Photo

What is the phrase "Scam IFS" referring to ?

R4 O2

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

With scam ifs, you can profit with $1 fares on these super-short-haul routes, creating an effectively unlimited revenue source.
Ryanair does it... :whistling:

After reading this, I wonder how is it possible to get $100 mill or more in daily profit? For example, I am based in Copenhagen for R5 and pretty much covered quite a lot of 'profitable' airports and DOP is at a mere 27 million...Thats is WITH Scam IFS, because if i do the initial plan of full-service, then it bankrupts my airline becaue of overheads...I mean there are still ofcourse lots of routes I havent discovered, however mainly are small airports. I guess it depends on where you are based?

What is the phrase "Scam IFS" referring to ?

Examples (screenshots) would be nice

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

a real life example to you http://www.ryanair.com/en

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Scam IFS refers to charging max amount for every single thing on the list. Nothing is free, 15 dollar newspapers etc. Can add millions to your cash flow.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Scam IFS refers to charging max amount for every single thing on the list. Nothing is free, 15 dollar newspapers etc. Can add millions to your cash flow.

But dont your routes then lose money if you only charge $1 ?

Basicaly, does this work, and is this ok by Yuxi (not a cheat) ?

ryanair.com TABLE OF OPTIONAL FEES

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Yuxi could care less, but you make a lot of enemies if you're a flooding troll using ScamIFS to make profit.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
I have never dropped my prices. At the start of a game, I have used ScamIFS in addition to default prices to gain the cash flow. But I slowly start backing it off. Not always, I do have airlines that are basically on autopilot I never ripped it off of.

Dropping prices to 1 buck will most assured grab the attention of people, and not in a good way. We share routes, I would be extremely displeased if this tactic is used.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Yuxi could care less, but you make a lot of enemies if you're a flooding troll using ScamIFS to make profit.

So how many daily flights (daily = 7 weekly) per route would ScamIFS be ok on ?
(to avoid making lots of enemies)

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Heck as long as you are not effecting them price wise or load wise, go for it. As in there are 1000Y pax on a route per day, someone else has 700 of them, you put 300 seats on the route, the other guy will be uneffected by your move. Go over demand and he gets effected, but if he is using a decent IFS, you might have to lower prices to grab pax.

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
I move over 1 million passengers a day, and "ScamIFS" only adds $50M to my bottom line every month--a mere 0.6%.

Guest_Gareth_*

Guest_Gareth_*
  • Guests
Basically scam ifs is just ripping off you passengers.

767holic

767holic

AE Know It All

• 225 posts

User's Awards

3    4         
For Me,Scam IFS is good when you're starting a airline,were the profit is the first,not the quality. After your airline stable enough,then create a new IFS that more better in it's quality(My biggest airline had green IFS reputation on Business and First. Yellow for Economy Class).

Scam IFS is very effective if you open a route with large competition and very low prices. Beside that,i think Scam IFS is more better than didn't have any IFS.(yes with scam IFS,you could get "bit" IFS reputation. More better than didn't use any IFS that results your IFS reputation empty.) At least Scam IFS could be a great weapon when againist a airline that not using IFS.

But,after my Airline stable.i prefer not to use scam IFS anymore. If your airline very stable,why still using Scam IFS?

"Managing a real world airline is not as easy as you play Airline Empires. Real world airline are more and much more complicated"

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I move over 1 million passengers a day, and "ScamIFS" only adds $50M to my bottom line every month--a mere 0.6%.

Now you see, scamifs is commonly used among realistic/quality airlines. This 'mere 0.6%' isn't much of an impact for your spamlines, but in an airline where everything else is realistic/quality, it can easily be 5-10%.
Furthermore, if scamifs is not being used, there tends to be additional IFS in place, which costs money.
It earns me 30m/month on this http://ae31.airline-...3rd&player=3891 , with all Y IFS as scam. (Reason for using scam being it's a largely abandoned airline)

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
AE Routes.ods - OpenOffice.org Calc (IFS Sheet)

Number (1~5) is the Meal Option Level

My attempt to wring more profit out of my airline

(First $ below "Meal Option" is Meal Option Level cost , Second $ down below "Meal Option" is the Price that is set , Third $ down below "Meal Option" is the profit level)

The "Official U.S. Time" in my Signature is so I can keep track of AE (UTC) Time (the setting is adjustable to different time zones & 12-hr or 24-hr)

Posted Image

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
I only use scam at the start, and when im in financial difficulty. using it all the time is just silly

ADWAM.png

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
I stopped using it as it was unprofitable

TheSamoloot

TheSamoloot

AE Player

• 55 posts

User's Awards

Well, 40 million / month just from IFS ... Good money tbh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R4, O2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users