes where a competitor puts up additional capacity (at any price) or matches my price with existing capacity. I see this drop in LF and revenue, then by saving the route it goes up where it should be in the first place.

So if you come across a similar situation, where you have route to/from your hub where LF does not sum up 100% between direct and connecting passengers, do not go undercutting your fellow airlines, try saving the route first to see if it raises your revenue , and in 99% of cases it actually will raise both your LF and your revenue on that route.

jrbaytown

jrbaytown

Work Hard, Fly Right

• 23 posts

User's Awards

I'd rather undercut you because you keep sending me messages not to.  ;)

rubiohiguey

rubiohiguey

AE Player

• 63 posts

Yep, and we both will get 60 instead of 80, on a 100 point revenue scale. That would be great :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users