Photo

Capital Punishment

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Capital Punishment (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree to the use of Capital Punishment in cases of Murder where a Guilty Verdict is reached, but there is a chance of the Verdict being wrong.

1. Voted Yes (11 votes [26.19%])

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

2. Voted No (31 votes [73.81%])

Percentage of vote: 73.81%

Do you agree with the use of Capital Punishment in the case of Murder where it has been proved beyond reasonable doubt, the defendant is guilty.

1. Voted Yes (24 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Voted No (18 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Do you think that Capital Punishment should be administered in a similar way to the crime committed?

1. Voted Yes, I think if the way the murder was committed was inhumane, the defendant deserves to die in the same painful way (12 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. No, I think they should be killed using a humane and quick method (15 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Voted No, I don't agree with Capital Punishment at all (15 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Do you think Capital Punishment should be used in any of the following cases?

1. Voted Causing Death by Dangerous Driving (Drink Driving etc.) (9 votes [10.84%])

Percentage of vote: 10.84%

2. Voted Terrorism Offences (25 votes [30.12%])

Percentage of vote: 30.12%

3. Voted Treason (15 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

4. Voted Causing Death through Armed Robbery etc. (19 votes [22.89%])

Percentage of vote: 22.89%

5. None of the above (15 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

Are you from a Country where Capital Punishment is used for any offences? (Or State when in the USA) - Those in a State without the Death Penalty - answer no

1. Voted Yes (14 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Voted No (28 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

StevenP95

StevenP95

AE Know It All

• 134 posts
This is a topic to voice your opinions on Capital Punishment.
Feel free to either just use the poll or use the poll and reply below...

But please:
- Don't personally attack people
- Accept others' views
- Justify your reasoning
and keep it reasonable and within the rules of the game

Will be interesting to see how this turns out

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

No, the state has absolutely no right to take your life from you. What's more, I'd argue a life in prison is potentially worse than death anyway... :P

I do believe that anyone whom has been given life imprisonment without parole should have the option of assisted suicide, however.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
You killed someone, you deserve to be killed. Period.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

You killed someone, you deserve to be killed. Period.

I agree, we must execute the executioner.

StevenP95

StevenP95

AE Know It All

• 134 posts
I 100% agree with fox on this..
As I said last night in chat, I think Capital Punishment should only be considered in the case of Murder / (Terrorism) where there are witnesses, video evidence and forensic evidence which proves to 99.99% it was that person.. and even then I think it should only be considered..
The fact you could get the decision wrong and "execute" an innocent person is irreversible 10 years after.. unlike a person being in a prison cell..
Also, you have to take into account that life in a cell having to remember what you did is probably a better punishment for someone showing remorse whereas execution could be better for those who think what they did was perfectly fine..

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Airwave

Airwave

-

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 300 posts

User's Awards

I feel that people shouldn't be killed, since it's the easy way out. :P If we make prisons a living hell, then we're getting somewhere. They can live and suffer for their life, not just die and essentially just escape a hell on earth. :P

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
I would rather die rather than be put in jail (unless this is Norway we're talking 'bout)

nWcLJH0.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Possibly providing they'd served at least two years, if there was any doubt in their guiltyness.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

Since records have been kept, people executed but later found to be innocent is less than 5%........that is a 95% success rate. And most of those are from the early 1920 range. Life costs way too much money, I would be all for doing away with capitol punishment if they did a person by person vote with SSN numbers attached, those for life, their taxes go up to keep them alive, but mine stay the same because I will vote for using the death penalty. I could care less about which is worse, relieve the tax burden on the tax payer.

I support the death penalty, and feel we don't use it enough or fast enough IMO.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Since records have been kept, people executed but later found to be innocent is less than 5%........that is a 95% success rate. And most of those are from the early 1920 range. Life costs way too much money, I would be all for doing away with capitol punishment if they did a person by person vote with SSN numbers attached, those for life, their taxes go up to keep them alive, but mine stay the same because I will vote for using the death penalty. I could care less about which is worse, relieve the tax burden on the tax payer.

I support the death penalty, and feel we don't use it enough or fast enough IMO.

Less than 5%.
You seriously think that's an acceptable failure rate?

Also death penalties do incur significant costs. Whether this is more than life, sources are conflicting. Of course you could reduce the cost by getting rid of appeals, but that's just stupid. Death penalties are definitely not near free by any means.

Personally I'd be appalled that any of my tax money were to be spent on the execution of people, moreso if it was on the 'less than 5%' you claim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users