Photo

Gay Marriage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I dunno if we have a topic on this, or if it should go in the Closet Thread, but oh well.

Discuss.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

While generally I act 'For' gay marriage, My real view is simply that there is an inequality where one does not need to exist. Equally suitable, in my view, Would be to cease to recognize 'marriage' at all, for both straight people and gay people. Marriage then being a term thrown to having no protection - Want to get married to a watermelon? I'll marry you two for a fiver. Church wants to not marry gay people? That's fine, there'll be 15 more that do.

For tax breaks, government recognition and such, Everyone would get a 'civil partnership' [Term may be changed to sound nicer, however.], All existing marriages that the government recognizes would be transferred to a civil partnership, so there was no inconvenience for them.

Ignoring how much of a pain in the neck this would be to actually set up, I quite like it. It gives the religion freedom to maintain their discrimination with the word without having any real important effect. "Marriage is not a government issue" or whatever.

I have read that some in the Catholic Church (in the US) are considering something similar to that.

Generally, in the US, a couple obtain a marriage license from the civil government. Should they choose to, they go to a church and have a marriage ceremony performed. The minister signs the license, and (I believe) the couple then return that signed license to the civil authorities.

Some in the Roman Catholic are proposing that ministers no longer sign that civil document.
They would perform the sacrament of holy matrimony and then possibly issue their own "holy matrimony" certificate. That splits the civil and religious acts of marriage.

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

TheOmnipotentAmerican

TheOmnipotentAmerican

This Dude is Omnipotent

• 87 posts

While generally I act 'For' gay marriage, My real view is simply that there is an inequality where one does not need to exist. Equally suitable, in my view, Would be to cease to recognize 'marriage' at all, for both straight people and gay people. Marriage then being a term thrown to having no protection - Want to get married to a watermelon? I'll marry you two for a fiver. Church wants to not marry gay people? That's fine, there'll be 15 more that do.

For tax breaks, government recognition and such, Everyone would get a 'civil partnership' [Term may be changed to sound nicer, however.], All existing marriages that the government recognizes would be transferred to a civil partnership, so there was no inconvenience for them.

Ignoring how much of a pain in the neck this would be to actually set up, I quite like it. It gives the religion freedom to maintain their discrimination with the word without having any real important effect. "Marriage is not a government issue" or whatever.

This is almost word for word my views on the issue, if this can not be done then the 14th amendment SHOULD force the government to intervene.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-23338279

I thought this relevant

The Best Discord Server

Guest_MicroAttack_*

Guest_MicroAttack_*
  • Guests

i'm actually for gay marriage, you know, anything that makes people happy, makes people happy

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

i'm actually for gay marriage, you know, anything that makes people happy, makes people happy

About 50% of marriages in the US end in divorce.
So there is probably quite a bit of misery resulting from marriage....
;-)

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Misery loves company 

The Best Discord Server

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

But it also makes some people, for example a certain baptist church located in Kansas, very unhappy.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Mankind Rule #1

If someone likes something. There will always be dislikers

12ca1c99cc.png

TheOmnipotentAmerican

TheOmnipotentAmerican

This Dude is Omnipotent

• 87 posts

But it also makes some people, for example a certain baptist church located in Kansas, very unhappy.

Meh, black people being allowed to speak makes the KKK unhappy.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Indeed.

Although gay marriage/partnerships/presence on earth makes the WBC unhappy, I value their opinion below that of a newborn baby's.

Wilsberg

Wilsberg

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

Who cares, seriously, why do people get involved in other peoples private lives? They can stay in Kansas happily ever after with or without gay marriage. Look into other countries where this is simpley a non issue. In Germany, the mayor of Berlin is gay...the people voted for him anyway, the former mayor of Hamburg is gay, so there you have the 2 biggest german cities. The german secretary of foreign affairs is gay, and it's a non issue and I always have to smile, when he visits countries like Saudi Arabia.

Like someone posted before, "getting married to a watermelon", prooves the point of lack of education in the U.S., obviously you cant get married to objects or animals, neither should this be allowed or even discussed. But human beings are equal, regardless of gender, so whats the issue with gay marriage? There is none.

Stop caring what other people do in their bedrooms, because it is not affecting your regular way of live at all. Why americans can't get over it? The land of the "free" is on a tolerance level with Iran? Well, congratulations!

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Because God will smite thine vice with thoust force of one thousand suns D:<

Repent! Repent! The Rapture is neigh! 

The Best Discord Server

MarkATC4N64

MarkATC4N64

AE Player

• 82 posts

Gay in general is SICK, and against my religion. This country has really gone to the dogs with all of this stuff, now churches that were against are now for it, it really is a shame what it has become. Thats my thought on it.  

MarkATC4N64

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Who cares, seriously, why do people get involved in other peoples private lives? They can stay in Kansas happily ever after with or without gay marriage. Look into other countries where this is simpley a non issue. In Germany, the mayor of Berlin is gay...the people voted for him anyway, the former mayor of Hamburg is gay, so there you have the 2 biggest german cities. The german secretary of foreign affairs is gay, and it's a non issue and I always have to smile, when he visits countries like Saudi Arabia.

I'd just like to point out to you that you quoted me while responding to this, when really I was more arguing that 'it doesn't make everyone happy' than 'the WBC is right'.

Anyway, as I said, although it does make some people unhappy, I couldn't care less.

I am very much in favour of marriage equality, whether this equality is 'marriage for all' or 'civil unions for all' is of minor issue, however I'd rather 'marriage' as such was a legal thing entirely [for people of all sexual orientations], named as such with 'civil unions'.

Wilsberg

Wilsberg

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

Gay in general is SICK, and against my religion. This country has really gone to the dogs with all of this stuff, now churches that were against are now for it, it really is a shame what it has become. Thats my thought on it.  

And that is, without any offense, why the United States are not the land of the free, not the land of the brave and for many years, far from being the number 1 in the world. I know, for many americans this is hard to understand and even believe, but, welcome to reality guys. Because of attitudes like this, many people don't take you guys serious anymore. But there is a solution for you, many countries share your view! Ever considered moving to Belarus, Iran or Saudi Arabia? Just to name three. lol

Man, the society is changing, thats the benefit of a democracy, the majority decides, not the minority and if it is such a big problem, you should move to a country without democracy, lets see if you like that. Otherwise, you have no choice but respecting and tolerating the decision of the majority. You surely expect to practice your freedom of religion, right? It is silly to take something for granted, but don't grant freedoms to others. And of course you are entitled to your freedom of speech and express your opinion in places like here, without being worried about it. But surely, if you pull a quote like this in public, then intolerance could cost you the job, happens every day.

MarkATC4N64

MarkATC4N64

AE Player

• 82 posts

And that is, without any offense, why the United States are not the land of the free, not the land of the brave and for many years, far from being the number 1 in the world. I know, for many americans this is hard to understand and even believe, but, welcome to reality guys. Because of attitudes like this, many people don't take you guys serious anymore. But there is a solution for you, many countries share your view! Ever considered moving to Belarus, Iran or Saudi Arabia? Just to name three. lol

Man, the society is changing, thats the benefit of a democracy, the majority decides, not the minority and if it is such a big problem, you should move to a country without democracy, lets see if you like that. Otherwise, you have no choice but respecting and tolerating the decision of the majority. You surely expect to practice your freedom of religion, right? It is silly to take something for granted, but don't grant freedoms to others. And of course you are entitled to your freedom of speech and express your opinion in places like here, without being worried about it. But surely, if you pull a quote like this in public, then intolerance could cost you the job, happens every day.

No, but longggg ago the United states was the land of the free, now it's the land of the fruit loops that think being gay is ok. Yes the world is changing, but it is going DOWN hill not up hill. I will never accept it. You know gays have ways that i can't STAND. Gays really try to shove it down everyones throats and straight people with brains would not accept it. It is because of Obama that the world is like this today

MarkATC4N64

Wilsberg

Wilsberg

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

No, but longggg ago the United states was the land of the free, now it's the land of the fruit loops that think being gay is ok. Yes the world is changing, but it is going DOWN hill not up hill. I will never accept it. You know gays have ways that i can't STAND. Gays really try to shove it down everyones throats and straight people with brains would not accept it. It is because of Obama that the world is like this today

You are really funny, and obviously a helpless case. Well then, good luck with your attitude and be careful, all that anger could cause an early stroke or heart attack. Relaxing a little more would certainly help to prevent that.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

The Best Discord Server

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I honestly don't give a s***, but if I had to choose, I am pro as seeing a gay couple really doesn't make a difference, and they do have a right to pursue their happiness, whether I personally believe in it or not.

Signature%203.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users