• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Boeing Dreamliner incidents raise concerns about jet
http://finance.yahoo...8--finance.html

First an electrical fire,  Now a fuel leak ?!

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

A350 will reign, boeing suck :/

ADWAM.png

Concagh98

Concagh98

CEO of BUA Group

• 145 posts

Not Necessarily. The DC-10 (Death Coffin Mark10) was very successful.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

A350 will out match the 787 with future airlines but airlines with the 787 will stay with it.

Signature%203.png

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

The 787 is a revolutionary new product. Like every other revolutionary new product, there will be issues. Boeing will fix them and everyone will be happy again.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

That is the most bs opinion I've ever heard. Maybe.

Just because a brand new product has a few bugs doesn't make it a piece of garbage. If that were the case, say goodbye to almost all the advances we've made since the industrial revolution. :P

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Hydrogeek

Hydrogeek

• AE Moderator
  • 235 posts

There is more room to grow the '87, it'll compete head to head with the A350 by the time they both are fully rolled out.

SkyGroup Admin

[/size]

AE Global Moderator

our beautiful little girl Brooke Renée was born 10/15/12 @ 4:49 PM! She's currently over 17 38 pounds and counting and 4 years old!  :wub:

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

ha-ha-ha oh-wow

From what I've seen of A350 mockups, the thing looks pretty horrible - If that's the future of aviation, perhaps looking into trainspotting is a good idea... :/

The A350 is basically a mix of all the other Airbus planes. It's not original. It's not revolutionary. All it is is an attempt to compete with Boeing.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Sensational news reporting.  Every new airplane is lucky to get off the Airport.  I remember new Airbuses that were lucky to roll back three meters without getting a  farging  warning  light.  For over a damn year.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Japanese airlines ground Dreamliners after emergency landing
news.yahoo.com ana operated boeing 787 makes emergency landing smoke

quote "TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's two leading airlines grounded their fleets of Boeing 787s on Wednesday
after one of the Dreamliner passenger jets made an emergency landing, the latest and most serious
in a series of incidents to heighten safety concerns over a plane many see as the future of commercial aviation."

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

Japanese airlines ground Dreamliners after emergency landing
news.yahoo.com ana operated boeing 787 makes emergency landing smoke

quote "TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's two leading airlines grounded their fleets of Boeing 787s on Wednesday
after one of the Dreamliner passenger jets made an emergency landing, the latest and most serious
in a series of incidents to heighten safety concerns over a plane many see as the future of commercial aviation."

You'll note that in a report by CNN, United pilots said that all new planes have teething problems over the first few years, the 787 especially because of its radical new design.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I think that if these issues are not minimized in the next year then really only current 787 flying airlines will add more and all new airlines will mainly look to the A350.

Signature%203.png

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I might be one of the biggest Airbus/Bombardier fanboys out there.. :P I truly do feel bad for Boeing though, the 787 program was a pretty epic new revolutionary program that only kept having set backs, arguably caused by Boeing management. The FAA grounding the plane has to be one of the biggest set backs to any aircraft manufacturer, so I wish Boeing the best of luck in repairing the battery problems.

R6 - NSW Airlines

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

After another emergency, FAA grounds Boeing 787s
news.yahoo.com another emergency faa grounds boeing 787s

Scratch the 787 off of your aircraft lists (put a fork in 'er) because it is done (let the cancellations begin)

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

After another emergency, FAA grounds Boeing 787s
news.yahoo.com another emergency faa grounds boeing 787s

Scratch the 787 off of your aircraft lists (put a fork in 'er) because it is done (let the cancellations begin)

Would you shut your defeatist talk? I find it utterly degrading and ultra-biased without even looking at the whole picture.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts

Agreed.  Why are we attacking a stupid reputation of an airplane that was just recently rolled out.  If 717-200s just started exploding in midair, then you can, but the 787 was just recently produced.  Stop being Airbus fanboys and let it fold out.  I love both Boeing and Airbus (and yes, Embraer and Bombardier and the rest too), and quite frankly, being biased just makes you seem really ignorant when you just assume that because there was a malfunction the airplane is a stupid pile of scrap metal that should be grounded immediately.

WRONG.

Everything has glitches.  Murphy's law exists- not everything will go perfectly right.  The 787 and A350 both are amazing aircraft that have and will revolutionize aviation.  However, both aircraft have experienced issues ranging from pretty minor, to major, in the case of the current 787 one.  LOOK AT BOTH SIDES PEOPLE.

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Hope not serious.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

No-one will cancel unless something major crops up between now and the end of the FAA's review (e.g. they decide an overhaul of the design of the electronic systems is required, or similar. Highly unlikely).

The 787 is a fantastic aircraft and I'm sure the airlines know and appreciate its economics, to cancel orders over what I understand to be rectifiable issues would be stupid - especially seeing as so many airlines have pinned their future success to this one aircraft (JAL and ANA spring immediately to mind).

What this will do, however, is push the break-even marker on the project to above the recently projected 1,500 frames - although I'm sure that's achievable over the next 20+ years it's likely to be in production.

People were saying the same thing about the A380 when one of its engines exploded, instead of a surge in cancellations - they're now looking at a stream of huge orders about to roll in (Turkish, Emirates, 'unidentified' South American and South East Asian carriers. My money's on LATAM and Garuda Indonesia personally, I'm sure Garuda could come to an arrangement to buy A380s in return for lucrative EU flying rights - alas, I digress).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users