Photo

Shikoku Unsōkaisha (Shikoku Transport Company - OTTD RP)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts

QVPHx3j.png

The 1st of January 1946 marks a significant step for transportation routes on the island of Shikoku in post war Japan. Supported by the United States of America; Japan has taken steps to reinstate local transportation links with the foundation of small regional public companies to propose and initiate operation of services.

Shikoku Transport Company, under supervision of the Ministry of Transport (Un'yu-shō) have commenced the operation of three regional bus services utilising imported Flxible Clipper type vehicles constructed in America during the mid-1930s, donated in bulk to the Japanese Ministry of Transport. These comfy 29 seater buses can reach a top speed of 103km/h and are easy to maintain, making it the perfect choice for our initial operation.

vy5CEfZ.png

Shikoku Transport Company route map.

The initial routes connect the major towns of Takamatsu, Marugame, Kannonji and Kotoshira with villages dotted along coastal roads and run down winding mountain paths. These new routes will make it easier for people to travel into the towns for business or official reasons and possibly even leisure. The services are operated on a for profit basis; despite attempts for a subsidy from the struggling government for services it was made clear that should the service fail to deliver profit, there would be no option but to cease operation, leaving the people of Shikoku with limited travel options.

CvhBEzn.png
0KlTbAW.png

By: Tintinfan & Oggey. More coming soon! - Note this is an RP and certain elements of Japanese and history may be wrong and are wrong.

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

D:

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• 1,249 posts

D:

Problem? ^_^

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

I'm quite interested to see how this goes. Downloading OTTD on a mac is a complete nightmare for me, so I can only use Simutrans. :P

cUDPatH.jpg

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

I'm quite interested to see how this goes. Downloading OTTD on a mac is a complete nightmare for me, so I can only use Simutrans. :P

Well that's what you get for using a Mac.

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

Simutrans :sick:

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

It keeps getting worse, post something good, quick!!!

ADWAM.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Well that's what you get for using a Mac.

Well excuse me...XD

Simutrans :sick:

I know! I finally managed to get OpenTTD to work, thanks to Tinny...

It keeps getting worse, post something good, quick!!!

XP :P

cUDPatH.jpg

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• 558 posts

User's Awards

Toyoshima Shigeki sat waiting at Kotohira bus station for the service to Kannonji and then onwards to Nio, around him several others were eagerly anticipating the first bus service since the end of the war, as the scheduled arrival time grew closer more and more people started to arrive ready to welcome Shikoku Unsōkaisha to their town, the clock kept ticking, one minute to go, thirty seconds, arrival time, but where was the bus? Minutes passed and the people grew glum as no sign of the bus was evident, Shigeki sighed the Americans had failed them again...

(there we go, I'm kicking off this RP properly! :P )

a0149d3efa.jpg

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Four hours late, the bus arrived in the cold dark night.

The Americans had trouble getting the bus in place and up and running due to the horrible condition of the roads in Japan at the time. There was a lot of apologies and they gave the poor people who had been waiting out in the cold a free ticket each.

The word said was that all eight buses given to the island would be up and running in a matter of days. Would the Americans disappoint yet again? No-one knew...

W6iHaPl.png

rwsm1MJ.png

12ca1c99cc.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Loving the detail on the ticket :drool:

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• 558 posts

User's Awards

Shigeki looked around, the bus had finally arrived five hours late which meant that his ride to Kannonji ended up being free but now, it was three in the morning on a cold Winter's night, Shigeki along with several others had camped out in the station's building unsure of when the next bus would come, he sighed, the party he was meant to go to would have finished by now he could only hope his friends would forgive him for missing it.

a0149d3efa.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users