dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
eh, his fault.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Slightly off topic, but within the last week or so the IRA have decomissioned their arms, which is a great step forward.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

Originally posted by piercey
Whoever did this should be shot. I have friends in NYC, dammit.

My DAD WORKS IN NYC! If he died......................................................

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
you'd be...

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
Note, I am NOT SUPPORTING terrorism but I would like to point out that there's more bin laden than just that one terrorist. The rest of the family builds airports (and other stuff):

http://www.windsofch...ives/006546.php
http://www.sptimes.c...n_busines.shtml

No, I am in no way affiliated to the AE-airline mentioned nor are they friends as far as I know. Just putting things in perspective.

What do you think about http://www.kla.org, do they refer to the Kosovo Liberation Army, or to the Kansas Livestock Association ? What if a contestant would like to use Air Lithuania (KLA) ? There are many more examples.

In Polynesian mythology, Ira is the sky goddess and mother of the stars. A suitable name for an airliner, unless you happen to think of the Irish Republican Army which may very well be known by another name (in another language than english). And what about http://www.ira.com "Individual Retirement Account/ Annuity (IRA)". If yanks can use this abbreviation, why can't others? They don't even acknowledge the existance of the sixth IRA.

And so on.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
well......I wouldn't be able to live here anymore, nor would........actually, a lot of things wouldn't happen.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts

Originally posted by StephenM
Slightly off topic, but within the last week or so the IRA have decomissioned their arms, which is a great step forward.

true! now, if only that earthquake had crushed Bin Laden:(

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
what about tsunami air? or Bomb air? or JI-air? ... we need to curb what names people use.

[Edited on 9-10-2005 by dyson_151_15]

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

Originally posted by dyson_151_15
what about tsunami air? or Bomb air? or JI-air? ... we need to curb what names people use.

Tsunami: probably right. Bomb air could refer to Bombay. And I really wouldn't know why JI-air would be a problem. It probably is when you know what JI stands for but this is a mistake I could easily have made myself.

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
JI - Jemiah Islamah
or what about alquida air?

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

JI - Jemiah Islamah

Ack. My point is: would you accuse me of bad behaviour should I have founded Jet India Air ?

This is the USA spelling of Al Qaeda? I wouldn't know what more it means but I am sure it means something, somewhere, different than what you associate it with.

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
Watchdog, just so you know i'm not changing my airline name just to please you. PIMP's are a reality now days, and everyone knows about them, its not like you have saint ears or something.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Originally posted by QUEPASO?
Watchdog, just so you know i'm not changing my airline name just to please you. PIMP's are a reality now days, and everyone knows about them, its not like you have saint ears or something.

hahahaha I was not refering to you at all.

Names like Penthouse / Pimp and many others are OK in my view....

Just dont like people taking the MICKEY out of world distasters.

Like it wouldnt be nice for Watchdog to change its name to.

The Asian Tsunami Airlines

Thats my point and view........

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts

Originally posted by highspeed

JI - Jemiah Islamah

Ack. My point is: would you accuse me of bad behaviour should I have founded Jet India Air ?

This is the USA spelling of Al Qaeda? I wouldn't know what more it means but I am sure it means something, somewhere, different than what you associate it with.

1) no, because you would type out the name in FULL.
2) yes.

SpencerW

SpencerW

• 2 posts
I think its funny how bent out of shape you guys get over this kind of stuff.;)

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
And you are cool? Innocent People DIED, and you just laugh at them for blown up! Not Cool.

[Edited on 13-10-2005 by dyson_151_15]

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
There has to be a limit though, but those stupid airline names should be banned.

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
there must.

SpencerW

SpencerW

• 2 posts

Originally posted by dyson_151_15
And you are cool? Innocent People DIED, and you just laugh at them for blown up! Not Cool.

[Edited on 13-10-2005 by dyson_151_15]

What I'm saying is, you guys are making a big deal out of a line of text. Just leave 'em alone. Its not like they're posting this stuff all over the boards and shoving it in your face.

Sometimes you just have to ignore things. There's gonna be people out there that will try to shock you and go against your beliefs, and it doesn't do anybody any good to go ballistic every time you see something that upsets you.;)

[Edited on 10/14/2005 by SpencerW]

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Listen, if he had F*** You Airlines, I wouldn't care. The game changes when you have friends and family in NYC on 9/11 working in a building crtically damaged by the attacks and then we will talk about getting bent out of shape about this. :mad:

btw: hope a huge rock forced Osama into a slow and painful death during that earthquake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users