Route Competition Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

nascar99

nascar99

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

User's Awards

I am in the S4 sandbox world and my Airline is Air Canada. I have been the only main airline flying in Canada for years and now an airline called Virgin Canada has emerged. To try and screw me up he opened up routes that I already fly to try and steal my customers and make me go out of business which probably wouldn't happen because I have $30,000,000,000. I have gone through my routes that we are competing for and I made my prices cheaper than his airline to regain my passengers. I have a feeling that this competing is never going to end until one of us goes out of business. Does anybody have any advise for competing with other airlines?

ytrenor

ytrenor

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

User's Awards

3    2    2   

That is part of the game. And it is the same in real life as well. You can't deny a new airline to get in the business. If you are the first on the route, check back often.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
Get over it, simple as :)

banner_signature_northern.png

nascar99

nascar99

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

User's Awards

yeah I have set my prices lower than theirs and hoping for the best. Thats all I can do. I guess I just got too used to not having any competition.

As97ir

As97ir

AE Player

• 25 posts

ive dealt with that , but my airline is usually based in Singapore , so i dont have to deal with local competitors , but i do have to deal with international competitors , to deal with them , keep lowering your prices until they pull out of your route. 

QDFXa.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

You're bigger and about 40 times more valuable so you can afford to lose a few dollars. I have a plan that will help you but I'm not posting it here where all of AE can see so if you give me shared or PM me I'll give it to you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users