Bring back a dead airline...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Guest_kiwii_*

Guest_kiwii_*
  • Guests
If you could bring back one dead airline already mentioned on the Bankrupt Airline Forum

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
SABENA is missing :mad::mad::mad:
-> Certainly not swissair :D

What about VG/Delsey Airlines and Citybird, both great liveries!

Air Kazakhstan come on, who cares :)

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by EuropAir]

Skycap

Skycap

• 52 posts
As much as I liked PanAm, I have to go with Eastern. Imagine what international travel would be like in the US with PanAm still around though!

Guest_kiwii_*

Guest_kiwii_*
  • Guests
SABENA is missing because no-one has posted on it.

If i wanted to put on every airline that had gone bust i wud have a list as long as my arm. Also just for the reasons of it being a poll, its just that short list for now.

ADC752

ADC752

• 24 posts
PanAm pioneered the field of international travel and I think they would be great to have around now!:D

Guest_QuènXQD_*

Guest_QuènXQD_*
  • Guests
Are these realworld airlines, or just made up ones in the game?

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

lmao

what do you think??? :D

---

yes, thats right, real airlines :)

[Edited on 4/27/2005 by Tump]

Guest_APX_004_*

Guest_APX_004_*
  • Guests
I think that TWA should be brought back. #1 because it was based out of KSTL(where I live) and #2 they were well known were a legacy carrier for the longest time.:D:cool:

[Edited on 4/27/2005 by APX_004]

EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude

• 16 posts
the only thing I remember about TWA was the hijackings :D

Flyingmad

Flyingmad

• 11 posts
bring back swiss air!!! i wish they had a better livery though!

ealvarez

ealvarez

• 162 posts
id say TWA or PanAm. TWA because everytime me and my family flew, it was always on TWA :P was one of my favorite carriers

PanAm, i got a chance to work on theyre 727's and DC10. i even got to work on theyre very last flight out of EWR. ofcourse the flight crew passed alittle wine around to everyone :D the last flight we basically just loaded up all theyre office equipment in the plane. that was pretty weird to do. :)

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757
I would like to see TWA back and TAESA from Mexico. :P

Guest_pat_*

Guest_pat_*
  • Guests
Well it would be nice to see the good old Swissair again, like in the eighties

wdleiser

wdleiser

• 141 posts
  • WLM ID:starallia_ceo@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:dougleiser
Swiss Air is pretty much now Swiss. Just just the name of Swiss back to Swiss Air and all of us would be happy! Oh and get a 747 :P

Pan Am is who I want back the most. I remember when I was like 2 in Oklahoma City there were a bunch of Pan Am 727's just laying around doing nothing. This was right around their bankruptcy and such.

ajax_rotterd

ajax_rotterd

• 63 posts
I want to see Dutchbird back in business.

Guest_Barbarossa_*

Guest_Barbarossa_*
  • Guests
Swiss, Swiss and more Swiss. The greatest airline to have dissolved.

[Edited on 8/16/2005 by Barbarossa]

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
Legend Airlines. BEST airline I ever flew.

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
Pan Am

ajax_rotterd

ajax_rotterd

• 63 posts
Don?t forget the airline KLM, because those French B*tches of Air France bought them, we are just waiting for Air France to repaint those beautifull blue aircraft into dirty white of Air France:P:P:P:P:P.

Grumpy

Grumpy

• 12 posts

Originally posted by ADC752
PanAm pioneered the field of international travel and I think they would be great to have around now!;)

I think the choices offered in the poll suck. There are many others out there that would be much more fun to have around, Braniff (1) for example. Those colors nowadays on whatever they'd be flying, probably 73Xs...amazing! Fun! Imagine them using retro uniforms in orange! Wow...

Tower Air just because they were so awesomely bad... by now they likely would have supplied us with lots more fun antics like badly maintained jets that ran off runways and turned sideways when landing, crews which worked way above the hours allowed by law... oh yeah! They were awesomely awful!

PeoplXpress for having pioneered U.S. LCC international travel, even if the little cart for collecting your cash or check on board for tickets was a bit too much...

I do miss Republic, which ran like clockwork or a bus..., as well as New York Air, which was a great little airline, as well as NorthEastern's "Yellowbirds"...

of the choices offered, I would have to vote SABENA since I flew them between ATL and BRU a lot and always had an adventure, usually of the vexing kind, but always loved Brussels and the excuse it gave me to route myself through one of the world's great cities...

As for Pan Am pioneering international travel, another public misconception ;). Pan Am was barely alive and van Trippe was not even out of short pants while others like Lufthansa, KLM and Avianca were already pioneering international service all over the world. Pan Am was not the only pioneer, nor even one of the better ones...they were just the American one...

[Edited on 11/3/2005 by Grumpy]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users