Longest Profitable Route?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Duck

Duck

Totally Quackers

• 68 posts

Hi all,

The title says it all really, I am interested in knowing what your longest profitable route is, and what aircraft you operate it with (777-200LR or A340-500/A350-900R). I'm not going to compete with you, I'm just interested in seeing if anyone can make Singapore-Newark, etc work, unlike Singapore Airlines.....

Thanks

He who fights with monsters should take care, lest he become a rubber duck

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

you probably can make such ULH routes work as "economics" is not in the AE dictionary. You can pretty much make any route work, provided your aircraft can make the journey without severe payload restrictions. 

FuturePilot35

FuturePilot35

AE Player

• 34 posts

Hi Airwestwind, I am the operator of Singapore Airlines, and I strongly advise you not to go SIN-EWR. Costed me lots of money due to weight restrictions. Flew it with my A345 once, it was horrible.

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

Hi Airwestwind, I am the operator of Singapore Airlines, and I strongly advise you not to go SIN-EWR. Costed me lots of money due to weight restrictions. Flew it with my A345 once, it was horrible.

I've been doing EWR-SIN or comparable routes with an airline and never had any problem. As long as there is some demand and you can get your aircraft full, there is no problem with profitabilty (in AE).

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, AirWestwind, what world is this? There are two brilliant planes for this. The A380 (from 2007 on), and the A350-1000 (from 2016 on). The A380 for capacity and profitability and the A350 for distance. The A380 can make $200,000 with 1x frequency. I do a lot of flights from Jakarta, Perth, Cairns etc, but only as far as Europe (any airport in Europe can make it) and I do it in O2

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

It really does depend on how you mean by profitable, do you mean the route makes money or the route covers the aircraft cost and makes a small profit :P

banner_signature_northern.png

Nick94094

Nick94094

Chairman of Yadav Air Services Ltd

• 98 posts

I've been doing EWR-SIN or comparable routes with an airline and never had any problem. As long as there is some demand and you can get your aircraft full, there is no problem with profitabilty (in AE).

Full service or LCC ???

Duck

Duck

Totally Quackers

• 68 posts

i meant all thing considered, taking into account maintenance, IFS, fuel burn and everything, a decent profit. With a previous airline I operated Singapore-Houston and Singapore-Charlotte, which were technically profitable, but it was just not justifiable to use the aircraft there when it could be used elsewhere so I stopped flying them.

He who fights with monsters should take care, lest he become a rubber duck

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

Full service or LCC ???

Quite OK service with a good threeclass layout.

But well, you just need enough demand and an aircraft that can do the job unrestricted. (Oh, and the A340-500 might not be the perfect choice. While it is a nice aircraft in general, the 777-200LR is just soooooo much more efficient)
Doing IST-SCL right now; the Boeing easily turns a (although relatively small) profit, the Airbus in a comparable config is a loss-leader.

FuturePilot35

FuturePilot35

AE Player

• 34 posts

Hi, the A359R came out, and I switched to that aircraft, a lot better, now making profits SIN-JFK, 228,362$/day SIN-LAX, 379,400$/day, SIN-ORD, 361,926$/day and a few more.

geminibold

geminibold

• 1 posts

Newcastle (ncl) - Heathrow (lhr) is 103,000 in one frequency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users