Photo

Calling on New Players

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Flying potato

Flying potato

• 2 posts
I'm back with more questions! :)

Can I lease my aircraft to other people as a way to earn money? If so, how?

Are small planes (An-2, Cessna caravan, etc.) worth getting? I tried to get them but they almost never make a profit and the highest I got was with the An-2 I got $42 profit but after maintenance it was still losing money! ( I always use economy only seating and I send the planes to airports with gate lease fees under $1,000)

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Are small planes (An-2, Cessna caravan, etc.) worth getting? I tried to get them but they almost never make a profit and the highest I got was with the An-2 I got $42 profit but after maintenance it was still losing money! ( I always use economy only seating and I send the planes to airports with gate lease fees under $1,000)Y

Unfortunately, you cannot lease out your planes. For the small planes, try with a higher gate rent, like maybe $5000. Also, try a bigger plane, like the Beech 1900C or 1900D. They make a lot of profit. Make sure your loadfactors are high enough, low load factors cause a lot of losses.

HanTseng

HanTseng

AE Luver

• 335 posts

User's Awards

21    7    6    3   

Are small planes (An-2, Cessna caravan, etc.) worth getting? I tried to get them but they almost never make a profit and the highest I got was with the An-2 I got $42 profit but after maintenance it was still losing money! ( I always use economy only seating and I send the planes to airports with gate lease fees under $1,000)

No, you cannot lease your aircraft to other people to earn money. However, you can sell it on the used market.

Small planes are not worth getting in this game, since they will lose money, even with scam IFS. Try to get larger airplanes in the game

post-80164-0-49508800-1518631495.png

BV6atB1.png

vxfPiWg.png

Nick Art

Nick Art

Crouching Tiger

• 25 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Hi

I've been playing AE for half a year now and I've always played as realistic as I could (not spamming too many routes, having layouts with more than one inch seat space etc.) However, in the last few games I've always came across this one other airline that tried to simply push me out. Just now I'm playing based in Muscat and I have an opponent airline that is not only spamming routes, but also undermining prices constantly. And I'm not talking about 20$ less, but on a default 1000$ economy ticket they set it to 130 or less. I thought this couldn't be economic and tried pushing them out of my hub by not going down to the same price but for them to not get any passengers (I still got 100% occupancy with a much higher price). Now I don't know HOW, but the airline just overtook me in value and just keeps buying new planes and adding new routes and I think I won't be able to stay economical at my (rather high) comfort standard. Hence I would like to learn some other ways to play AE and maybe how to better react to such threats in the future.

Greetings

nick

Imperial%20Airways%20Banner.jpg?raw=1

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Hi

I've been playing AE for half a year now and I've always played as realistic as I could (not spamming too many routes, having layouts with more than one inch seat space etc.) However, in the last few games I've always came across this one other airline that tried to simply push me out. Just now I'm playing based in Muscat and I have an opponent airline that is not only spamming routes, but also undermining prices constantly. And I'm not talking about 20$ less, but on a default 1000$ economy ticket they set it to 130 or less. I thought this couldn't be economic and tried pushing them out of my hub by not going down to the same price but for them to not get any passengers (I still got 100% occupancy with a much higher price). Now I don't know HOW, but the airline just overtook me in value and just keeps buying new planes and adding new routes and I think I won't be able to stay economical at my (rather high) comfort standard. Hence I would like to learn some other ways to play AE and maybe how to better react to such threats in the future.

Greetings

nick

You are actually a more skilled player than this guy. Players like you are in very high demand. I will say though, your utilisation will give you trouble. If you are retaining load factor at much higher prices than the spamline, then you do not need to worry. See the avoiding a race to the bottom post I made earlier today. By some neat tricks, I avoided being sucked into an unprofitable race to the bottom with 2 spamlines on a route. Just persevere. I see you are getting reputation trophies. Keep it up :) .

You cannot deal with the threat from a spamline. A spamline will almost always make more money, it is exploiting every loophole in the AE system to make as much money as possible. No one likes them and running them gets a bit tiresome after a while, so basically you have the high ground on everything except the ranking :)  :lol: 

Nick Art

Nick Art

Crouching Tiger

• 25 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

You are actually a more skilled player than this guy. Players like you are in very high demand. I will say though, your utilisation will give you trouble. If you are retaining load factor at much higher prices than the spamline, then you do not need to worry. See the avoiding a race to the bottom post I made earlier today. By some neat tricks, I avoided being sucked into an unprofitable race to the bottom with 2 spamlines on a route. Just persevere. I see you are getting reputation trophies. Keep it up :) .

You cannot deal with the threat from a spamline. A spamline will almost always make more money, it is exploiting every loophole in the AE system to make as much money as possible. No one likes them and running them gets a bit tiresome after a while, so basically you have the high ground on everything except the ranking :)  :lol:

Yes, I must admit I did not know that the 4 hours that you can't assign an aircraft a day were only for maintenance, I used to think this was mandatory reserve time. I'm currently exactly trying to get my utilization below 15 hours and maybe even below 13 hours per day for each aircraft. Thanks for your tipps! Sadly, the spamline has now gone to offer 1000Y+ seats on 200-300 seats market at hilariously low prices and every time it gets pushed down by him I start loosing 100-150k per day on that route. This however does not apply to every route. But I think I can survive and even get a 20+ million profit per day from Maskat (Oman) with a 200 aircraft fleet. That isn't nearly as much as I'd get if I were the only airline operating from that airport but hey, it's something!

Imperial%20Airways%20Banner.jpg?raw=1

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

As long as you survive.

Hans.

Hans.

I just really like airplanes

• 188 posts

User's Awards

One solution if you keep running into heavy competition is to create a regional airline using smaller aircraft. You can keep your overall costs low, have more frequencies and create a successful airline by operating on lower-demand routes. You do have to be careful, as a large airline could come in and swamp your routes. But, in the long-run if you use your fleet wisely and keep your reputation up, you will probably do fine (especially since regional aircraft are cheaper to operate than larger jets and can make a profit on lower-demand routes. I tried creating larger airlines, but ran into a lot of competition from spam-lines.

Another idea is creating a niche airline which fills in the gaps left between larger competitors. Again, this usually takes the form of a regional airline and also can involve a lot of point to point routes instead of hub-and-spoke.

Best wishes! :)

uw_sig2.png

epic365pro

epic365pro

• 1 posts

I've got an airline in world S4E. Can you help me start up and teach me a few things?

I'll share my airline with you.

bos142

bos142

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

Hi Doc,

I have a question that has really been eating away at me, actually two. My first start up airline seems to be doing ok. I am currently at 85mil using only Boeing A/C in the mid 1960's. I don't have a lot of routes set up and only about 20 A/C. My question is about A/C configurations. I am starting to run into competing routes with people using 2-3 classes seating for pax. I am trying to figure out the best way to set up my A/C to compete with multiple class ratios' I have seen many charts and excels as well as read other peoples suggestions but I am not sure what would work. For example I am using 707-320C's for my long hauls. Research say's that its total capacity is 219 but in the true Boeing configuration is was set up at 194 pax. So my first question is; does anyone take into account leg room or are they just breaking up the total capacity and dividing it anyway they want. If so what is the best ratio? was trying to balance both but it doesn't seem possible. Secondly can you please explain IFE/IFS suggestions. I too do like the spammer methods nor do I want to be one. I was hoping to find a way to have a set based on a three tier system long, medium, and short hauls. It seems way to confusing with 3 options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then 5 options for pricing. Any help or suggestion would be helpful.

Thx

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

I've got an airline in world S4E. Can you help me start up and teach me a few things?

I'll share my airline with you.

I can help you out with that :)

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Hi Doc,

I have a question that has really been eating away at me, actually two. My first start up airline seems to be doing ok. I am currently at 85mil using only Boeing A/C in the mid 1960's. I don't have a lot of routes set up and only about 20 A/C. My question is about A/C configurations. I am starting to run into competing routes with people using 2-3 classes seating for pax. I am trying to figure out the best way to set up my A/C to compete with multiple class ratios' I have seen many charts and excels as well as read other peoples suggestions but I am not sure what would work. For example I am using 707-320C's for my long hauls. Research say's that its total capacity is 219 but in the true Boeing configuration is was set up at 194 pax. So my first question is; does anyone take into account leg room or are they just breaking up the total capacity and dividing it anyway they want. If so what is the best ratio? was trying to balance both but it doesn't seem possible. Secondly can you please explain IFE/IFS suggestions. I too do like the spammer methods nor do I want to be one. I was hoping to find a way to have a set based on a three tier system long, medium, and short hauls. It seems way to confusing with 3 options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then 5 options for pricing. Any help or suggestion would be helpful.

Thx

Well, about the capacities - you just sort of have to wing it. I personally never listen to guides, you just have to gain experience to get that - that's how I did it. Legroom, you just reduce the number of economy seats in the config is how I do it. BTW, don't use the -320C, it costs wayyyy to much more money to have any advantage (5 mins less turn time only), get the -320B. In terms of IFS - a lot of people have shared their ideas on the forums - just use the search bar, and you'll find plenty of ideas.

bos142

bos142

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

Hi Doc,

I have another question for you. is there a glitch or bug in the game referring to income. I notice that every few turns my income takes a huge hit even though all my routes are in the green and making a profit. It make much sense that I would drop 60K and drop to 47K in one turn.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Hi Doc,

I have another question for you. is there a glitch or bug in the game referring to income. I notice that every few turns my income takes a huge hit even though all my routes are in the green and making a profit. It make much sense that I would drop 60K and drop to 47K in one turn.

Income? If it was cash, that makes sense, your Maintenance, leasing, etc. are billed at the start of the month usually. Income, I don't know. Share your airline with me, and I can troubleshoot - 84154

bos142

bos142

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

Hi doc,

I have a question for you. I just discovered or so I think I have that discovered that you can put one plane on more than one route. I have a plane showing it goes from BOS to CHI to PHI the to BAL. Is this possible? and if so what would be the best way to set up or utilize such a route?

Thx Bos142

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

Hi doc,

I have a question for you. I just discovered or so I think I have that discovered that you can put one plane on more than one route. I have a plane showing it goes from BOS to CHI to PHI the to BAL. Is this possible? and if so what would be the best way to set up or utilize such a route?

Thx Bos142

Yes, that is possible, but for the most part it is more profitable to send the planes between just two destinations, especially at the beginning of the game, to use gates more efficiently. It is more effective to use all 50 slots at 2 airports than to use 25 slots at 4 airports, if that makes sense. 

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Yes, that is possible, but for the most part it is more profitable to send the planes between just two destinations, especially at the beginning of the game, to use gates more efficiently. It is more effective to use all 50 slots at 2 airports than to use 25 slots at 4 airports, if that makes sense. 

that is correct. The other thing is: if you wanted to fly a tiny plane across the atlantic and then on a bigger route, you could do JFK-Gander 1x or 2x weekly. Then Gander-LGW 1x or 2x weekly. Then LGW-DUB for the rest of the hours. However, this would only work in an open world of course :D

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

I have a plane showing it goes from BOS to CHI to PHI the to BAL. Is this possible? and if so what would be the best way to set up or utilize such a route?

Thx Bos142

If you are referring to the idea of chaining your routes together, i.e., BOS->CHI, CHI->PHI, PHL->BAL, then you build the routes in sequence one at a time, individually.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the fact that you already have the following routes in place: BOS->CHI, BOS->PHL, and BOS->BAL, AND your idea is to also connect CHI->PHL, CHI-BAL, PHI->BAL (i.e., all airports to each of the other airports, then build all possible route combinations using the same plane until you either run out of hours, or reach some preset limit for realistic play), then use the plane until filled, then use the next plane (unless you run out of planes to use, in which case order more)

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

If you are referring to the idea of chaining your routes together, i.e., BOS->CHI, CHI->PHI, PHL->BAL, then you build the routes in sequence one at a time, individually.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the fact that you already have the following routes in place: BOS->CHI, BOS->PHL, and BOS->BAL, AND your idea is to also connect CHI->PHL, CHI-BAL, PHI->BAL (i.e., all airports to each of the other airports, then build all possible route combinations using the same plane until you either run out of hours, or reach some preset limit for realistic play), then use the plane until filled, then use the next plane (unless you run out of planes to use, in which case order more)

That is correct.

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Motion to unpin this thread as OP is currently inactive and most who replied has no idea what themselves talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users