Photo

Clock wrong

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
I got gates at madrid, on 2005-10-26, after midnight UTC.

Just a couple of minutes ago I got a message

2005-10-25 21:00:23 Warning: Unused GatesThe airports have accomplished a monthly audit of their gates and have found the following gates that are not in use: ...

At that date and time, I didn't even have those gates... and yes, I'm sure about that. I got them 01:00 UTC, today.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I'm guessing that the 21:00 is EST and yes it is still 10/25 here.

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
I'll direct your attention to this page :D

http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=4750

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

Originally posted by Timsher
I'll direct your attention to this page :D

http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=4750

That is about local time, very nice to leave daylight saving and return to normal time indeed. This has yet to happen in other parts of the world by the way.

It does however have nothing to do with UTC time. There are no time zones nor daylight saving in UTC. Gates are normally checked at midnight UTC. I got the message just after 01:00 UTC. So, if the game thinks that is midnight, its clock is wrong. q.e.d.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by highspeed
It does however have nothing to do with UTC time. There are no time zones nor daylight saving in UTC. Gates are normally checked at midnight UTC. I got the message just after 01:00 UTC. So, if the game thinks that is midnight, its clock is wrong. q.e.d.

It doesn't have anything to do with UTC or local time. The server went down for a few minutes at the top of an hour and missed the day change. So, an hour later it went through its day change. This put the month change behind by one hour. The game doesn't care whether it is midnight or not.

Just wait a bit until the server goes down more frequently and the month change ends up switching its time of change on a daily basis.

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
If I understand what you're saying, we need 23 more of these short outages and daychange is at midnight again (but a day late) ?

In other words, in between outages, AE doesn't skip time to keep up?

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Exactly. Last version I the month change rotated around a lot due to server downtime.

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

Originally posted by ziliu
Exactly. Last version I the month change rotated around a lot due to server downtime.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again...

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

Originally posted by Timsher

Originally posted by ziliu

Let's hope that doesn't happen again...

Well... I'd hate the downtime but I would welcome the daychange to be somewhere around noon my time :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users