Photo

air koryo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ringo888

ringo888

AE Player

• 79 posts

i am currently considering a trip to north korea but i have been given the option to fly air china or air korya. i wpuld like to know if you have traveled on air koryo. 

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

Air china sells tickets for North Korea's National Airline. And just so you know North Koreans dont like Americans very much so becareful. And you are not allowed to bring any electronics, unless it is made in North Korea. ah and you get to ride to Amazing Ilyushin Il-61, the plane made in the Soviet Union in 1960's till the 70's, it is just 40 years old don't worry, and for your own ears get a seat in the front because the engines are at the back the the VC-10. And to be honest Russian technology at the 60's aint the best.

i-air (R7)

i-air/i-air connection (S2)

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

correction it is Il-62 not 61

i-air (R7)

Jet-A Marinade

Jet-A Marinade

Jet Fuel Keeps Me Going

• 72 posts

User's Awards

Air china sells tickets for North Korea's National Airline. And just so you know North Koreans dont like Americans very much so becareful. And you are not allowed to bring any electronics, unless it is made in North Korea. ah and you get to ride to Amazing Ilyushin Il-61, the plane made in the Soviet Union in 1960's till the 70's, it is just 40 years old don't worry, and for your own ears get a seat in the front because the engines are at the back the the VC-10. And to be honest Russian technology at the 60's aint the best.

They pulled the IL-62 out of service...

From the postings on Facebook, hearsay is that they will be utilizing the Tu-204-100/300 or the Antonov An-148-100...

I'll try and look for the "official" fleet list and see if I can post it here for you all to see.

Keone :)

Woooosaaaaaahhhhh!!!

ringo888

ringo888

AE Player

• 79 posts

i not american and i sort know the rules about entry. i have been in planes the same age but i love older aviation. Do you know if they have such a strong hate with the United Kingdom.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

i not american and i sort know the rules about entry. i have been in planes the same age but i love older aviation. Do you know if they have such a strong hate with the United Kingdom.

Well, Americans can get into North Korea as can the British. It is to my belief that the hate is more towards the Americans than the British, but seriously, it's not like they're just going to gun down any white guy they see.

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

If yu want to take the IL-62M then go to Bejing, I think it is flying that route not sure. But if you just want to go to North Korea then fly British Airways to Hong Kong (all prices for departing sep 2 return sep 5) for just 380 pounds and the weird return price 1603 pounds !?! or the round trip price of HKD11,690, I am not doing the maths for you but Cathay is approx 1,000 pounds (and my friends are moaning to me that the screens aren't sensitive enough). Then hop on a nice Russian jet (when i mean nice i mean 30 years old) to North Korea. I also hope you enjoy your stay in Hong Kong.

i-air (R7)

Issac1709

Issac1709

Youtuber and AE Player

• 74 posts

an also EAT before you get on an Air Koryo flight, their meals are not something you want to eat.

i-air (R7)

Uracco

Uracco

If the 747 is the Queen of the Skies is the A380 King?

• 103 posts
I remember my grandad taking pictures of him flying in the IL-76 in the passenger config on a 20 minute flight from Pyonyang to Orang. Sam Chui's excellent video of a similar flight shows a water leak streaming through the cabin. I flew the IL-62M from Beijing to Pyonyang but got the TU-204 back just hours later. Only did just for the Ilyushin and to say I'd been to North Korea

16277175_AE_Sig.png

Fan of old and new particularly Tridents,Comets,VC10's,1-11's,A320's,787's,757's and the Queen of The Skies  

ringo888

ringo888

AE Player

• 79 posts

Well the issue I see is the fact that you want to go to NK.....

i want to be able to say i have been to DPRK and to see the hotel with a secret 5th floor. Also i would like to see it before and after a renunciation in 10-20 years time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users