Photo

A world that does not restart (all aircraft available all the time)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: A world that does not restart (all aircraft available all the time) (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you play in this world ?

1. Voted Yes (13 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

2. No (12 votes [48.00%])

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
A world that does not restart (all aircraft available all the time)

- World would not restart
- No start / end year as this world would be endless

- Aircraft delivery times based on real world time **
- Aircraft age based on real world time **
- All aircraft available in game would be available all the time

- 1 Airline per user

- max 1 airline per player
- 1 game month / day
- Maximum 1,000 Airlines (for more competition between airlines)

- No Political Restrictions

- each person starts with $1,000,000 but with no aircraft

** Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
en.wikipedia.org - Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

- Maximum 5,000 Airlines (for more competition between airlines)

O_O

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

5000 airlines with realistic airline delivery slots = bullsh*t. You'll get 100000000000000000000069 complaints. Also, heck a lot of data collecting, reasearching very single aircraft as well as finding out when production ramps up etc etc.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

- Maximum 5,000 Airlines (for more competition between airlines)
O_O

so would 1,000 airlines work ?

5000 airlines with realistic airline delivery slots = bullsh*t. You'll get 100000000000000000000069 complaints. Also, heck a lot of data collecting, reasearching very single aircraft as well as finding out when production ramps up etc etc.

There is a need for a really slow (1 game months / day) and long (1955 - 2040) Open AE world

and having all the aircraft always available would mean no "finding out when production ramps up"

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Yer but LCC, you said that aircraft deliveries based on real world time. So we would need to find out when the 787 goes from 2 a/c per month to 4 a/c a month, to 10 a/c a month delivered etc etc .

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Yer but LCC, you said that aircraft deliveries based on real world time. So we would need to find out when the 787 goes from 2 a/c per month to 4 a/c a month, to 10 a/c a month delivered etc etc .

the idea is to simplify the game to attract new players (ie less complicated and that repeats less often or not at all)
so the aircraft delivery would be on a fixed delivery - all aircraft fixed at 1 a/c per real world hour permanently
(or at a real time rate that = 2 a/c per month in a 20 minute long game day world) - ie no delivery rate changes

this would also simplify the world's 'code'

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
Yukon World!

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

the idea is to simplify the game to attract new players (ie less complicated and that repeats less often or not at all)
so the aircraft delivery would be on a fixed delivery - all aircraft fixed at 1 a/c per real world hour permanently
(or at a real time rate that = 2 a/c per month in a 20 minute long game day world) - ie no delivery rate changes

By "fixed delivery" do you mean have an actual backlog for each production line instead of each airline independently getting a delivery every X days?

Either way, I don't see this simplifying anything (code or otherwise). Having one slow world wouldn't hurt though.

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
A slow world wouldn't hurt. But why 5000 (!) airlines for more competition? :| i have enough conpetition in a regular R world already. Rdelta with 500 airlines is enough, although up to 750 airlines moght work.
And how should airline deliveries start, if time doesn't pass (as it would in a never ending world).

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

By "fixed delivery" do you mean have an actual backlog for each production line instead of each airline independently getting a delivery every X days?

A separate delivery line for each aircraft so if you order 5 A319-200's then 5 A320-200's then 5 A321-200's then your "Pending New Aircraft Deliveries" would look like this:

A319-200
A320-200
A321-200
A319-200
A320-200
A321-200
A319-200
A320-200
A321-200
A319-200
A320-200
A321-200
A319-200
A320-200
A321-200

Either way, I don't see this simplifying anything (code or otherwise). Having one slow world wouldn't hurt though.

Having a slow world would cater to people who like to really fine tune their AE routes

A slow world wouldn't hurt. But why 5000 (!) airlines for more competition? :| i have enough conpetition in a regular R world already. Rdelta with 500 airlines is enough, although up to 750 airlines moght work. *

Just starting a dialog to get the number right - so would 700 airlines work ?

And how should airline deliveries start, if time doesn't pass (as it would in a never ending world).

As I said before, the deliveries in a never ending world would be:
(an example - I do not know for certain)
say if is set at "2 a/c per month" then it would (shot in the dark) = 1 aircraft every 30 real world (UTC) minutes
(Yuxi could supply what the real world time (in UTC minutes) between deliveries is in a 2 a/c per month world -
Ie converting in a regular world with
2 a/c deliveries per game month what the real world time (in UTC minutes) between deliveries would be)

and all AE aircraft would always be available in this world - ie being able to buy a B737-500 or a DC7 etc
late* in the world
(late* = assuming this idea becomes a slow world)

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

R-Delta, unlimited airlines per player 500 airline world limit...yes it starts out full then dwindles to ~200 airlines. so with a proposed 700 :|

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

R-Delta, unlimited airlines per player 500 airline world limit...yes it starts out full then dwindles to ~200 airlines. so with a proposed 700 :|

no, you would be limited to just 1 airline per user

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
I think this is a worse idea than this proposition based on the fact that it doesn't restart. Ever. That means (barring attrition due to the lack of interest over time) that one airline will be dominant from the get go and others will have a helluva time trying to get started.

The game is already simple enough for the newbie to get around. With the exceptions of some poor GUI choices, everything is self explanatory and should be easy enough to use provided they actually read the screens. Having start and termination points for the worlds enables newer users to get in at the beginning of a world, making it easier for them to try and build in an environment where no one has a clear advantage. Your delivery scheme is even more confusing and potentially damaging compared to the standard AE worlds. Having aircraft delivered by production line times per aircraft designation (e.g. 4wk startup, new delivery every 2wk for a 737NG) (Yes, this probably isn't accurate) is more realistic and in line with AE gameplay than having a/c being dumped on an airline at an arbitrary rate. Your proposed simplification of code would actually require a rewrite from the current code that already exists.... I don't call that simplification. But Yuxi's already gone over that, so :whistling:

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

no, you would be limited to just 1 airline per user

exactly, so an even lesser amount of airlines. you misinterpreted what i said :P R-Delta you can have as many as you want, and the world dwindles to ~200 airlines. In your proposed world, only 1 airline per player so there'd be even less. Also, if anything this world would deter some of the new users especially if they join ae at the beginning of this world, they'd see a crap load of airlines in 1 world compared to other worlds.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
Slow world? Yes. This? No.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users