Photo

I'm finally going to get faster intenet.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I have been getting scammed by  the local DSL group in town.  For over 10 years.  :( Centel 1.5.   Tomorrow,  I'm getting  cable, 10 times faster and 20 $ cheaper a month.  15 mbps.  Maybe I wont have to wait 5 minutes to change prices on a route.   Or get router timeouts. :) . I think it ads 10 knots to all aircraft too. ;)

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

I feel your pain. Unfortunately, I'm stuck for the time being with a rather pathetic Virgin Mobile Broadband USB modem. Even trying to change configs takes forever...imagine what it's like to schedule or adjust a route! Oh wait...you already know. :lol:

call14

call14

CEO of Macaronesian Airlines

• 193 posts

User's Awards

4          2   

I have been getting scammed by  the local DSL group in town.  For over 10 years.  :( Centel 1.5.   Tomorrow,  I'm getting  cable, 10 times faster and 20 $ cheaper a month.  15 mbps.  Maybe I wont have to wait 5 minutes to change prices on a route.   Or get router timeouts. :) . I think it ads 10 knots to all aircraft too. ;)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees

balotelli-camiseta.jpg

UbtHCg2.gif

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Well...seems my problems are by design of Virgin mobile:  "Virgin Mobile reserves the right, without notice, to temporarily limit throughput speeds when monthly data usage on the $50 Broadband2Go Plan exceeds 2.5GB. You will continue to have access to Broadband2Go service but maximum speeds may [WILL!] be limited to 256 kilobits per second or [DEFINITELY!] below for the remainder of your monthly plan cycle. During this time, you may [WILL DEFINITELY!] experience [EXTREMELY!] slower page loads, file downloads and degraded streaming media. Throughput speeds will be restored when a new Broadband2Go Plan is purchased."

My plan provides for 5GB monthly.  I s'pose this tactic exists to force me to purchase another $55 plan before the month is up, if 2.5GB is exceeded, if I want faster speeds again before I've used all 5GB within the month.  What a crock.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Centel throttles me too. If I  get  big files 

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

I got Verizon FIOS.......nothing beats it........i think it is 25mbps or some such, fastest they have anyway........downloading 4 gig games is a snap.

But even I have to wait forever for routes to update if the route is spammed to heck and beyond. O1 is horrible with the spammers there, I have basically given up adjusting routes, every route is almost a certain Gateway timeout.

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Howdy, 'Acr.  I finally gave in and purchased a $35 plan...just to be able to make those adjustments.  I won't be with VirginMobile much longer...there's no honor nor fairness with this practice clearly designed to force me to pay more or find an alternative that doesn't exist right now where I live.  $90 to achieve what my $55 should have.  I won't forget. 

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Howdy, 'Acr.  I finally gave in and purchased a $35 plan...just to be able to make those adjustments.  I won't be with VirginMobile much longer...there's no honor nor fairness with this practice clearly designed to force me to pay more or find an alternative that doesn't exist right now where I live.  $90 to achieve what my $55 should have...I won't forget. 

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I feel you. Same here . Everythings $90.    There's two providers here.       The DSL is the phone company.  They only go to 5 mbps.   They are  jacking a lot of people for two phone lines to have internet only. Who don't know they can get it with one line.   Its about $90. $55 for 1.5 . with no house phone.  Then you need a cell .  The other was the old Adelphia cable company.   Which jacks people too.  They charge $15 more for analog cable over digital And its half the channels.  Because you get over the air channels.  Now they are Time Warner.   And their service sucks.  But they got the high speed now. 

I need it to talk to my girl.  Until I get here here. 

Soon as I move . Theres  real cable there. ATT Uverse. with that fiberoptic wire.    But thats about 4 months out.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

I use clearwire 4G WiMax wireless internet, $40/month for unlimited usage

Clearwire 4G WiMAX Internet Access - packages

Guest_Canaeda!_*

Guest_Canaeda!_*
  • Guests

Last year, we tried SaskTel Internet, but the so-called "4G-LTE" is not enough fast in our area, Saskatoon, just only reaching 1mbps. Now, we tried Shaw, and, it speeds up life for about 20+ mpbs. 

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

3 YEARS LATER

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

To be fair, he's in Saskatchewan.  I think it's still 2013 over there.  :P

Berubium.png

Guest_Canaeda!_*

Guest_Canaeda!_*
  • Guests
Nope. It's basically 2010 here when 20mpbs of internet is emerging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users