Photo

can't make money to expand

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

vegasairport

vegasairport

• 5 posts
Can somebody give me some helpfull tips to use. I'm new here to since a month. I play in several worlds and i'm doing well with my airlines. Making a lot of profit, new routes, new planes ect ...

When R4 restarted i started a new airline there too. But i can't make profit there, can't expand ... i'm doing the same like in the other worlds. After 2 days i saw a lot of players their airline was getting bigger and bigger, they order new big planes, because there are no old planes yet too lease. I can't :-(. I started a HQ in a medium airport in US, and i'm a marketleader on my routes i have. I have a DO of 435 869 $ but it's not enough, but i can't make more money, whatever i do. So my question is ... how do other players that when everybody start in a reseted world with one plane?

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      
What was your starting aircraft? Some are better than others in terms of profitability. If your costs are too high, as a last-ditch effort you can pay all of your employees minimum wage ($7) and leave 0% reserves. Also, take out 1 or 2 $5 million bonds; they'll give you cash to expand, but make sure to always have around $5-7 million around so you don't go bankrupt. Also, you can try adjusting your routes to get new ones that have the same profitability, but with lower gate leasing costs.

vegasairport

vegasairport

• 5 posts
B737-300 was the one that i started with

vegasairport

vegasairport

• 5 posts
I just don't understand that people who start in ORD, JFK or LHR can grow so fast after 2 days or something

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      
I looked at your airline. Keep your fleet to one type in the beginning. That will save you money on maintenance. Get rid of your Ilyushin IL-62M; Russian planes tend to be more expensive to maintain and use so I avoid using them until later in the game. Also, the IL-62M has a 25% depreciation rate! That means the plane loses 1/4 of its value every year. I'd stick to the Boeing 737-300 because it's a great worker and its costs are low. Even if you can order just one and keep the profits and money flowing in, you'll be able to create a snowball effect and purchase more and bigger planes. Later on, buy planes when you can. Also, keep IFS and IFE low if you're struggling with profitability and add it later. I'm sure that the airlines that are growing fast have no IFS or IFE and they'll be able to maximize profit margins on routes. You'll grow slowly, but if you're patient, you can excel in game worlds!

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      
The reason, I think, that those airlines grow fast is because they only lease 2 gates, and therefore they can keep their costs down. Because LHR-CDG can have over 2,000 pax a day, it's really cost efficient to have just 2 leased gates instead of 5-10. Like I said, stick with the 737-300, it will serve you well.

vegasairport

vegasairport

• 5 posts
Ok thanks a lot, i will try these things now, and i hope i'm not going to fail :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users