Pages take too long to change.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Well, I'm running 40 speed Inet.  And it still takes too long to change pages.  Arduously slow if you ask me. It just pits a damper on the game. On top of that I get web page not available everytime I go back to the previous page.  And hangs for 5 minutes while routes update. Sometimes i refresh the page and it fixes it.  I'm  close to reaching my I'm irritated limit.  Nobody wants shorter games.  When one game of 20 years would be just fine.   So I might be laying off for a while.  until this gets faster.   Other then that . Airline sims are great.  God Speed. 

RVN

RVN

• 6 posts
Same here, but my internet speed is fine. Maybe the AE servers take too much time to process the route updates?

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

I haven't been on AE in over a week due to a school project, but I've noticed that there are no more errors or long load times. You could be loading exceptionally heavy routes, which always take a while. Alternatively, your internet service/browser is clogging something up. Try running a speed test (http://www.speedtest.net) to see what your speed is locally.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Todd4922

Todd4922

• 3 posts

User's Awards

It has nothing to do with the internet connections.  No matter where I play this (home, work, school) and no matter which computer I use, it's always very slow.  Sometimes it's so frustrating waiting I just want to quit all together.  I just think they don't have the server capacity to handle everything.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

It has nothing to do with the internet connections.  No matter where I play this (home, work, school) and no matter which computer I use, it's always very slow.  Sometimes it's so frustrating waiting I just want to quit all together.  I just think they don't have the server capacity to handle everything.

Do some pages load significantly slower than others (saving large routes, changing aircraft...), or is it the same everywhere?

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Sorry. You should allow people to delete posts.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Its worse when there is a bunch of airlines that have all varied prices .   And you make a change. Even a small one.  But generally. Every page is too slow. It dont matter what you do.  Any change you make  drags out. . As far as loading exceptionally heavy routes.  They are all exceptionaly heavy . After 20 years.   Its just not worth the effort to play a 40 year game.   I'm sitting on about 250 brand new Canadair , Britannia , L188,  Ilushyn, Tupolev, turboprops .  And I,m not going to place them.     It takes too long.  It took too long a few weeks ago.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Its worse when there is a bunch of airlines that have all varied prices .   And you make a change. Even a small one.  But generally. Every page is too slow. It dont matter what you do.  Any change you make  drags out. . As far as loading exceptionally heavy routes.  They are all exceptionaly heavy . After 20 years.   Its just not worth the effort to play a 40 year game.   I'm sitting on about 250 brand new Canadair , Britannia , L188,  Ilushyn, Tupolev, turboprops .  And I,m not going to place them.     It takes too long.  It took too long a few weeks ago.

Does "every page" include loading the seat configuration page, the IFE/IFS pages, return gates, etc?

In any case I've made some changes over the past 2 days or so. Let me know if things improve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users