Aircraft transfer between airports

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

karoue

karoue

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts

Hey,

I am sorry for the poorly chosen title, but I don't know how to describe my question in a better way. I also want to apologise for my English not being the best, but it isn't my mother tongue ;).

So here is what I am wondering about:

Assuming I set up a route from DRS to HHN, then it says "Route: DRS - HHN - DRS" when looking at a specific flight. So the plane flies to HHN and comes back to DRS.

But what happens if I set up another route for the same plane starting from a different airport, like DUS - BRE. I assume that the (empty) transfer from DRS to DUS uses up some of the aircrafts hours, but I would be happy if someone could confirm this.

I also wonder how things behave if I add a route from DRS to DUS. Since the route shows up as "DRS - DUS - DRS" I guess it wouldn't really change anything.

Long story short: Until now I tried to operate one plane from only one airport to avoid losing hours for transfers. This is not always convenient and sometimes I would like a plane to fly like from node to node, e.g. DRS - HHN - BRE - DUS and then maybe back to DRS. But if my assumptions above are right, I would lose a ton of hours.

So basically I just hope someone can clear things up, even if that would only mean to confrim my current estimate.

Thanks!

Great game by the way, thanks for offering something like this free of charge! :)

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
Just fit in a once weekly DRS-DUS or HHN-DUS and you'll be able to operate all the flights you want from any of the airports. This flight basically equals a ferry flight and won't take away so many of your aircraftsnhours, as it's only a short route. :)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Welcome to AE! :welcome:

But what happens if I set up another route for the same plane starting from a different airport, like DUS - BRE. I assume that the (empty) transfer from DRS to DUS uses up some of the aircrafts hours, but I would be happy if someone could confirm this.

I also wonder how things behave if I add a route from DRS to DUS. Since the route shows up as "DRS - DUS - DRS" I guess it wouldn't really change anything.

The game won't allow you to set up a disconnected route on the same aircraft, so like mxax said you will have to have at least 1 flight on DRS-DUS so that the schedule is physically connected. :)

-Newcdn

-Newcdn

• 514 posts

Welcome to AE! :welcome:

The game won't allow you to set up a disconnected route on the same aircraft, so like mxax said you will have to have at least 1 flight on DRS-DUS so that the schedule is physically connected. :)

There's a bug though.

Example:

I start DEL-BOM. Then, I add BOM-BLR and BLR-MAA. But then I remove the BOM-BLR segment. BLR-MAA segment remains unaffected, so the aircraft is flying the following two routes:

DEL-BOM and BLR-MAA. I don't think this is intentional. 

karoue

karoue

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts

Thanks for all the replies!

The game won't allow you to set up a disconnected route on the same aircraft, so like mxax said you will have to have at least 1 flight on DRS-DUS so that the schedule is physically connected.

Ah, so I guess whenever I recieve a "plane schedule incompatible" message that is because I do not have such a ferry flight?

Thanks for clearing things up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users