• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

raraoul

raraoul

AE Player

• 97 posts

User's Awards

Hi,

im in a realistic world (R5, Alitalia-KLM)  but im asking my self; i started in July 1992, now its around June 2001. So my airline is 9 years old, i have more than 1200 aircrafts (13 crj-100, the other 1200 are big jets from the a320 till the 777) and i make around 270 million profit a day. whats realistics on this view? i cant imagine any airline in the real world which have more than 1200 aircrafts in 9 years and which makes so much profit...

so i suggest that an airline would have more cost's to pay, it becomes more realistic and smaller airlines would have also a chance because now the competition is too big.

I am the biggest in europe and the third in the world with daily pax so i dont say this for improve my self but i like realism..

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

This is AE, this will always happen no matter of the charges, plus, if charges were risen, then everyone would moan about not being able to ever scrape a profit :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

raraoul

raraoul

AE Player

• 97 posts

User's Awards

i don't agree with you on that point. aviation is, like in the real world, heavy bussines. isn't it possible that there is at a point in the game that a economic crisis breaks out or that you as the CEO of your airline says how much money or how much percent of the profit to the safety of your airline goes. how more money, how safer, less problems. and if you invest less money or just 1 or 2 % or you profit in the safety the chanche of beiing hijacked or the chanche of a disaster improves.

i mean, those things are also very important factors in real life, why not in AE?

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Raraoul, you could impose operating constraints to temper your airline to operate more like a real airline.  Pick a favorite real world airline and and recreate its route network using the same aircraft that airline uses.  You can find periodic financial data for many of the world's airlines and their affiliates (to simulate their whole route network) online.  Aircraft utilization data is usually included along with, e.g. employee's salaries/aircraft, number employee's/aircraft, some will break down specific jobs/aircraft like:  pilots/aircraft, ground crew/aircraft, cabin crew/aircraft, etc.  This would certainly challenge you.

Smaller airlines can survive if they don't try to jump routes of large carriers while their airline is still an infant. That likely will trigger junk ticket prices and oversaturating demand with excessive seats...(as if many don't do this already to try to thwart competition from establishing operations).  ;)  The worlds are long...the challenge for the small guys is to take advantage of routes not being served and adjust their fleets to provide reasonable service, e.g. many routes may be available on lower demands of say 125-400 seats, but small-timers shouldn't try to build a fleet of  wide bodies to serve those routes.  A quality 90 - 160 seater will do just fine until they've the resources to afford the onslaught of entering large markets.  (It works for me.  :) )

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
You could try not to force passengers in tiny conpartements with horrendous prices for awful food and without entertainment. Pick a realistic configuration (seatguru shows them quite well along with the pitch), it will most likely have less than 2/3 the seats of crammed configs. Quality ifs with acceptable food for low prices/nothing also decrease your profit margin. Now make your employees happy by making them work less and earn more, perhaps even a profit share. Then, as others have noted, you could try not to expand whenever possible (e. g. not serve ORD-LGA, -EWR, -JFK, MDW-LGA, -EWR, -JFK) and keep your aircraft families down to a reasonable number, like not ordering 727, Trident and Tu-154 at the same time.

Apart from that I'd like to see higher costs for bigger airlines than for smaller ones. That would at least partly stop the exponential growth of airlines.

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Pick a realistic configuration (seatguru shows them quite well along with the pitch), it will most likely have less than 2/3 the seats of crammed configs.

Especially the long range haulers...

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   
>>>>
Apart from that I'd like to see higher costs for bigger airlines than for smaller ones. <<<<<<

This would appear to be somewhat counter-realistic.

Higher costs over all due to size but not higher costs per widget.

Large airlines would presumably be able to order/buy things in bulk, and therefore likely receive better pricing than a small carrier might.
Economies of scale.

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

in the real world airlines would turn a negative profit every 3 or 4 years and the years they do profit it is with a 2-3% profit margin. Ryanair has the largest profit margin in the world (in recent years) and it's average profit margin is between 7-9% (I think)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Basically AE relies upon people creating reasonably sized airlines, which simply does not happen

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

You wanna be realistic, use proper IFS, use realistic utilization not maxed out, and dont use max configs use real world ones.

ADWAM.png

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

You wanna be realistic, use proper IFS, use realistic utilization not maxed out, and dont use max configs use real world ones.

Real world Boeing 737-800:
http://www.seatguru....ing_737-800.php
189 economy seats
That's more seats than I've ever put on a game world 737-800.
It's also the maximum allowed in AE.

http://www.seatguru....g_737-800_B.php
16 first, 18 economy plus, 126 economy
This cannot be replicated in AE - most that fit is 16F, 18C, 120Y.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Some real world airlines do 'max it' though :/

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

189 economy seats

This is a very 'compact' config as I have personal experience with it but is completely viable and should be kept that way in game, this is the same with many other aircraft.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

189 economy seats

http://www.seatguru....g_737-800_B.php
16 first, 18 economy plus, 126 economy
This cannot be replicated in AE - most that fit is 16F, 18C, 120Y.

well frankly 16F 18C 120Y sucks. so you might as well make it 16C 138Y 

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
Of coirse there are real airlines that actually fit economy seats to the maximum in their aircraft, especially so-called "low-cost-airlines" that offer low prices in exchange for nonexistent service. But I have yet to see a longhaul 747 with more than 500 seats in a three-class-layout (or any longhaul aircraft with a similarly crammed config).
@ar: I'd make 16F/C 18Y+ 126Y to 16C 144Y in AE. Just add the Y+ to the normal Y.

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

But I have yet to see a longhaul 747 with more than 500 seats in a three-class-layout (or any longhaul aircraft with a similarly crammed config).

How about 500+ seats in two-class for 9 hours flight? 

Lion Air runs 9 hours CGK-JED (4955NM) daily flight with two-class config (22C/484Y)Boeing 747-400.

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

How about 500+ seats in two-class for 9 hours flight? 

Lion Air runs 9 hours CGK-JED (4955NM) daily flight with two-class config (22C/484Y)Boeing 747-400.

Well that is a Hajj Charter is it not? Those are generally very Y heavy. Anyway, you can always make your own configs to constraint yourself and use luxury products e.g. 34" Y, oman air J etc

Keelung

Keelung

Founder of Air Formosa

• 138 posts

User's Awards

Maybe we can set up a specific AE world for this, the "f$%king" hard world where fuel fluctuates according to historical figures and maybe even future projections and passengers would rather opt to take another airline if your planes are too crammed.

Edited by Keelung, 03 March 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Air Formosa - Aero
Air Formosa lite logo
Aero

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

but fuel costs different amounts in every country...huge data collection task.

Keelung

Keelung

Founder of Air Formosa

• 138 posts

User's Awards

Simple, just choose the most expensive and tag the oil price to that historical data  :P

Air Formosa - Aero
Air Formosa lite logo
Aero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users