36 replies to this topic

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
No, the new system aint realistic and stop comparing WN to AE...

Now, thats a pre-arranged agreement between Boeing and WN. I dont think any other airlines in the real world get more than 2-3 A320/B737s per month, and thats even considering buying the delivery slots.

Imagine if someone orders 20 A380s and gets them all delivered... is that realistic, considering its going to take around 6 or so months, in real life to build and delivery to an airline??

[Edited on 15-10-05 by Maestro69]

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
For a while there Southwest was getting at least 3 737-700's a month. At the same time Ryanair was getting 2-4 738's. Airbus used to deliver over 8-9 A320's per month and the orders are normally split up between the airlines. I don't remember seeing any airline getting more then 6 aircraft of the same type from one manufacturer (Airbus or Boeing) in a month. The other airlines would be up in arms over the delivery schedule.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by drv4truk
For a while there Southwest was getting at least 3 737-700's a month. At the same time Ryanair was getting 2-4 738's. Airbus used to deliver over 8-9 A320's per month and the orders are normally split up between the airlines. I don't remember seeing any airline getting more then 6 aircraft of the same type from one manufacturer (Airbus or Boeing) in a month. The other airlines would be up in arms over the delivery schedule.

Southwest got 7 in April. 4 from Boeing. 3 from ILFC. Its is realisitc. lets remember that the A380's order for the first few years are going to be mostly Emirates with 50+% of the current orderbook. And Slots for manufactuers are not a democracy with other airlines. First come first serve. Only the manufactuer would decide otherwise (maybe to prevent to much risk in their own new productions).

You guys just don't get it. unlike before. people can't do that unless their HUGE!!! Bigger than any airline in existance right now, and even then its realisitic. With the new (more correct) credit system one cannot do that. They must plan orders wisely and if they must, defer deliveries, to prevent from going into debt. No huge, huge orders in this game for some time (like year 25)

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts
galapagapop wrote:

Are you weak upstairs?

No not exactly, not to dishearten you but I am a mensa candidate.

galapagapop wrote:

A/C are delivered in this game by the month but its meant to simulate a/c being delivered through the month. B never has 2 737 deliveries in one day, unlike before.

Infact, you have contradicted yourself by this statement. 2 737 makes for 30 days ( though i doubt if they deliver on sat/sun on real life) 60 aircrafts. Now in AE if somebody orders 40 aircrafts and 15 others order balance 20 do you think AE simulates real life if it delivers this way. To get a better understanding of how real life deliveries and "Purchase contracts" are made please read these links and see for yourself that more than 2 planes manufactured per day is yet to be exceeded in real life and no boeing does not hand over its 60 at the end of the month to one company nor do real companies buy that way-they get into a purchase contract spread of years!!

http://www.jsda.or.j...2005080901).pdf
http://www.hindustan...43,00020016.htm

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by santanu
galapagapop wrote:

Are you weak upstairs?

No not exactly, not to dishearten you but I am a mensa candidate.

galapagapop wrote:

A/C are delivered in this game by the month but its meant to simulate a/c being delivered through the month. B never has 2 737 deliveries in one day, unlike before.

Infact, you have contradicted yourself by this statement. 2 737 makes for 30 days ( though i doubt if they deliver on sat/sun on real life) 60 aircrafts. Now in AE if somebody orders 40 aircrafts and 15 others order balance 20 do you think AE simulates real life if it delivers this way. To get a better understanding of how real life deliveries and "Purchase contracts" are made please read these links and see for yourself that more than 2 planes manufactured per day is yet to be exceeded in real life and no boeing does not hand over its 60 at the end of the month to one company nor do real companies buy that way-they get into a purchase contract spread of years!!

http://www.jsda.or.j...2005080901).pdf
http://www.hindustan...43,00020016.htm

You misunderstood buddy. I meant Boeing never deliveres 2 737 on one day in a month in real life. I was using this to say how the game pushes all deliveres that are supposed to be made over a month period to one day so 2 deliveries is actually not how it would work seeing as Southwest usually gets 3-4 737's a month, although they have been know to get more. But I mainly meant its inaccurate either way. But in real life if it was up to them they could get up to 24 (all 737's made that month if they were early enough) but they instead to spread out deliveries over months and years so not to over expand. THis is how people should learn to conduct their order practices. On a initial order of say 5 73G's they are in the back, they wait 2 hours and defer like 3 and push them to the back, then later you defer one more so instead of 5 coming at once you can get about 2 per month and 1 the last month. This is very realistic, as you get teh discount but you CAN decide when it comes.

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts

But in real life if it was up to them they could get up to 24 (all 737's made that month if they were early enough) but they instead to spread out deliveries over months and years so not to over expand.

Again you talk about real life without having an idea. Boeing normally at peak makes 2 aircrafts a day. If somebody wanted 40 aircrafts in one go then boeing has to stock aircrafts for 20 days!!! Besides hangar space the cost of inventory and delayed realization of money therein will make boeing go to chapter XI!!! You have any idea whats the 1 day finance cost ( cost of money) for Boeing? and you want them to carry extra 20 days finance cost!! LOL you are not in business are you?

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by santanu

But in real life if it was up to them they could get up to 24 (all 737's made that month if they were early enough) but they instead to spread out deliveries over months and years so not to over expand.

Again you talk about real life without having an idea. Boeing normally at peak makes 2 aircrafts a day. If somebody wanted 40 aircrafts in one go then boeing has to stock aircrafts for 20 days!!! Besides hangar space the cost of inventory and delayed realization of money therein will make boeing go to chapter XI!!! You have any idea whats the 1 day finance cost ( cost of money) for Boeing? and you want them to carry extra 20 days finance cost!! LOL you are not in business are you?

Boeing puts out at the max 1 aircraft a day, but its more along the lines of 1 for every 1.25 days. Hey Boeing gives those A/C up asap to avoid that, but in this game its done on the 1st of every month, unrealistic, I'm sure you'd agree, but its at least better now that airlines can get more than 2 A/C just like in real life (per month)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
You say that now. Until someone monopo;izes all of the delivery slots when they order 60 A320's or 60 Q400;s all at once to sell on the used market. ;) Last round there were a number of massive orders like this.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by drv4truk
You say that now. Until someone monopo;izes all of the delivery slots when they order 60 A320's or 60 Q400;s all at once to sell on the used market. ;) Last round there were a number of massive orders like this.

But he only holds the first 60 or whatever. The overflow will increase slots and soon he;ll be in debt and will have to sell planes with little markup.

[Edited on 10/16/2005 by galapagapop]

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
It doesn't matter to me right now because I am enjoying getting 4 large aircrfat at once, however I have noticed at least four airlines that are taking advantage of this combined with another known bug. I have u2u's Miller about this with no response, but I certainly don't want to put it out in the open for everyoine to see. Anyone notice how many brand new aircraft are on the used market?

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts
LOL! There is one Air Pimp peddling lots of new aircraft in the used market. Guess his business plan and name match up.

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
I ordered 2 Saab2000 last month and 2 the month before. Delivery was expected to be as follows:

Tonite at 00:00 UTC delivery of 2 aircraft
Tomorrow at 00:00 UTC delivery of 2 aircraft

However, at 00:00 UTC nothing happened except for the very few firsts slots in the waiting queue. I still had the same status as an hour before: 2 next month, 2 in 2 months. At that time, there were 4 pages in the waiting queue, I'm not sure if the last page was full or not. I was on page 2 and page 3.

At 01:00 UTC however, all 4 aircraft got delivered. At that moment, there were only 2 pages left in the waiting queue.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Check the other threads.

Database was down for 5 minutes and pushed the day change back an hour.

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
OK, I understand why it happened at 01:00 UTC, but why four planes, not two?

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Miller has removed the 2 per day cap.

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
I was on pages 2 and 3 (out of 4).

Afterwards, two pages were left waiting, but I got all four planes.

If 20 planes were delivered, that would have been pages 1 and 2. Even slightly more than 20 and I would not have gotten more than 2 planes. Considerably more than 20 planes delivered? Then there shouldn't be 2 pages still waiting after delivery.

I think something went wrong here, besides those 5 lost minutes.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
The first 20 aricraft on the first page + 10% of the backlog get delivered every month. So, if people have multiple orders, now they get them all delivered and more people are getting aircraft.

I believe in ur case, if someone infront have a huge order, it brought ur orders into the delivery and thus, u got ur plans delivered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users