Examine my airline. LAOWAI

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Hi. I have been on here a couple days. Anyone care to look at my mini airline in China. LAOWAI. Comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
So far so good.

But don't order (buy) new planes as a new airline - lease them instead. Two leased 737s would be far better than two owned Pilatus PC-12.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
i agree, lease a few more 737s, but so far it looks like a good airline

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Looks good but just remember less is more in terms of types of aircraft.

Signature%203.png

David22

David22

AE Player

• 32 posts
To add to everyones comments I would recommend maybe having a fewer destinations (while you are small) as gates cost money and every cent counts while you are small. But other than that it looks fine.

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      

I would recommend maybe having a fewer destinations (while you are small) as gates cost money and every cent counts while you are small.

That makes no sense unless you're simply flying to the largest airports in the region.

There are plenty of routes where you can recoup the monthly gate costs in less than one day--i.e., the other 23 days of the month are pure profit from a gate rental perspective.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Thank you all. For the reply. I just woke up and I have a 10 million profit. From being 3 milion in the hole yesterday. So I'm quite pleased.

I think I learned something last night. Its important to find a route that the plane can service 100% full, or near it. and at an airport where the gate cost can be recovered . When I started the game with the 737. I couldnt find an open route anywhere. So I found a dominated route where there was enough seats left , and it was short enough distance . To take a shot at being able to recoup the high gate cost back. That worked ok because you get the free plane to start with. More or less a main shuttle route. Once I lowered the flights to get the planes 100% full. I searched for another route from both ends. I found one and only one. So I set it up. And maxed out my planes flights.

Here's where buying the Pilutus saved me. I couldnt find connected routes that could support anything over 15 seats a day. And I had no down payment cash to get a lease .
Looking at the aircraft .For something to undercut a large airliner . For least amount of fuel expense, And most seats and most range, And most speed . The pilutus popped out. Nothing carries 9 people $1100 miles well over 300 mph. At this time I got the $1,500,000 down to buy it. And it looked like I could get it.

I cut my employees wages around 60%. And they popped a gasket. But the cash arrived And the purchase was made.

When i got it. I tried to put it on my expensive gate airport . And couldnt. I tried 1100 mile routes and it was unprofitable because of gas useage., Even with a full load. So i switched to something under 500 miles and profit was real nice. So i searched every airport with no competition, close range, with cheap gate cost, that could take 9 people and maxed the planes flights out. Thats why I have all those dstinations. I almost concidered changing my name to seven flights a week airlines.

Then i had to wait. No cash. Also at this time . i realized that I had to find a way to max out my slots at the expensive airports.
Which looked undoable. The pilutus couldnt pay for the gate cost. I couldnt find enough seats to get another big airplane.

The lease on the initial 737 came up for renewal. I traded it for a 10 year old 737-400 with 40 more seats . And a lease 1/3rd less. And got it and swapped it out . With the intent of getting rid of the other 737. For another Pilutus . Because I still could not find any connected , acceptable airports that could support a 737. On almost every route the additional 737 seats filled up. Once I had the spare 737 and cash looked good. I tried to find a place for the almost new 737. And, started filling in cities . And I got it in there pretty decent, at some cheap, podunk airports, but not maxed out. And I ordered another Pilutus.

The second 737 wasnt as profitable. And i had to defer accepting the pilutus for a month and a half. But I got it and I was broke. And my employees were in an uproar over their crappy wages. Well, too bad.

I placed the pilutus on some acceptable cheap, airports. And instead of trying the hub concept. I researched for another short distance airport that could take 9 seats. from the one I just placed. Daisy chain style, And took anything that could take 9 seats. Some japan flights started looking ok. Doing this. The pilutus maxed out flights. I fine tuned the 737. And almost maxed it out And went to work.

I woke up this morning. And I got 10 million. I raised the wages some. I'm not doing anything until tomorow.

Thanks.

Blue Skies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users