Should I change 10 year old aircraft.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Hi. I have my first aircraft coming up on ten years. A Airbus 319 long range . That its lease is expiring in a month and its almost 10 years old. i have a new one just delivered. More coming. Should I change them out . Or just keep using the new ones to add flights. All my flights are mostly filled. The Aircraft are profitable. I can see theres a difference in maintenance cost. And you pay a premium to the factory to get the range. But its reasonable to me.

My game rating is going up . I'm doing fine.

Thanks

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
keep using them as well as the new ones for a number of years longer i'd say until about 20 years old 10 is young in reality

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

NW DC-9s last 30 40 years

Signature%203.png

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts
In game the maintenance goes up drastically after 20 years

52N13E

52N13E

AE Player

• 55 posts
With the amount of money earned in AE, you could theoretically swap out your whole fleet after a year or after the first scratch sustained by a careless passenger...

Heck, I can even afford to send ten year old airframes to the scrap yard when they get exchanged for brand new ones

IRL, this is only done if there's absolutely no second hand demand for them, i.e. a good part of the small CRJs now being phsed out or the A318 or most, if not all of the A340s.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
keep your planes until 20 yrs old

nWcLJH0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users