* * * * * 2 votes AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Keelung

Keelung

Founder of Air Formosa

• 138 posts

User's Awards

I was wondering if we can actually set up catering companies and maintenance companies through our own airlines like major carriers do in the real world. We will be able to save costs on our catering and maintenance expenses and offer these services to other airlines. I think maintenance should remain flawless (unless we set up a crash system), while airlines can compete in catering services through prices and quality of ingredients used, staff expertise et cetera which would affect the customers' satisfaction of the meal. If airlines set up catering and/or maintenance subsidiaries at airport A, they would only be able to use their own service at A and will have to opt for other companies at other location unless they open one there as well. Slots should be allocated to these services. For example, a catering company can only handle a definite number of first class meals, business class meals and economy respectively, unless it is expanded. Same goes for maintenance services, with a X number of (size) hangers would only be able to handle fixed number of narrow bodies of certain class, fixed number of wide bodies or a mix. Airlines can choose to offer any number of slots  to other airlines regardless of whether they can handle their own if they find it financially beneficial to opt for default. These  companies can also be sold on the market with prices determined by AE so no airline can cheat in the game. It would also be great if we can sell individual hangers or plants like we do with terminals. These companies, like aircraft, when left idle would lose money (payment of salary and taxes etc.) . It should cost hundreds of millions or even billions so that it would only be financially beneficial in the long run (5~10 years) to allow the market to be regulated not saturated. I guess this addition would make the game a whole lot interesting and realistic!

Air Formosa - Aero
Air Formosa lite logo
Aero

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

an idea for AE4...

KJS607

KJS607