Photo

IFS help

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

gabrielrs8

gabrielrs8

• 4 posts
What IFS for 0-600mi routes do you think is most economical/profitable? I operate a boeing 737-300 with 18C and 131Y :) I'm trying to make a good IFS for these flights but so far the max IFS - economy i got was 40 :ermm: any help please...

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
I can if you want, but a tip for a good start up for smaller airlines, do not worry about reputation in any way until you have a decent cash reserve and a good amount of aircraft ;)

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Maje

Maje

Quiet Member

• 50 posts

User's Awards

3       2   
Hi,

It all depend on your type of airline, type of service you want to offer and frequencies. Having a high rating IFE really helps the IFE/IFS rating, thus providing your passengers with 4 to 5 stars IFE + 2 to 3 stars profitable (or not) IFS can make the deal on high frequencies route. You will make more money and get a higher rating at the beginning. If you want your airline to be oriented towards high levels of service, then you will need an average of 4 stars IFE/IFS, as said KJS607 it is preferable to use this strategy later in the game so it does not affect your growth.

Hope it could help,

Maje

gabrielrs8

gabrielrs8

• 4 posts

I can if you want, but a tip for a good start up for smaller airlines, do not worry about reputation in any way until you have a decent cash reserve and a good amount of aircraft ;)

Thanks for the tip :) it's not the reputation I'm worried about though, I'm just trying to get the best out of my IFS - economy for these routes :D

zakariae

zakariae

Qatar Airways CEO

• 127 posts

User's Awards

3    4    2      
Wait till you have more than 150 aircrafts and then get ifs for you airline and make sure you have a good amount of cash

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Wait till you have more than 150 aircrafts and then get ifs for you airline and make sure you have a good amount of cash

Aircraft isn't the best measure of success...

In my opinion, you should start implementing IFS once your cash flow is steady, and you can allow for a loss of a few million so you can experiment with your routes till you once again reach a steady cash flow. as for 0-500mi routes, i tend to offer 4x 5* snacks along with newspapers, child's entertainment pack, souvenirs and headphones, all free of charge. You can modify of my IFS if you wish. Another reason contributing to your "low" rep is probably the configuration your aircraft is in. 18/131 is well cramped. Actually how did you even fit that, the max config in game on a 733 is 18/120... for example US Airways has it in a configuration of 12/114, while Qantas ran them in a 1 class 130Y config. In game i do a 12/103 configuration.

Also welcome to AE and hope you have fun :)

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
I has IFS and IFE but only 30 aircraft :P But I guess newbies need to get used to running an airline efficiently :)

ADWAM.png

gabrielrs8

gabrielrs8

• 4 posts

In my opinion, you should start implementing IFS once your cash flow is steady, and you can allow for a loss of a few million so you can experiment with your routes till you once again reach a steady cash flow. as for 0-500mi routes, i tend to offer 4x 5* snacks along with newspapers, child's entertainment pack, souvenirs and headphones, all free of charge. You can modify of my IFS if you wish. Another reason contributing to your "low" rep is probably the configuration your aircraft is in. 18/131 is well cramped. Actually how did you even fit that, the max config in game on a 733 is 18/120... for example US Airways has it in a configuration of 12/114, while Qantas ran them in a 1 class 130Y config. In game i do a 12/103 configuration.

Thanks :) i think this your reply was most helpful so far :) but if, for example i offer 4x5* snacks what should be its price?

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I'm going to estimate he gives them for free. Posted Image
If you want the rating, that's the price you should go for.

Foxy is correct, I can say no more ^_^

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Thanks :) i think this your reply was most helpful so far :) but if, for example i offer 4x5* snacks what should be its price?

:P
If you find yourself losing money, then charge a bit over the actual value of the meal i.e. a 5* snack costs $6.95, then charge like $7-8

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

For my ifs, I charge $30 for 4 star breakfast, $42 for 4 star lunch, and $47 for 4 star dinner. I have 6 5 star snacks being charged at $10 a piece.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

For my ifs, I charge $30 for 4 star breakfast, $42 for 4 star lunch, and $47 for 4 star dinner. I have 6 5 star snacks being charged at $10 a piece.

Stop. Resurrecting. Threads. THIS IS OVER 2 YEARS OLD FFS.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

I knew that. But I needed the help, so I am asking now, How do you make a profitable 4 star IFS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users