Removal of inactive airlines in "deep s***"

- - - - - AE 3.1

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
I just noticed my main competitor is $36billion negative. Why are these airlines still in the game? I think we should take airlines like this out of the games. Its costing me money having to compete with him and its only annoying me. Even the owner has been inactive since October!

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
There's 2 Airlines in one of my game worlds in they UK who are inactive, both since October, isn't Yuxi meant to delete inactive airlines? These airlines just get in the way to be honest :/

banner_signature_northern.png

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts

There's 2 Airlines in one of my game worlds in they UK who are inactive, both since October, isn't Yuxi meant to delete inactive airlines? These airlines just get in the way to be honest :/

I always thought this as well.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Yeah he's meant to delete them, but airlines aren't really being deleted lately. Also, it may well be that your competitor airline has been given shared control to some other user who is still active...

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Yeah he's meant to delete them, but airlines aren't really being deleted lately. Also, it may well be that your competitor airline has been given shared control to some other user who is still active...

Well the sharer isn't doing too good, it's going a gown the rankings and into the red as if there's no tommorow!

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Inactive doesnt necessarily mean inactive. Especialy if one airline is losing money hand over fist to boost profit of another. And I gave an airline to somebody and posted I wont go in it again.

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Well the sharer isn't doing too good, it's going a gown the rankings and into the red as if there's no tommorow!

Just coz he sucks at running an airline doesnt mean you should just assume it's inactive and remove it from the game world. anyways, if the airline is so crap, how would it be bothering you? :P

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Just coz he sucks at running an airline doesnt mean you should just assume it's inactive and remove it from the game world. anyways, if the airline is so crap, how would it be bothering you? :P

I have to reduce prices when I start new routes :( also it would be better to free up those airline slots for people who want and do play?

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Yeah, they only force us to lower prices and they take up slots from everybody else. Wouldnt the airline be declared bankrupt if IRL if it was had debts of 36 Billion?

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Yeah, they only force us to lower prices and they take up slots from everybody else. Wouldnt the airline be declared bankrupt if IRL if it was had debts of 36 Billion?

maybe thats the way forward, if you hit -10B your automatically declared bankrupt?

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
That would be a good idea

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I still think small airlines that run into debt without competing with anyone, provided the world has free slots, should not be removed... :P

I'm not saying delete them if they go £1 in debt, I'm saying if there in a hell of alot of debt and their owner is blatantly not doing anything with the airline :P

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I'm saying if its 100 billion into debt, but doesn't compete with anyone, and the world has 100 slots left, it should be allowed to live... :P

Normal inactivity thing should keep going, with yuxi sending a PM and whatnot, but if the person logs in, to show they still want their debt ridden 2-cessna airline, they should keep it.

hmm i see :/ yuxi should just delete the inactive ones :P

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Basically yeah. The inactive ones, and the ones that are actually a pain to players (IE, a 500 plane airline flooding trunk routes in debt) :P
An airline 1 billion in debt flying a dhc-6 around St. Barts isn't doing anyone harm though.

But still when your a billion in debt the game is pretty pointless :P

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

If they have assets worth more than 36B then they wouldn't be bked :)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
This is a duplicate of http://www.airline-e...oint-of-return/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users